5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Well, after much delay (two weeks) I was able to place an order today (May 14th). Everything I wanted, all options were available. The only thing is, it is now officially a 2022 model. They said all 2021 ordering- is now ended. So, orders going forward will be 2022s. They did not know of any specific changes with the 2022s (no new colors, changes in option packages, etc.) The order took all the same codes and descriptions as the 2021s. One big question mark, however, is price. They didn't have any specific info on that. Ugh $$$ They indicated a relatively normal ordering delay of about 4-6 weeks till delivery.
Better double that. I'm 5 weeks and they still don't have my parts ready to build yet. I honestly don't think they are going to build any 22's until July anyways

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hah - never even thought of the Titan’s when I chose the name.....I’m replacing a Nissan Titan with my first RAM.........& GB Packers all the way!
Almost went with a new Titan. This will be my first truck ever.
What made you switch?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after much delay (two weeks) I was able to place an order today (May 14th). Everything I wanted, all options were available. The only thing is, it is now officially a 2022 model. They said all 2021 ordering- is now ended. So, orders going forward will be 2022s. They did not know of any specific changes with the 2022s (no new colors, changes in option packages, etc.) The order took all the same codes and descriptions as the 2021s. One big question mark, however, is price. They didn't have any specific info on that. Ugh $$$ They indicated a relatively normal ordering delay of about 4-6 weeks till delivery.
So the 22s are really 2021.5s? Lol. Sucks to buy something so expensive and not have an idea of cost.
Were you able to lock in the current incentives for the 22 though??
And yeah, I don’t see them building 22s before all of the 21 orders have been made, unless those new one are made at a different plant?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first time to order a new truck and I'm sure it's the first time for a lot of people here as well. I looked for the past year and couldn't find exactly what I wanted. But how many people would order again? I was told 8-12 weeks when I ordered and 5 weeks in and they are still waiting for parts. I've seen two used Limiteds with low miles that I would have probably just settled for these past few weeks now.
These are highly unusual times. I have always been able to find the vehicle I wanted (or thought I wanted) on the lot or not too far away with a dealer trade. After this, though, I may simply order from now on. It is refreshing to get exactly what you want (though in hindsight I would have gotten ASG).

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Almost went with a new Titan. This will be my first truck ever.
What made you switch?
I have been a Nissan/Datsun fan forever & tracked the Titan from early design on & bought one of the first available in PNW in 2004. 189K later with zero issues - we bought a travel trailer so ordered a RAM ecodiesel. This is my first new “American” vehicle ever. The Japanese have just been so reliable. I really hope I haven’t made a mistake.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been a Nissan/Datsun fan forever & tracked the Titan from early design on & bought one of the first available in PNW in 2004. 189K later with zero issues - we bought a travel trailer so ordered a RAM ecodiesel. This is my first new “American” vehicle ever. The Japanese have just been so reliable. I really hope I haven’t made a mistake.
Yeah my “first” car was my dad’s Datsun 280Z before I got my Eclipse that was really MY first car, and I loved it. That 280Z is all front end and no back end. I remember being able to park that thing anywhere and I loved the stick shift.
Bought the wife a Pathfinder about 6 years ago and that SUV has been amazing to us. I liked the Titan and found one I was about to pull the trigger on but my buddy convinced me to at least just test drive the Ram before I bought anything. Really hoping it’s worth the wait because otherwise I’d have been in a new truck for two months already (and for a good but cheaper too)! Haha

Desert Snow

Reaction score
Moved to D1 today per dealer. Build/ship date 5/21. Hoping I take delivery mid-June. I was concerned with the chip shortage I may get pushed to a 2022 order cycle, so achieving D1 dials back the anxiety level.

wright0315

Reaction score
Ordered 4/8 and as of 5/14 it is in the shipping stage with an estimated time of arrival of 5/17-5/31. If that holds true, my time from order to receiving will be between 5.5 and 7.5 weeks! Hopefully everyone starts to progress this fast!

rsgard

Reaction score
Ordered 4/8 and as of 5/14 it is in the shipping stage with an estimated time of arrival of 5/17-5/31. If that holds true, my time from order to receiving will be between 5.5 and 7.5 weeks! Hopefully everyone starts to progress this fast!
considering that i ordered nearly the same truck as you i hope so

Reaction score
This is my first time to order a new truck and I'm sure it's the first time for a lot of people here as well. I looked for the past year and couldn't find exactly what I wanted. But how many people would order again? I was told 8-12 weeks when I ordered and 5 weeks in and they are still waiting for parts. I've seen two used Limiteds with low miles that I would have probably just settled for these past few weeks now.
I’ve literally thought the same, but when I found out I could get the Orange&Black to match my OkState Cowboys! Can’t find this color on the lots 👎

Lindyrig4

Reaction score
So what options are needing chips?
Blind spot monitoring is the big one. I got the parking sensors front and rear no problem but not the lights in the mirrors with the BSM. And feel lucky if you get 2 keys with your $50-90g truck

ben b

Reaction score
Hi Wright 0315,

My RAM reached shipping state on 5/14 also. I am hoping to take delivery in time for a trip in early June. How did you get your estimated arrival time. I haven't received an estimate from either dealer or RAM chat. Also, what region of the country are you in? (I am in Northern Cal.) -- Thanks

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Wow - that was fast & what a nice truck!

Users who are viewing this thread