5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Wow. Please let us know when they issue a VIN to you. I’m keenly interested to know if yours will be in one of the “missing” blocks of VINs, or if yours goes to the next available number.
I’ve had a vin since the beginning of March, ordered November 23rd 2020

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a vin since the beginning of March, ordered November 23rd 2020
But if they are truly converting you to a 2022, then your VIN will change. Digits 10-11 will be “NN”, among other things.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
But if they are truly converting you to a 2022, then your VIN will change. Digits 10-11 will be “NN”, among other things.
True, I haven’t heard yet. My sales rep said that are contacting a chrylser rep to figure it out but that hasn’t gotten me very far in the past

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe that big block of mystery VINs is for the last few thousand 2021's that are being converted to 2022's

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Well for us Canadian folks waiting on sports, just got word today that mine has been pushed to a ‘22. No word yet on build priority or if they are going to honour the incentives that I signed.
HULK SMASH!!! i'm probably going down that road too. so leave markers on the trail. I would hope that they would put any '21 pushed to '22 first. hahahha what am i thinking? thinking they would do things in a fair way???!? after all I've been through. I must be crazy. fairness *pppffff** please.

thenachobro

Reaction score
HULK SMASH!!! i'm probably going down that road too. so leave markers on the trail. I would hope that they would put any '21 pushed to '22 first. hahahha what am i thinking? thinking they would do things in a fair way???!? after all I've been through. I must be crazy. fairness *pppffff** please.
I don't know but I was literally one of the very first to order a 2022 (May 6th) and yet, there were 207 vin numbers before mine. Bear in mind I ordered at 9am central standard time. Maybe the first 200 were vins issued to people who had their 2021s pushed to 2022?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crickets from the dealer or from RAM Chat? Or both? My spreadsheet showed Big Horns moving pretty quickly. Surely the 6'4" bed wouldn't slow it down?
both, I ordered every option that took chips so i guess that could be the down fall? and ordered from a small dealer. Now i want DIFFERENT TRUCK since i have learned so much from this site. maybe they will tell me oh we forgot about your truck so yours will be a 2022 with u-connected 5 we we will upgrade everything for free 😂😂 pretty sure i am going to move on to a new build.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
both, I ordered every option that took chips so i guess that could be the down fall? and ordered from a small dealer. Now i want DIFFERENT TRUCK since i have learned so much from this site. maybe they will tell me oh we forgot about your truck so yours will be a 2022 with u-connected 5 we we will upgrade everything for free 😂😂 pretty sure i am going to move on to a new build.
well i just checked for the build sheet again today and like magic to popped up! now thinking buy and see if i can resale? anyone looking for almost fully loaded Big Horn Patriot Blue Air ride etc? check out my build

Jay905

Reaction score
Well for us Canadian folks waiting on sports, just got word today that mine has been pushed to a ‘22. No word yet on build priority or if they are going to honour the incentives that I signed.
Well, that’s not encouraging news. 🙁 And I’m sure incredibly disappointing since I saw you ordered your truck in November 2020!

4th RAM

Reaction score
I just got my VIN today, last digits: 122803.
I ordered on 7/17/21.

1500 BigHorn

Thanks!

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Well, that’s not encouraging news. 🙁 And I’m sure incredibly disappointing since I saw you ordered your truck in November 2020!
Oh disappointment is an understatement but alas here we are. Not much else to do but wait

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. Donlen has listed something similar (late August), but they've had some other inaccurate information, so I was hoping they were wrong about this too.

But it would appear that the sources of information are starting to converge on a common theme...late August.

@MojitoJLUR, if you'd like to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, please share your order date, last-6 digits of VIN, and trim level (Laramie, Rebel, etc.) and I'll get you added.

Just got my VIN and would love to be added to the tracking sheet!
Order Date - 7/26/2021
VIN - 147692
Trim Level - Rebel

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my VIN and would love to be added to the tracking sheet!
Order Date - 7/26/2021
VIN - 147692
Trim Level - Rebel
Are you sure your VIN isn't 127692?
Orders from a week before you were in the 122000-123000 range. If the VINs have jumped to 147000, then something REALLY strange has happened.

Lorkan

Reaction score
so, last week i got an announcement from my salesman saying he is leaving the dealership, ( i assume retiring - he didnt specify) and im now dealing with the sales manager. he has updated me today, before he goes away until next tuesday, 'as of today your vehicle is waiting to be loaded on a rail car, there is a backlog of vehicles waiting to be shipped.'
i still dont have a build sheet popping and hes told me 'it will not show up until it is in transit' ( Canadian order). did i miss that piece of info along the way?

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Are you sure your VIN isn't 127692?
Orders from a week before you were in the 122000-123000 range. If the VINs have jumped to 147000, then something REALLY strange has happened.
This was the message on Ram chat.....

"Thank you very much Chris. I apprecaite it and thank you for your patience and holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I do see there is a VIN assigned and your new VIN is XXXXXXXXXXX147692"

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This was the message on Ram chat.....

"Thank you very much Chris. I apprecaite it and thank you for your patience and holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I do see there is a VIN assigned and your new VIN is XXXXXXXXXXX147692"
Ok, then something is weird. Either they typoed the VIN, or someone squeezed in 20,000+ orders in the past few days. Maybe that's where Ram is converting 2021 orders to 2022's? Pure conjecture.

Here's an updated chart, showing you (@MojitoJLUR) twice. The lower one smells right. The upper one doesn't.

1627500381562.png

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Ok, then something is weird. Either they typoed the VIN, or someone squeezed in 20,000+ orders in the past few days. Maybe that's where Ram is converting 2021 orders to 2022's? Pure conjecture.

Here's an updated chart, showing you (@MojitoJLUR) twice. The lower one smells right. The upper one doesn't.
1627500984196.png

Just a FYI, I contacted Ram chat again just now to verify and they confirmed this was the correct VIN and not a typo. I think your guess on the MY21 conversions could make a lot of sense.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just chatted with April, and I'm still in D status. I think she might be a computer. She answered my first question (with a lengthy response) less than a second after I hit enter.

But she did say one thing that I found interesting.

1627501272505.png

mac-oly

Reaction score
Ram Chat today: Still hasn't moved, but we'd be happy to escalate your order if it hasn't progressed by next week.
What's the point of escalating it a second time if it hasn't moved for almost a month?? I also asked if there was any worry about my 2021 being pushed to a 2022 and they said that would not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online