5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

feuerdog

Reaction score
If you’d like to be added to the tracker, please PM me your order details (VIN, order date).
Will do, thx.

EDIT: It might be in only D status, not D1.
I called customer support with my VON and they said a VIN hadn't been assigned yet, no other dates, ETAs, etc.

It's at least on the books after 100 days, so.........progress?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will do, thx.

EDIT: It might be in only D status, not D1.
I called customer support with my VON and they said a VIN hadn't been assigned yet, no other dates, ETAs, etc.

It's at least on the books after 100 days, so.........progress?
If you don’t have a VIN, then you’re not in D1 yet. C at best. Will your dealer not give you the status code of your order?

feuerdog

Reaction score
If you don’t have a VIN, then you’re not in D1 yet. C at best. Will your dealer not give you the status code of your order?
Dealer told me "D" - but my confidence in that statement is not high.

Customer service told me "its being built", but either couldn't find or wasn't aware of any current status codes.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I used to work at car dealerships, and have ordered several vehicles before.
I know there are always gaps and lag in the info pipeline around this time,......the current world supply situation isn't helping matters.

I'm sure i'll know more in the coming week or two.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer told me "D" - but my confidence in that statement is not high.

Customer service told me "its being built", but either couldn't find or wasn't aware of any current status codes.

I'm not surprised by any of this, I used to work at car dealerships, and have ordered several vehicles before.
I know there are always gaps and lag in the info pipeline around this time,......the current world supply situation isn't helping matters.

I'm sure i'll know more in the coming week or two.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)

Camel_City

Reaction score
Six weeks ago, I was at my dealer and they had a truck they had ordered back in May. It was exactly what I was looking for, so I put down a deposit and was given a VON. Haven't gotten much from my salesman since then, but thanks to y'all and the info I get on here, I did the Ram Chat thing today and received a VIN and was told all parts have been received and assembly will begin soon. VIN 1C6SRFLT6NN152096.

Camel_City

Reaction score
question
if it was "exactly what I was looking for,"
why didn't you buy it?
They didn't have the truck yet, but they had a list of several POC's they'd ordered back in May. This particular one was what I wanted, but hadn't been assigned a VIN, just a VON. So once I put my name on it, I was told I'd have a VIN soon, but six weeks later I still can't get anything from my salesman.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
They didn't have the truck yet, but they had a list of several POC's they'd ordered back in May. This particular one was what I wanted, but hadn't been assigned a VIN, just a VON. So once I put my name on it, I was told I'd have a VIN soon, but six weeks later I still can't get anything from my salesman.
Ordered in May with no VIN? Something doesn't seem right about that. Those of us who made orders mostly went from VON to VIN in less than a week. I ordered mine and of June and got a 119xx number and you have a 152xx vin. Might check with @Eighty it sounds like that order was not placed in May as they claimed
I personally also wouldn't exactly trust ram chat on this one. Unless you have a very plain build, not a lot of vins in that range are coming off the line yet.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Ordered in May with no VIN? Something doesn't seem right about that. Those of us who made orders mostly went from VON to VIN in less than a week. I ordered mine and of June and got a 119xx number and you have a 152xx vin. Might check with @Eighty it sounds like that order was not placed in May as they claimed
I personally also wouldn't exactly trust ram chat on this one. Unless you have a very plain build, not a lot of vins i that range are coming off the line yet.
While only speculation, I’m guessing since it was initially a dealer order instead of a sold order it could have been sitting without a VIN. Once they attached his name to it, it raised the priority and was able to get a VIN?

Camel_City

Reaction score
I personally also wouldn't exactly trust ram chat on this one. Unless you have a very plain build, not a lot of vins in that range are coming off the line yet

While only speculation, I’m guessing since it was initially a dealer order instead of a sold order it could have been sitting without a VIN. Once they attached his name to it, it raised the priority and was able to get a VIN?
Correct, exactly what happened 👍

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
That is likely, I don't have the correlating data for vin to order date. But that could easily be a vin from about 6 weeks ago. Still seems like they feed him a line with the May order to make it seem like it would come sooner

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, exactly what happened 👍
Not sure when you dealer "tried" to put in that order, but dealers were able to successfully submit stock orders since the first day. There have been several instances where massive dealer orders were dumped in, and those events have happened several times now.
Your VIN was issued on 8/16 (based on the timelines of the VINs surrounding you).
I've got you added to the tracker now. It's not a GT Rebel, is it?

Camel_City

Reaction score
Not sure when you dealer "tried" to put in that order, but dealers were able to successfully submit stock orders since the first day. There have been several instances where massive dealer orders were dumped in, and those events have happened several times now.
Your VIN was issued on 8/16 (based on the timelines of the VINs surrounding you).
I've got you added to the tracker now. It's not a GT Rebel, is it?
Thanks Eighty! It is a Rebel GT night edition.

Camel_City

Reaction score
Looking at my POC here in front of me, it shows date ordered 2021-05-07, and the day I put a deposit down of 2021-08-14. Also shows Order Type - Retail, Scheduling Priority - 4-dealer and Build Priority -99.
Other than that, this is all new to me and I appreciate the feedback!

Camel_City

Reaction score
Here's a photo of the POC ...I wrote in the VIN when I received it from Ram Chat earlier.

Attachments

• PXL_20210923_184959038.jpg
    PXL_20210923_184959038.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 38

Jamin55

Reaction score
My Dealer placed an order on 09/10. 2022 Rebel GT(Level 2, Dual Pane sunroof, plus various other options). Got Vin on Monday 09/20. Orginally said 4-6 months. They had placed orders for 2022's back in early August and had not received VIN's yet. Makes one wonder if Ram is going to try and push new models(GT Package. Red, etc) out first to get some publicity.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Dealer placed an order on 09/10. 2022 Rebel GT(Level 2, Dual Pane sunroof, plus various other options). Got Vin on Monday 09/20. Orginally said 4-6 months. They had placed orders for 2022's back in early August and had not received VIN's yet. Makes one wonder if Ram is going to try and push new models(GT Package. Red, etc) out first to get some publicity.
I heard that a lot of dealers were being audited for fraudulent "sold" orders, so maybe that had something to do with delayed order acceptances.

If you'd like to be added to the registry/tracker, please PM me your VIN.

brenan00

Reaction score
I read they are shutting down again on 9/27.
I don't think them shutting down is your problem, maybe they put a uconnect 5 in yours, instead of 8.4 4, and you are waiting for the sw patch. But really, brake controller? I have 20" and 3.92.

Users who are viewing this thread