5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

bdwebb2

Reaction score
For those of you who are getting your window stickers and build sheets within a day of one another, which of the FCA website “prefixes” are you using to do so? For mine, the Chrysler website populated the build sheet a solid day-and-a-half to two days earlier than the Dodge or Jeep website, which could potentially explain why some of you are noticing what seems like an unusually quick turnaround in JB, but what’s actually happening is simply a delay in the build sheet showing up.

jgreene

Reaction score
So my dealer told me that my truck was being shipped on June 17th. I was tracking through Ramcares yesterday as they said it was being built. I checked various build sheet and window sticker links. I got both this morning!. I think Ramcares was a little behind. As well...some links still show no build sheet.

ETA from the dealer is about 3 weeks to get here!!

BladeK

Reaction score
How did you get your vin? I ordered mine 5-15-21 and still do have a vin….
It might be the difference in builds. 1500 ram lonestare ,eco diesel, ram box,sun roof air ride. Mine is a 2022 vin. Which means probably late September delivery.

Nova90

Reaction score
For those of you who are getting your window stickers and build sheets within a day of one another, which of the FCA website “prefixes” are you using to do so? For mine, the Chrysler website populated the build sheet a solid day-and-a-half to two days earlier than the Dodge or Jeep website, which could potentially explain why some of you are noticing what seems like an unusually quick turnaround in JB, but what’s actually happening is simply a delay in the build sheet showing up.
Same here, sticker first showed up on Chrysler site.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Just a question for the Canada folks.. why couldnt you just order from the US and drive or ship it back .. is there a VAT tax or something?
For most of us these are Sport trims which is it’s own separate trim line here, basically between a Laramie and Big Horn. There would also be quite the import cost and tax to bring it across the border. I have read on here that the warranty also won’t hold up if you try to make a claim outside the country of purchase.

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha, just got a text from my fleet salesman at windward cdjr, the truck is D1. They must have finished growing all the chips it needs. One less hurdle. The six weeks have taken forever (I feel for our Canadian friends). He said it should be built by 7-15 then 3 to 5 weeks of transit 2 trains 2 trucks and a canoe then driven from sand island over the Pali to Kaneohe. The time and this forum has given us time to get a better deal (tread lightly, credit card and spending $7500 and other coupons) if @Silent Bob has any more advice I’ll take it, mahalo. More time to think and learn about the mods (more money).

jgreene

Reaction score
For most of us these are Sport trims which is it’s own separate trim line here, basically between a Laramie and Big Horn. There would also be quite the import cost and tax to bring it across the border. I have read on here that the warranty also won’t hold up if you try to make a claim outside the country of purchase.

Plus with the borders closed for the past 15 months without knowing when it would reopen. Plus the hassle of having to switch it here with taxes and what not.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 97188
Just got this very detailed bit of information, thank you Jacklyn. Not sure how some people get ETAs and Ram Chat is basically done. Or do the ETAs come from the dealer only?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score

Yes the $70,000 trucks ends up costing almost $90k with duties and taxes if imported and safetied. Warranty also becomes void, same if you take a Canadian truck and sell it in the US.

We don’t get EcoDiesel below a Rebel trim here in CDA and I looked at importing. The $65,000 truck would end up being just over $81k, which is more than a Rebel EcoDiesel, and just below a Laramie ED, with no warranty. I ended up getting a Rebel ED for $68k all in with tax on a $77k MSRP and it has warranty.

sflindsey

Reaction score
When I contacted Aaron after the previous flooding in Lake Charles, he said the dealership is at one of the highest points in town. I guess nothing is completely safe along the Gulf shore, but it did sound like they have some protection from a storm surge/flooding.
Ditto. Aaron told me the same thing when I picked up my truck last Thursday.

El_Draque

Reaction score
Got to see mine, im really happy how the crew cab with 6 foot bed looks. have to wait until July 7th to get amp steps and tonneau installed. And i can't pick it up until next week due to refinancing mortgage. Cant wait.

Attachments

• 20210616_162640.jpg
    20210616_162640.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210616_161534.jpg
    20210616_161534.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210616_161545.jpg
    20210616_161545.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210616_161600.jpg
    20210616_161600.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 40

SeaSkag

Reaction score
Actual update:

I emailed the sales manager last night asking about what kind of delay the 2022 production start date of 8/7 would create for my truck. Today his sales assistant sent me a text with my VON. Nothing about the question I actually asked. So while there's finally progress, the progress still looks to be delayed months longer than he told me it'd be.

Signature updated. lol

Users who are viewing this thread