5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Why don't you just take Uber to the dealer, then drive your new truck home?
A great idea and we did look into that...

Due to our remote location (even though it seems like we are not that far out) Uber, Lyft and the taxi service are charging over $50 each way from out house. We live in a forested area that is sparsely populated and nobody wants to come all the way out here. they want to charge us for the drive to pick us up in addition to the actual ride. Can't even get food delivery (which would have been nice during the three weeks that the Corvette was broken, just got it running again a few days ago).

I had a buddy lined up to take us over but he will be out of town next week and the following week so that fell through. We are glad that our sales guy stepped up.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I did the "take my wife to the SC coast for a few days, drive to western Louisiana, then drive back to western North Carolina" route--because we were trading in our Jeep.

I was EXTREMELY nervous driving our new truck through Atlanta on the way home. We went through about 6:30-7:00pm and it was still bumper-to-bumper. Fortunately, most of the drivers were pretty well-behaved.

We came straight home from Baton Rouge--that's as far as the wife and dogs could go after we picked up the truck late afternoon. That's about 725ish miles for us. I wasn't a bit saddle sore or tired. Truck truly rides great and comfortable!
Sounds like a nice trip! I know what you mean about Atlanta traffic, I avoid 285 and inside the perimeter at all cost. Our current plan is to fly into either Houston or Lafayette an drive a rental to Lake Charles. Don't really want to drive my current truck out but that depends on trade-in vs local sale. Enjoy your new ride!

benitslu

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice trip! I know what you mean about Atlanta traffic, I avoid 285 and inside the perimeter at all cost. Our current plan is to fly into either Houston or Lafayette an drive a rental to Lake Charles. Don't really want to drive my current truck out but that depends on trade-in vs local sale. Enjoy your new ride!
I am sure they will meet you at the Lafayette airport for free. 1.5 hour drive.
Try to time your return home to where you are not driving east through Baton Rouge between 4-6pm.... I-10 can back up pretty bad at the Miss River Bridge.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try to time your return home to where you are not driving east through Baton Rouge between 4-6pm.... I-10 can back up pretty bad at the Miss River Bridge.
Yep, they will meet you. I know they have met people at Houston airport. I'd just give them plenty of notice so they can be sure they have someone free to take it. Only downside is you won't be the first to drive it--but my truck had 24 miles already on it so someone somewhere was either driving it or pushing it.

And we hit the Baton Rouge traffic at about that 4-6 time period. It was pretty bad, plus some hard rains. If you use Rain-X, I'd seriously consider taking some with you and applying it when you get the truck.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Sorta unsure about not taking delivery at the dealership, just in case something needs to be addressed.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was a good trip once, but I don't know if I would do it again. If I wasn't trading I'd probably have just shipped it, but I was facing $1600-2000 to ship both vehicles so I decided to drive. Our beagles really didn't like being cooped up that long. Savannah to Jacksonville was really bad in terms of traffic.

benitslu

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Sorta unsure about not taking delivery at the dealership, just in case something needs to be addressed.
I hear you. I live in Lafayette and the thought of them delivering it is tempting, but I also would like to meet Aaron and take delivery at the dealership. Drive is not far for me compared to what most on this forum are driving.
Before I joined this forum, I was not even aware of this dealer that is so close to me. Although, this is my first Chrysler product to own.

wintaborn

Reaction score
Goodmorning all.
I've been lukring around since March when my 1500 Classic was originally supposed to be arriving, lots of helpful people here. I am in Canada, North Eastern Ontario, ordered Dec. 30. since then my build/ship dates - according to my salesman at the dealership have been May, June and most recently July 16.
I still cant populate a buildsheet or windowsticker from the handy links you all have provided, so im sure its not on the way, yet. My frustration is mounting tho as, on Saturday when i emailed inquiring if the truck had actually shipped the previous day, and the buildsheet wasnt available, the salesman replied that neither he nor his manager were aware of such a tool. what he keeps referring to is the ordersheet that he gets updates on for my truck.
so, basicllay just wanted to say hi, and thanks and b tch a bit.
That is the same as what my sales guy tells me, he checks daily for status updates on all the 30+ trucks he has on order. There has been no updates on my truck that was ordered late February. I am not sure how your guy is giving you those dates, my guy says he and the dealership can only guess until a D1 status with a build date, other than that it is just speculating based on past orders. I really hope I get the truck by the end of August.

Is there any "new" news on the shutdowns and switchover to 22 model year?

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Finally some good news on a Canadian order! Got a call yesterday from sales manager that they received an email from Chrysler saying that delivery dates mean nothing as the system is screwed up so I may see truck either tomorrow or 2 months from now (ordered Feb 1). Then I got a call today saying that it would be in tonight! Second call today says its arrived! Dealer pics only and pick up on Monday! Still can’t believe it actually arrived!

17ac75553dde2ee6860cc26dec534c29.jpg

b3dc554dd51de3ab7fa4bfc4cf6595ef.jpg

c9d8d09f83434f4ebd4da0f1cb82f71c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear you. I live in Lafayette and the thought of them delivering it is tempting, but I also would like to meet Aaron and take delivery at the dealership. Drive is not far for me compared to what most on this forum are driving.
Before I joined this forum, I was not even aware of this dealer that is so close to me. Although, this is my first Chrysler product to own.
My first Ram also and would also meet Aaron. I just want to check it out at dealership before taking delivery although I'm pretty sure Aaron will not deliver a truck that isn't right!

Jay905

Reaction score
Finally some good news on a Canadian order! Got a call yesterday from sales manager that they received an email from Chrysler saying that delivery dates mean nothing as the system is screwed up so I may see truck either tomorrow or 2 months from now (ordered Feb 1). Then I got a call today saying that it would be in tonight! Second call today says its arrived! Dealer pics only and pick up on Monday! Still can’t believe it actually arrived!
Good news indeed for Canadian orders. Great news for you! Congratulations! Enjoy the truck! You need to take it on a 1600km road trip like jgreen.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Good news indeed for Canadian orders. Great news for you! Congratulations! Enjoy the truck! You need to take it on a 1600km road trip like jgreen.

Well, at least 800km so I can start towing my travel trailer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first Ram also and would also meet Aaron. I just want to check it out at dealership before taking delivery although I'm pretty sure Aaron will not deliver a truck that isn't right!
He told me a story about a truck that was getting the bed liner sprayed in and some line broke and it sprayed all over the truck. I think he even said it got inside! :eek:

4th RAM

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Mark Dodge this week, and we're considering flying in from MD and driving it home. I had some thoughts about having them meet us in New Orleans with the truck, but then I'm not the one putting on the first 300 miles, and I really can't expect that the dealer would drive it as specified by the owner's manual. I'm sure they just hit the highway and try to get there and back as quickly as possible. The drive home should be nice, we're planning to make a vacation of it...whenever the truck is ready.

jgreene

Reaction score
That was just the warm up trip! Driving from SK to ON next month for summer vacation.

Hope you get some good news soon!

Users who are viewing this thread