5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

kbooth

Reaction score
just talked to my dealer and will be picking up my truck Saturday morning 10am. Truck gets in early tomorrow morning, they need some time to slap on the exhaust I left with them and to get all the paperwork ready. Super stoked!!! Exactly 12 weeks from order date...

chexp77w

Reaction score
Hello sorry if this has been asked before and for my lack of knowledge but I’m planning to place an order fo 2022 limited 10th anniversary. Do I negotiate the price during the order processes or once the truck arrives? Again my apologies if this has been discussed before.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Hello sorry if this has been asked before and for my lack of knowledge but I’m planning to place an order fo 2022 limited 10th anniversary. Do I negotiate the price during the order processes or once the truck arrives? Again my apologies if this has been discussed before.
I can only speak for myself...This was my first time ordering a vehicle from the factory and I had the final price locked in at the time we placed the order.

Also, this would be a 2022 order at this point in time and there is another thread dedicated to 2022 orders that you may want to take a look at.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you're putting money down, you'd better have an agreement up front! Otherwise the dealer can mark it up by $20,000 upon arrival, and keep your deposit if you don't like it.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I ordered mine today and also first time I’ve ever purchased something that wasn’t sitting on lot. It was surprisingly easy and was able to do everything remotely. My company allows me to get the FCA Affiliate Rewards Preferred pricing, may want to look in to it and see if your company does? I’m not sure if this is considered a good price or not, I’ve heard people negotiate better pricing? I figured 1% below invoice is solid though when so many dealerships selling at MSRP. Will also get whatever incentives (if any exist) are available at delivery.

Attachments

• CA614EBB-BB95-44F5-A981-15B4F38B3F12.jpeg
    CA614EBB-BB95-44F5-A981-15B4F38B3F12.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 42

4th RAM

Reaction score
I ordered mine today and also first time I’ve ever purchased something that wasn’t sitting on lot. It was surprisingly easy and was able to do everything remotely. My company allows me to get the FCA Affiliate Rewards Preferred pricing, may want to look in to it and see if your company does? I’m not sure if this is considered a good price or not, I’ve heard people negotiate better pricing? I figured 1% below invoice is solid though when so many dealerships selling at MSRP. Will also get whatever incentives (if any exist) are available at delivery.
I'm new to this forum, but most are getting prices that are a bit lower, and they do not require dealer financing. I just ordered a RAM and I ended up with 5% below invoice (plus incentives available at delivery). I think other members are getting lower prices than me, but I'm happy with it. I will have some transport costs to get the truck home, but it is still much cheaper than my local dealers.

The dealer financing is a bit of a risk- if they gave you a low price, they can make up for it by quoting you a high interest rate.

PCHokie

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, but most are getting prices that are a bit lower, and they do not require dealer financing. I just ordered a RAM and I ended up with 5% below invoice (plus incentives available at delivery). I think other members are getting lower prices than me, but I'm happy with it. I will have some transport costs to get the truck home, but it is still much cheaper than my local dealers.

The dealer financing is a bit of a risk- if they gave you a low price, they can make up for it by quoting you a high interest rate.
I probably should have done more due diligence prior to placing order and utilizing the program, I didn’t discover this forum until I placed my order today.

I wasn’t worried about the financing clause because I’m a cash buyer, but very valid point.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I probably should have done more due diligence prior to placing order and utilizing the program, I didn’t discover this forum until I placed my order today.

I wasn’t worried about the financing clause because I’m a cash buyer, but very valid point.

I feel the same way. I read about half of the posts before I ordered, but then after that I read more and learned some ways I might have ordered differently. Live and learn!

Nice that you are a cash buyer! That's really helpful!

brenan00

Reaction score

If you haven’t used the affiliate pricing already. My sales person honored it after I found it on the forum. I had placed my order on the 5th and told him I was as using the program on the 20th. It’s worth a try. Also look for coupons by requesting brochures on the ram trucks website, true car will give you 250 to 500. You can find more savings while waiting. Good luck

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can definitely do better but I can understand why some people may skip it. I could have done the affiliate program but I ended up going to a volume dealer. The difference in price is about $3500. I can grab a one way flight for $250-$450 and even with break in, I should be able to make it home on a tank of gas and in about 9-10 hours, but lets call it $150 in gas. For me, it was worth it. I can see how for others, especially those paying for freight, it just might not be worth their time. I'm a cash buyer and the bottom line is important to me. I didn't get to be a cash buyer by not pinching every penny possible.

Generally speaking, invoice is the absolute highest you should pay for any vehicle, ever. In this market, dealerships are whining over lost markup because of affiliate pricing.

70runner

Reaction score
Along those lines, here in San Diego area it's tough to find a dealer that will bargain below MSRP, forget invoice. Most don't seem interested in affiliate pricing. There are obviously enough folks that will pay MSRP around here. I shopped the quote I got from Bud Clary to local dealers. Few that responded claimed there was no way I could get that deal and offered at best a 1K discount from MSRP. Bud Clary quote was 1K below EP (employee pricing) and 8K below MSRP, not including 4K in locked incentives. Well worth the $150 plane ride and $35 uber. Scenic drive home was made more enjoyable by the 28+mpg of the eco diesel, one gas stop in 1200mi.

chexp77w

Reaction score
Oh ok and did you get a Vin Number yet? if so how did you get it I keep seeing on here people posting that they got a Vin number to track there truck build.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh ok and did you get a Vin Number yet? if so how did you get it I keep seeing on here people posting that they got a Vin number to track there truck build.
You get the VIN from your dealer when they send you a copy of your Priced Order Confirmation (POC). You might have to ask them for it if they don’t send it to you.

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
If there's no difference between 21's/22's other than some interior color options, I wonder if FCA will start producing both years side by side?
No. They just got back from shutdown today. Normally they would have been doing the re-tool today to go to 2022s, but they have a lot of 2021s to be built still. They will switch over to 2022 models at the end of August. I just talked to my buddy who works there as I have a 2022 on order.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. They just got back from shutdown today. Normally they would have been doing the re-tool today to go to 2022s, but they have a lot of 2021s to be built still. They will switch over to 2022 models at the end of August. I just talked to my buddy who works there as I have a 2022 on order.
Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. Donlen has listed something similar (late August), but they've had some other inaccurate information, so I was hoping they were wrong about this too.

But it would appear that the sources of information are starting to converge on a common theme...late August.

@MojitoJLUR, if you'd like to be added to the tracking spreadsheet, please share your order date, last-6 digits of VIN, and trim level (Laramie, Rebel, etc.) and I'll get you added.

thenachobro

Reaction score
Well, October it is! Sigh...

jefferyrw

Reaction score
We just got word from our sales guy that our truck was unloaded from the railcar today. It would be nearly a week before the truck would arrive at the dealer (80 mile trip) due to truck line schedule. Our sales guy lives near Portland and offered to drive it down tomorrow rather than waiting for the truck line. We should be able to take delivery on Wednesday or Thursday.

Last edited:

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Well, after 25 weeks of somewhat patient waiting in Canada, it is finally in my driveway! Thanks to everyone for the plethora of information on this thread! Knowing all the stages of the process and hearing everyone’s stories helped immensely! Signing off from Canada, eh!

c26b819947c6dbbd9cbbaff501eb6cd9.jpg

27106cd11d5359af9d6bc3f3113a7dd7.jpg

824f66d96d3ee5b669907be61484fafa.jpg

e560fc95469cac77e0146133ec8ca6df.jpg

Proud owner of a 2021 Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread