5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my rebel is definitely not flying through. I’m still in D1 almost 2 months in

vegasandre

Reaction score
I think that would be a fairly nice drive through some of Idaho and all of Montana. If it were me, I'd fly and drive and come back through Glacier National Park.
that is a great Drive!
I guess I should of specified -I am in San Diego Lol..

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking ahead, because I have awhile..
For those that ordered their Ram at a faraway dealer >1000 miles..
did you go to pick up the truck when it was ready or have it shipped?
I would like to hear the + and - .
For me I am in San Diego and Truck will be in Seattle ish..
I’m about 850 miles. I’m doing a one-way rental down to Lake Charles on a Friday. Picking up my new truck Saturday morning and driving to New Orleans to party all day. Then, I’ll get up Sunday morning and drive home. I just feel better personally inspecting my new truck before I sign on the dotted line.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Finaly arrived! Ordered November 17 2020, took about 6 months....Taking delivery next wednesday. They have to go local for linex or I would of been transfered to a 2022 model (that’s what the factory said) Dealer told me that pricing on 2022 model are way higher, like crazy high.... View attachment 94190 View attachment 94189
I have to know why it took so long

alpha_brit

Reaction score
I’m about 850 miles. I’m doing a one-way rental down to Lake Charles on a Friday. Picking up my new truck Saturday morning and driving to New Orleans to party all day. Then, I’ll get up Sunday morning and drive home. I just feel better personally inspecting my new truck before I sign on the dotted line.
Frankly I'm surprised that a one-way rental is less than airfare. Rentals have been so crazy lately.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Frankly I'm surprised that a one-way rental is less than airfare. Rentals have been so crazy lately.

TOTALLY off topic but my god, I’m not going ANYWHERE this Summer.
I have to go to Montana in June, round trip from BOS to GTF was $970 round trip.
One way to Lake Charles LA from IAD next Saturday - $470 ONE WAY
Rental cars in Helena MT, $500 a DAY! A FREAKING DAY.

WTF is going on? I’m an ace at finding a deal and every trip I’ve researched for summer has been so expensive I just wanna stay home. Should have travelled last year when it was cheap.

United wants 35,000 miles to fly one way IAD to LCH. I was in DC next week anyway so instead of flying IAD back to BOS on Saturday with my GF, I thought it’d be cheaper to do a change and she can head north and I’ll fly south. So I’m wondering now if I should just have the truck shipped.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A one way rental from Columbia airport to Lake Charles International is $86 for one day. Much cheaper than buying airfare for my wife and me. It’s going to be a long drive though!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emailed Aaron today to inquire the status of my ram, he informed me the truck has shipped and is expected around the first week of June. From there I need to have it delivered up to me in NY, was hoping to have it by mid June, which I guess could happen.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I have to go to Montana in June, round trip from BOS to GTF was $970 round trip.

WTF is going on? I’m an ace at finding a deal and every trip I’ve researched for summer has been so expensive I just wanna stay home. Should have travelled last year when it was cheap.

United wants 35,000 miles to fly one way IAD to LCH. I was in DC next week anyway so instead of flying IAD back to BOS on Saturday with my GF, I thought it’d be cheaper to do a change and she can head north and I’ll fly south. So I’m wondering now if I should just have the truck shipped.
I read an article that rental car companies started selling off some of their cars due to covid. Now that business is picking up and the chip shortage they can't buy new ones. Said people were renting u-hauls and driving them around. Local u-haul place here is rents everything they have completely out during the weekend.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my build sheet this morning and then an email from my dealer saying my Ram has shipped with an eta of end of next week.
One thing I noticed on my buld sheet was at the very bottom it says special scheduling condition. Anyone else get that? And what does it mean.
I have “schedule vii” but also “vehicle order tracking”, not the second one you have.

Chuck19

Reaction score

I just had mine shipped from Mark Dodge, 958 miles and it was $700. Totally worth it based on air line tickets and rental car rates.

Nova90

Reaction score
I just had mine shipped from Mark Dodge, 958 miles and it was $700. Totally worth it based on air line tickets and rental car rates.
Wow, that is pretty reasonable. Mine will be making a journey of close to 1,200 miles and I have been getting concerned about rising fuel costs & impact on shipping rates.

vegasandre

Reaction score
If you shipped and anyone else that ships.. did anyone inspect the car or did you just let the dealer do that?
also if you shipped /are shipping how did you handle the closing of the deal from a distance?
thank you

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if the words changed on ram chat but today I have all parts available and is sequenced to build. Is that different from the normal response🤔

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Ben. Just so you know I’m officially in D2 status. Computers are being programmed and sequenced to build. Should start build within 48 hrs. Just got off the phone with my salesman. This happened yesterday so my rebel should finally hit the assembly line. Today or tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread