5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey does anybody have regrets with options ordered or not ordered? I’m second guessing the granite crystal metallic. I definitely wasn’t going black cause it shows everything. Although I do love black. It looks awesome when cleaned daily. Didn’t want billet because wife’s Durango r/t is billet. Didn’t want to be fire chief so I didn’t do red. I couldn’t get a good read with the steel. I’m thinking I should have went with the crazy bright blue. That color is really growing on me. Only reason I’m second guessing granite is cause the sometimes it looks like the black around the bottom and the night edition just gets lost vs some of the other colors make the black really stand out. But I ordered the granite so that’s what I’ll have. Like I said just too much time waiting to make you second guess. Also probably should have gotten the rear view camera mirror

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told it would probably take 8-10 weeks from order to arrival, but it could possibly take 12-14 weeks. I've decided it's going to take 14 weeks and anything short of that is a bonus. Knowing more about the build progress would be nice, but it's really not necessary.
I was told 8 but expect 12. Limiteds seem to be taking much longer than BH or Rebels. I hope it means I get Uconnect5.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey does anybody have regrets with options ordered or not ordered? I’m second guessing the granite crystal metallic. I definitely wasn’t going black cause it shows everything. Although I do love black. It looks awesome when cleaned daily. Didn’t want billet because wife’s Durango r/t is billet. Didn’t want to be fire chief so I didn’t do red. I couldn’t get a good read with the steel. I’m thinking I should have went with the crazy bright blue. That color is really growing on me. Only reason I’m second guessing granite is cause the sometimes it looks like the black around the bottom and the night edition just gets lost vs some of the other colors make the black really stand out. But I ordered the granite so that’s what I’ll have. Like I said just too much time waiting to make you second guess. Also probably should have gotten the rear view camera mirror
Yes, kind of wish I would have ordered Advanced Safety Group and the 33 gallon tank (non etorque comes with 26 at least).
Oh well.

The granite is a nice color. My second choice to the delmonico red.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you’re still in D you can probably change it. I changed my 3.21 to 3.92. I’m still actually on the fence on that. Not for towing, but for getting my heavy *** truck going. I can always keep mpg down by driving like a granny and keeping it under 60 mph.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I had my salesman park a steel next to a granite since the website photos aren’t very good. Settled on the granite but switched after the order to the delmonico red only because I was promised the possibility of getting lucky someday with my wife if did.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, kind of wish I would have ordered Advanced Safety Group and the 33 gallon tank (non etorque comes with 26 at least).
Oh well.

If you’re still in D you can try to switch.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I like the hydro blue but I don't think it is available on a Limited. Delmonico Red really made me second guess black but I went ahead and got black.

My only wish is with the night package, make the grille and mirrors the truck color. Black out the badges and the wheels but I think it would look a lot better than a black grille surround

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Oh well.

Yeah call your salesman and have the 33 added now if you want it. I figure you probably have two weeks before your parts have been gathered.

Maybe Ramchat could add it?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2020 Silverado rst z71. Duramax. It was black on black. It looked awesome clean. I just didn’t have the time to clean it every day

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah 33 gallon tank is a must for me. Thank drive 80-100 miles a day depending on job location

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've gone back and forth since I ordered it, but I did the same thing when I ordered my wife's car. Her car is black and I love it when it's clean, but it's just too much work to keep it that way.

I'll go a few days doubting my choice, then I'll see a GCM Night Edition and change my mind. I like the fact that GCM can look like black, pewter, and dark gray all in one day. It's odd, but I see more good looking GCM Big Horns than I do any other trim level. Good looking wheels really make a difference and I went back and forth on that combination. IMO, satin black wheels are the only way to go.

I was fortunate to see virtually every color available, side by side when I was shopping. I really like patriot blue and a few of the other BTS paint colors, but they weren't available. I've owned blue, black, orange, red and silver trucks...I'm sure I'm going to be more than satisfied with GCM when it gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread