5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Croaker

Reaction score
Maybe they are waiting for the 3.92 anti-spin rear end. A local dealer just got one in with the same configuration as mine (3000 vins after mine) except they put a 3.21 rear end in it.…I thought the Ecodiesel with towing only came with 3.55 or 3.92??

Last edited:

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Maybe they are waiting for the 3.92 anti-spin rear end. A local dealer just got one in with the same configuration as mine (3000 vins after mine) except they put a 3.21 rear end in it.…I thought the Ecodiesel with towing only came with 3.55 or 3.92??
Are you saying with the tow package? Their site doesn't mention a change in final drive
When I make a build online you can pick all 3 final drives with either of the two locking diff options. I got my Diesel with the 3.21, electronic locking diff (off road group or I would have done anti-spin), no tow package but the trailer brakes

Croaker

Reaction score
I really don’t know why they would build other vehicles before mine. They are not forthcoming with any information. I just know I saw a truck set up almost the same as mine, built 3000 numbers after mine. Just speculating as to why??

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I really don’t know why they would build other vehicles before mine. They are not forthcoming with any information. I just know I saw a truck set up almost the same as mine, built 3000 numbers after mine. Just speculating as to why??
it appears from the charts eigthy posts they are building in groups for areas of the country

Hasti17

Reaction score
it appears from the charts eigthy posts they are building in groups for areas of the country
You also have to factor in this isnt like plants used to be. back in the day plants ran sequential vins grouped by color because the cars were dipped (sometimes with different primer colors) and the paint booths could only run 1 color per tunnel. now you can have 4 trucks in a row painted in the same tunnel all of them in different colors. robots have enabled them to get as arbitrary as they want, and that is why we cant understand the logic, the build line is so adaptable they do no need a super obvious means of organizing builds

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
You also have to factor in this isnt like plants used to be. back in the day plants ran sequential vins grouped by color because the cars were dipped (sometimes with different primer colors) and the paint booths could only run 1 color per tunnel. now you can have 4 trucks in a row painted in the same tunnel all of them in different colors. robots have enabled them to get as arbitrary as they want, and that is why we cant understand the logic, the build line is so adaptable they do no need a super obvious means of organizing builds
should have quoted Croaker

brenan00

Reaction score
should have quoted Croaker
He is still waiting for his MY21, something is either wrong with it or it is waiting for a part but like we are seeing pretty much everything gets out sooner or later, and Croakers seemed like it was going to deliver before mine. We are two digits apart. Mine is 5.7 his 3.0, both 3.92 his anti slip mine e locker. Good Luck @Croaker .

Porky69

Reaction score
Order a MY21 1500 Limited Longhorn Ecodiesel 4x4 on Mar 10/21 and didn't see much happen until now, other than flipping it to a MY22 in June... On Friday it was D status (not sure when it changed to that...dealer hasn't been great about letting me know) and as of Wednesday it is JB status...

I hope it gets here soon!

Last edited:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 2022 Bighorn 1500 White night edition on 7/7 I keep asking the dealer for updates they said " 8 weeks " 10 weeks ago and I asked again this week and they said "it will be awhile" anyone have a realistic timeline?
I ordered a 2022 on Thursday, my sales guy said delivery possibly in February 2023...worst case. It seems it may be longer though, reading these comments.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone with 2022 on order, how long are you willing to wait before pulling the plug on the order? 1,2,3 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll wait as long as I need to. The used car prices are holding steady, so my trade in will be solid for a while.

MCM22

Reaction score
Ordered a 22 Rebel on 9/23. No Ram box option to pick. Anyone else see this?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a 22 Rebel on 9/23. No Ram box option to pick. Anyone else see this?
For what it's worth, I haven't seen a build sheet yet with Ram Boxes (not saying that none have been built, but I haven't seen one). Sounds like it's a restricted option right now.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I haven't seen a build sheet yet with Ram Boxes (not saying that none have been built, but I haven't seen one). Sounds like it's a restricted option right now.
Ram box option dropped for 2022.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram box option dropped for 2022.

That was supposed to be dropped only for the Tradesman

firedfly

Reaction score
I saw one with ram boxes. I think it was a Limited 10th anniversary build.

Edit: I found this 10 anniversary build with ram boxes.

Edit 2: I find this rebel with ram boxes as well.

Last edited:

MCM22

Reaction score
I was hoping to order the Ram boxes on my Rebel GT, kinda disappointed I couldn’t, but no where near a deal breaker. . I did see mention that it was the Tradesman model only to drop them. Wish they would update all available options somewhere before going to the dealership. Thanks for the info.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I just went back and mined through the build sheets that I've collected. I found 4 of them with Ram Boxes, ranging from 100208 (thenachobro's) to 149857. The earlier ones would obviously have them (if ordered), because it was still an option. The 149857 (Mr_662's) was ordered on 7/30. I don't have any build sheets after that with Ram Boxes, but again, there could be some.

Users who are viewing this thread