5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Arkansas to Louisiana could be WALKED in 7-10 days 😂

Well..if I understand it correctly from reading posts here.
Train is direct down to Louisiana or direct as trains can be
then 24 hours to unload
24-48 hours waiting on a truck
half day truck drive to dealership then unloaded
then pre-delivery inspection takes a day + detailing

So pending no delays, that's 5-6 days.

Our vacation drive home may be canned though. Given the timing, I may be flying down and driving straight back. I'm hoping it comes in next week so I can fly down Saturday and drive straight home by Sunday night.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Anyone from Canada actually have the window sticker site work for them? Or is it one of those US only things?

Have my build sheet, but no window sticker yet and wondering if I should keep checking or give up and assume delivery is 5-6 weeks from build date.

rsgard

Reaction score
Based on everyone's arrival dates and their ship dates, I feel like I'll have one of the last 2021s. Would be nice if the Uconnect 5s were already laying around at the plant and they decide to just stick that one in my truck! :p
I ordered the same day as you and I don't know that I would want the hassle of having a frankentruck as far as model year features are concerned. Everything I've read about the new uconnect makes me think its just visual differences with no real functional changes. I use android auto in my honda 100% of the time anyway for music and nav which would actually be the same across manufacturers.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
So… RamChat is your starting place. D status takes a while “gathering parts stage” but since you have a VIN, that lets you know your order was accepted by the manufacturer.

Next is D1, which states everything is gathered and scheduling of build can begin. Once built, and rolls off the assembly line, a build sheet is generated, and available here:

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=YourVinHere

truck will typically go to “I” inspection stage for a few days

depending on options, your truck may go to the option garage (BUG, bed liner, decals etc). This can be a while. Once completed and inspected here, a Window sticker gets generated for your truck.

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=YourVinHere

After that it goes to the staging lot and begins the shipping stage.

hope that helps!
Help…? Boy does it. Thank you so much for that. This’ll be both fun and frustrating watching my truck being built, way better than buying off the lot.

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Anyone from Canada actually have the window sticker site work for them? Or is it one of those US only things?

Have my build sheet, but no window sticker yet and wondering if I should keep checking or give up and assume delivery is 5-6 weeks from build date.

Keep checking! That’s what I’m doing…waiting for order to get out of ‘I’ status and ship!! It’s painful!!

2021 Ram Rebel Diamond Black Crystal Night Edition

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the same day as you and I don't know that I would want the hassle of having a frankentruck as far as model year features are concerned. Everything I've read about the new uconnect makes me think its just visual differences with no real functional changes. I use android auto in my honda 100% of the time anyway for music and nav which would actually be the same across manufacturers.
Frankentruck. :ROFLMAO:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The main feature I’d like from UConnect 5 is wireless CarPlay (or wireless Android Auto for Android folks). The navigation also looks much improved. I use my phone’s maps, not the cars, but maybe this would change considering the TomTom maps get over the air updates, and using the built in navvy means turns show up on the HUD.

I wagered that Unconnect wouldn’t make it until 2023, and it looks like I bet wrong. So mildly bummed about that, but had I ordered a 2022, I doubt I’d get the deal I got on my 2021, so I’m alright with that.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t forget 2022 will be the year before the complete new model. It’s like having an 18’. Everyone was sick when the new gens came out. At least coming out of a 21 won’t be as painful as coming out of a 22

rsgard

Reaction score
The main feature I’d like from UConnect 5 is wireless CarPlay (or wireless Android Auto for Android folks). The navigation also looks much improved. I use my phone’s maps, not the cars, but maybe this would change considering the TomTom maps get over the air updates, and using the built in navvy means turns show up on the HUD.

I wagered that Unconnect wouldn’t make it until 2023, and it looks like I bet wrong. So mildly bummed about that, but had I ordered a 2022, I doubt I’d get the deal I got on my 2021, so I’m alright with that.
sometimes the usb cable is the only reason I can find my phone after a drive. At least on the android side wireless has more issues than they already buggy wired version.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Just got of Ramchat as we all check in a million times a day lol and there is movement. My truck is now in the paint stage. Looking at everyone's time line looks like it should be fully built by the weekend. Not bad I'm 5 weeks in since order.
So I have a question, My son wants to order a new ram, is there a link that he can go to to track or watch the build time line? or to know at least how long he has to wait to get a new vehicle the way he wants it? all i can find is this general time line. http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=order_to_delivery.htm this is for all makes and models

Hemidakota

Reaction score
So I have a question, My son wants to order a new ram, is there a link that he can go to to track or watch the build time line? or to know at least how long he has to wait to get a new vehicle the way he wants it? all i can find is this general time line. http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=order_to_delivery.htm this is for all makes and models

Choose chat and have your VON or VIN on hand. You can ask for updates and they will tell you at what stage you're in. It's definitely not a quick process for those of us that ordered Limited's. 6 weeks now and still D status which is gathering parts. Only thing I can think of is they are raising the cow for my seats.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Based on everyone's arrival dates and their ship dates, I feel like I'll have one of the last 2021s. Would be nice if the Uconnect 5s were already laying around at the plant and they decide to just stick that one in my truck! :p
I think mine will be the last 2021. Ordered January 5th and still waiting. I think they should make mine an honorary '22.

Users who are viewing this thread