5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram Chat today: Still hasn't moved, but we'd be happy to escalate your order if it hasn't progressed by next week.
What's the point of escalating it a second time if it hasn't moved for almost a month?? I also asked if there was any worry about my 2021 being pushed to a 2022 and they said that would not happen.
FWIW l, I would imagine Ram Chat doesn't really know all that much. We know some 2021 Canadian orders are in the process of being converted to 2022's. Then again, that's Canadian orders and might not apply to US. 🤷‍♂️

I hope you get your truck soon!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram Chat today: Still hasn't moved, but we'd be happy to escalate your order if it hasn't progressed by next week.
What's the point of escalating it a second time if it hasn't moved for almost a month?? I also asked if there was any worry about my 2021 being pushed to a 2022 and they said that would not happen.
You ordered when I did from the same dealer and mine arrived two weeks ago. Different trim and options, but surely they had all those parts in inventory?

Aaron told me once that he's had Ram tell him a truck wasn't built yet and then it showed up the next day at his dealership.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You ordered when I did from the same dealer and mine arrived two weeks ago. Different trim and options, but surely they had all those parts in inventory?

Aaron told me once that he's had Ram tell him a truck wasn't built yet and then it showed up the next day at his dealership.
Reminds me of packages that show up randomly only to get the shipping notification the next day. 🤣

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, then something is weird. Either they typoed the VIN, or someone squeezed in 20,000+ orders in the past few days. Maybe that's where Ram is converting 2021 orders to 2022's? Pure conjecture.

Here's an updated chart, showing you (@MojitoJLUR) twice. The lower one smells right. The upper one doesn't.

View attachment 101232
I bet Ram would change outstanding dealer orders (not presold) to 2022s, wouldn't they?

mac-oly

Reaction score

I'd be just fine if that happened to me lol.

Hasti17

Reaction score
New User Here, i'm looking to put in my deposit on a ram build today, Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Crew cab short bed With the southwest package, off-road package, 33Gal tank and the level A tech group. I Live in NY and travelling to Arkansas to get the southwest package with the right color and interior configuration. best dealer (Frank Fletcher CJDR just outside of Little Rock) is negotiating @ predicted MSRP of 61700 with a 6-9 week expected delivery. first off have bounced off a couple other dealers with no success either a crazy deposit or over MSRP. If anyone has any area knowledge of the best dealers that would be hugely Appreciated. Secondly the dealer came in very confidently with a 6-9 week timeline and even after pressing them that it sounds incredibly fast given the current market insisted that they could do it. does that even make sense. any last minute advice before i go ahead and place a deposit would be awesome. Thanks all!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New User Here, i'm looking to put in my deposit on a ram build today, Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Crew cab short bed With the southwest package, off-road package, 33Gal tank and the level A tech group. I Live in NY and travelling to Arkansas to get the southwest package with the right color and interior configuration. best dealer (Frank Fletcher CJDR just outside of Little Rock) is negotiating @ predicted MSRP of 61700 with a 6-9 week expected delivery. first off have bounced off a couple other dealers with no success either a crazy deposit or over MSRP. If anyone has any area knowledge of the best dealers that would be hugely Appreciated. Secondly the dealer came in very confidently with a 6-9 week timeline and even after pressing them that it sounds incredibly fast given the current market insisted that they could do it. does that even make sense. any last minute advice before i go ahead and place a deposit would be awesome. Thanks all!
If this is for a 2022, then I'd say it's pretty optimistic. The 2022's don't start production for another 12 days (at best), and delivery time averages about 3 weeks. So you're looking at almost 5 weeks (from today) if your truck is FIRST on the production line. As far as I can tell, there are at least 147,000 orders already in ahead of you. I know they won't build the 2022's in sequential order, but I'm just gonna jump out there and say that 6-9 weeks is unrealistic.
Now, if you're talking about a 2021 (that's already been ordered by the dealer, and they're just waiting to get it), then 6-9 weeks is easily doable.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You can't order the Southwest package in NY!?

Hasti17

Reaction score
You can't order the Southwest package in NY!?
Nope. and Specd a laramie almost exactly the same (different paint/interior colors) at my local dealer. was OVER 5k more for exactly the same options.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If this is for a 2022, then I'd say it's pretty optimistic. The 2022's don't start production for another 12 days (at best), and delivery time averages about 3 weeks. So you're looking at almost 5 weeks (from today) if your truck is FIRST on the production line. As far as I can tell, there are at least 147,000 orders already in ahead of you. I know they won't build the 2022's in sequential order, but I'm just gonna jump out there and say that 6-9 weeks is unrealistic.
Now, if you're talking about a 2021 (that's already been ordered by the dealer, and they're just waiting to get it), then 6-9 weeks is easily doable.
that was my thought, other dealers in Arkansas quoted 10-12weeks plus transit in NY they are saying 12-18 weeks

jgreene

Reaction score
The dealer already sounds shady. 6-9 weeks seems pretty unrealistic as others have said.

Lots of the guys here use Aaron from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Maybe try him?

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Any dealer providing a delivery time is 100% a guess, hopefully based on previous experiences, but still a guess. If one dealer is saying 6 weeks and one is saying 16, it definitely doesn't mean you'll get your truck faster from the one dealer.

Croaker

Reaction score
Just checked with Jacklyn. “Parts are gathered and ready”….no additional information available.

My truck is supposed to ship Aug. 3. You would think they would know when they were going to build it if they are shipping it 3 business days from now.?

Hasti17

Reaction score
I caved to peer pressure on the Negotiated price thread and got a much better price From Mark Dodge, just waiting to make my deposit and place my order. Hurry up and wait sums it up just about now but y'all saved me a bundle of cash and quite a bit of stress. 10-15 weeks lead time is what i was told and that is a much more honest answer.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I caved to peer pressure on the Negotiated price thread and got a much better price From Mark Dodge, just waiting to make my deposit and place my order. Hurry up and wait sums it up just about now but y'all saved me a bundle of cash and quite a bit of stress. 10-15 weeks lead time is what i was told and that is a much more honest answer.

Welcome to the club! And I hope your transaction overall goes as good as mine did, their timelines for mine were right on the money the whole time (gave me an estimated timeframe of 10-13 weeks and it got there in 11.5). Be sure to stick around and keep us updated along the way, and share some pictures once it comes in, sounds like a cool build!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was told 10-15 weeks and it was almost exactly 10. But you have the retooling shutdown you have to wait through. Ten weeks goes fast when you aren't waiting on anything. But it sure drags when you're waiting for your new truck! I've got nothing but praise for my Mark Dodge experience.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, now join the Wait Club. Once you get your POC, if you'd like to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, please provide the following:
  • Order date (listed on the POC)
  • last 6 digits of VIN
  • trim level (Rebel, Laramie, etc.) . I believe the southwest edition is a Laramie, but please confirm.
The tracking spreadsheet is on this thread:

Hasti17

Reaction score
F
Welcome to the club! And I hope your transaction overall goes as good as mine did, their timelines for mine were right on the money the whole time (gave me an estimated timeframe of 10-13 weeks and it got there in 11.5). Be sure to stick around and keep us updated along the way, and share some pictures once it comes in, sounds like a cool build!
For sure! I'll keep updated on the forum and will certainly detail the whole adventure.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, I'll wait as long as it takes to get a really good deal. I know it can be hard but I figure I'm an adult. I can handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread