5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think mine will be the last 2021. Ordered January 5th and still waiting. I think they should make mine an honorary '22.

I'm not sure I could be making jokes if I were in your shoes. That's inexcusable. You could have ordered 2 more trucks since then.

drm827

Reaction score
Welp, dealer wouldn’t honor their price for a new build to get it right. Wanted me to accept the truck as is with the different interior color. I told them the interior color was the main reason for factory ordering, and since that was wrong, it would have to be a significant markdown, which they refused. The sales manager insisted I didn’t want to buy a truck (this is because after 7 weeks the dealer told me they didn’t know anymore when the truck would be built, so I said if you can’t tell me when it’s going to built I would like my deposit back. They responded the next day by telling it would be built the next week and I said great!) and continued to blame me for not catching their mistake. I got my deposit back and moved on!

Last edited:

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Welp, dealer wouldn’t honor their price for a new build to get it right. Wanted me to accept the truck as is with the different interior color. I told them the interior color was the main reason for factory ordering, and since that was wrong, it would have to be a significant markdown, which they refused. The sales manager insisted I didn’t want to buy a truck (this is because after 7 weeks the dealer told me they didn’t know anymore when the truck would be built, so I said if you can’t tell me when it’s going to built I would like my deposit back. They responded the next day by telling it would be built the next week and I said great!) and continued to blame me for not catching their mistake. I got my deposit back and moved on! If you live in northern illinois, don’t go to Tyson Motors.
That was your best bet. I would probably call that dealership in Louisiana that everyone is talking about.

HarvestHomeFarm

Reaction score
Posting in case my timeline is helpful or informative to anyone (see signature). FWIW, the window sticker has shown up this morning only at chrysler.com and not yet at dodge.com or ramtrucks.com. Also I had registered at cryptostickers long ago and they sent me an email on the build sheet about 4-6 hours after it starting showing up though the manual links...not bad. I have only checked my status with Ram Chat two times throughout this entire process, that might make me the self-restraint champion of this thread...haha.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Thinking ahead, because I have awhile..
For those that ordered their Ram at a faraway dealer >1000 miles..
did you go to pick up the truck when it was ready or have it shipped?
I would like to hear the + and - .
For me I am in San Diego and Truck will be in Seattle ish..

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For me I am in SD and Truck will be in Seattle ish..
I don’t quite fit that profile—mine truck isn't ready yet, and I'm about 700 miles from the dealer—but I'll share my decision anyway: I'm going to pick mine for these reasons:
  1. To make absolutely sure there's nothing wrong with the vehicle.
  2. I may decide to trade in my current truck, meaning a drive-and-drive vs fly-and-drive.
  3. Might as well make a mini-vacation out of it and visit coastal Louisiana.
Of those, only the first is generally applicable.

rsgard

Reaction score
I'm about 1200 miles away. Will be flying and driving.
-Plane ticket is cheaper than shipping
-I have no problem driving that far
-I can swing through some distilleries when I pass through Kentucky

vegasandre

Reaction score
I don’t quite fit that profile—mine truck isn't ready yet, and I'm about 700 miles from the dealer—but I'll share my decision anyway: I'm going to pick mine for these reasons:
  1. To make absolutely sure there's nothing wrong with the vehicle.
  2. I may decide to trade in my current truck, meaning a drive-and-drive vs fly-and-drive.
  3. Might as well make a mini-vacation out of it and visit coastal Louisiana.
Of those, only the first is generally applicable.
1- that makes sense - inspecting the vehicle and making sure its as expected as well as signing the deal /financing in person rather than phone and email. for that reason alone it may be worth it for me .
I'm about 1200 miles away. Will be flying and driving.
-Plane ticket is cheaper than shipping
-I have no problem driving that far
-I can swing through some distilleries when I pass through Kentucky
- I am on a Bourbon kick right now. lol I do love driving also. would have to overnight in No Cal or something. I can check out the growers there..lol

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I ordered from a place a little over 1500 miles away and my plan is to fly and drive. I want to be able to look over the truck, and it should be fun to put some miles on it. Shipping would definitely run more out of pocket up front. However, if you consider the all-in costs for driving, it would probably be less expensive for me to ship it (especially with an overnight stop involved).

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I have a question, My son wants to order a new ram, is there a link that he can go to to track or watch the build time line? or to know at least how long he has to wait to get a new vehicle the way he wants it? all i can find is this general time line. http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=order_to_delivery.htm this is for all makes and models
that page says 8-10 weeks but the dealers have been quoting 12-13 and that seems to be more accurate.

Desert Snow

Reaction score
I’m in Arizona and ordered probably from the same dealer as you — Bud Clary in Auburn, WA. I want to see the vehicle before buying it. I also have a ton of airline miles so my wife and I will fly to SeaTac free, then make a mini-vacation out of the 1,500 mile trip home along the Oregon and California coast.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp, dealer wouldn’t honor their price for a new build to get it right. Wanted me to accept the truck as is with the different interior color. I told them the interior color was the main reason for factory ordering, and since that was wrong, it would have to be a significant markdown, which they refused. The sales manager insisted I didn’t want to buy a truck (this is because after 7 weeks the dealer told me they didn’t know anymore when the truck would be built, so I said if you can’t tell me when it’s going to built I would like my deposit back. They responded the next day by telling it would be built the next week and I said great!) and continued to blame me for not catching their mistake. I got my deposit back and moved on! If you live in northern illinois, don’t go to Tyson Motors.
Wow. Especially because they could have honored your price for the new truck and charged full price for the new truck now on their lot. Sounds like they just wanted you to back out so they could sell it at full price to someone else to make more profit...

Jayson090

Reaction score
My build sheet showed up today, can someone remind me what that really means? How long before it typically ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build sheet showed up today, can someone remind me what that really means? How long before it typically ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build sheet comes when the assembly line is complete. if you have accessories then you still have to wait, but window sticker comes when it's ready to ship.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Im in WA State - and if you had ordered a TRX I would offer to drive it to you 😂

Limited2021

Reaction score

Just got my indigo/frost and glad I went with that. I like it better than the black I see in a lot of trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread