5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Nova90

Reaction score
Hemidakota was only in JB status for like 37 minutes! lol, lucky dude. I'm hoping my "extended" time is due to them not being open on weekends. Sorry to hear your delay though, do you think they messed up your decals and had to peel and reapply, or bad application of the spray in bedliner?
No clue, Aaron is trying to get in touch with his factory rep. I did not have any Rebel decals installed....only spray in liner & running boards.

sflindsey

Reaction score
I’m home. Long day. Check engine light came on, I scanned it when I got back. P0C0B, I think it is something with the e torque? Certainly not a good start. It’s a very tight fit, I’ll take the folding work bench down tomorrow. Not sure if I’ll clear the cabinets without being in entry mode. Will be super tight with my wifes car in tomorrow.

I’m home. Long day. Check engine light came on, I scanned it when I got back. P0C0B, I think it is something with the e torque? Certainly not a good start. It’s a very tight fit, I’ll take the folding work bench down tomorrow. Not sure if I’ll clear the cabinets without being in entry mode. Will be super tight with my wifes car in tomorrow.
That is a tight fit. Luckily you have that option. My garage is not long enough. I cannot convince my wife to push the garage back a couple of feet into the family room. 🙂
Hopefully, you are able to resolve the check engine light quickly.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Congratulations but I hope she drives a Prius. That's going to be tight. Sucks that your check engine light came on. I was just reading your other thread.
If it fits it ships! I have a little room to get over on the right still.

Attachments

• D46E11FE-5B2C-40B4-86DC-E9434A81A52B.jpeg
    D46E11FE-5B2C-40B4-86DC-E9434A81A52B.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 40
  • 3DE435A9-5AB3-4352-ACE2-8469433E536B.jpeg
    3DE435A9-5AB3-4352-ACE2-8469433E536B.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 40

traveller09

Reaction score
Well guys I got the call and they got my truck. Went to dealer and they pulled it in their service department to finish inspection and install my exhaust and air intake. I’m picking her up tomorrow after work. I’ll take some much better pics but here she finally is. I took one of the engine because it’s the only time I’ll see her without the ram air inta

Conrats on your truck. I think I have measured my garage 4 times now trying to decide if the truck will fit. It comes down to if I put it in the left stall, move the work bench and freezer to the other side of the garage I think it will fit. ha.ha..

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Conrats on your truck. I think I have measured my garage 4 times now trying to decide if the truck will fit. It comes down to if I put it in the left stall, move the work bench and freezer to the other side of the garage I think it will fit. ha.ha..
Before I got my first Ram, I measured and determined that it would just fit in my garage. And technically, it did. It was like playing Operation backing it in without touching the sides, and you’d have to fold the mirrors in, but it’d fit. You’d have a fraction of an inch between the rear bumper and the back wall, and the front bumper and the garage door, but it’d fit and the door would close.

Problem is, you couldn’t walk around the truck. Driver or passenger (depending on which side of the garage I parked on) might have to crawl over the seat and get out the opposite side. And the shelves/workbench in the back of the garage would be inaccessible.

Long story short, the truck doesn’t fit in the garage in any practical sense. So I said screw it, if I’m going to park in the driveway anyway, I might as well go for the longer bed.

One day, I’ll build a house with a truck sized garage. A friend of mine just built a huge garage, that could probably fit four Rams in a 2x2 fashion. I’m jealous.

JBV

Reaction score
mine has been in D status for a couple weeks. does the process pick up steam once it gets to D1 or it all depends? getting frustrated. i'm really hoping that once it gets to the next stage it starts progressing quicker. at this pace i'm wondering if it's going to be here for any summer travel....

traveller09

Reaction score
Before I got my first Ram, I measured and determined that it would just fit in my garage. And technically, it did. It was like playing Operation backing it in without touching the sides, and you’d have to fold the mirrors in, but it’d fit. You’d have a fraction of an inch between the rear bumper and the back wall, and the front bumper and the garage door, but it’d fit and the door would close.

Problem is, you couldn’t walk around the truck. Driver or passenger (depending on which side of the garage I parked on) might have to crawl over the seat and get out the opposite side. And the shelves/workbench in the back of the garage would be inaccessible.

Long story short, the truck doesn’t fit in the garage in any practical sense. So I said screw it, if I’m going to park in the driveway anyway, I might as well go for the longer bed.

One day, I’ll build a house with a truck sized garage. A friend of mine just built a huge garage, that could probably fit four Rams in a 2x2 fashion. I’m jealous.
Ha..ha.. I think I have a few more inches than that but it is going to be tight. I am going to try because it just kills me to buy a new truck and park it outside.

In my last house I bought some simple flat boat fenders, similar to the ones in the link, and fixed them to the wall to save my bumpers. I may do the same with this house.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine has been in D status for a couple weeks. does the process pick up steam once it gets to D1 or it all depends? getting frustrated. i'm really hoping that once it gets to the next stage it starts progressing quicker. at this pace i'm wondering if it's going to be here for any summer travel....
Don't get frustrated. D status can be 4~6 weeks. All normal right now. Once d1 lands, moves a ‘bit’ quicker.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're in Canada, those do seem to be progressing slower through the build process. That doesn't make sense to me, seems like any holdup would be shipping, not production. How long does it take to flip the switch from miles to kilometers?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ha..ha.. I think I have a few more inches than that but it is going to be tight. I am going to try because it just kills me to buy a new truck and park it outside.

In my last house I bought some simple flat boat fenders, similar to the ones in the link, and fixed them to the wall to save my bumpers. I may do the same with this house.

I am going to do something similar, and also hang a pool noodle from the ceiling between the cars so the doors don’t slam into each other by accident.

it will take some practice to get the car in without playing operation, but like you there’s no way I’m parking this outside. I kept my old truck outside for 20 years, but this is just way too much money

alpha_brit

Reaction score
That is a tight fit. Luckily you have that option. My garage is not long enough. I cannot convince my wife to push the garage back a couple of feet into the family room. 🙂
Hopefully, you are able to resolve the check engine light quickly.
Our trucks have to live outdoors too, the garage is about 6" to short for the quad cab, the crew+6'4" will be worse

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. And the wife does NOT want to park her 6 year old SUV outside…

Fabman75

Reaction score
Does anyone know who to contact to get a build escalated?
Ramchat will escalate your build (lol)after 45 days of no progress from the date your vin was issued. But I'm not convinced the order gets escalated. As others have said, "its more of a pacifier to not bother them" yeah, because they are soooo busy doing what they love, helping other ram owners......sorry, just venting .. I want my truck to start D1.
There is a couple non generic helpful ones. Ultimately, I have come to the understanding that you can get some info from them, but your salesman can provide the most current status. I'm calling mine tomorrow!

Fabman75

Reaction score
Yep - not very helpful in that respect. I had to ask several times for a VIN...almost 6 weeks after I ordered it. The dealer keeps telling me about the chip shortage, and says it might even be 2022. I will not be relying on them for any good info.
What dealer did you order from?

alpha_brit

Reaction score
IMG_9916.JPG
I mean, technically it fits. Diagonally. If it's the only thing in the garage. And it wouldn't now with the deep freeze that's in the back corner. I may need to move - time for a house with a better garage.

Photo taken when minivan was at the dealership getting a ring job (no more Honda's for us after that fiasco)

Users who are viewing this thread