5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

drm827

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple posts and I’m confused on the switch to the ‘22. Has anyone ordered a ‘22? I’ve read pricing isn’t available from other posts, but it also seems like the specs/packages aren’t super clear either. The truck should be delivered next week and I’m not sure I’m going to accept it. I’m trying to see what others have been told or experienced in getting a 22 yr model.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been a Nissan/Datsun fan forever & tracked the Titan from early design on & bought one of the first available in PNW in 2004. 189K later with zero issues - we bought a travel trailer so ordered a RAM ecodiesel. This is my first new “American” vehicle ever. The Japanese have just been so reliable. I really hope I haven’t made a mistake.
I've owned 6 Nissan/Datsun pickups and they have all been very reliable. This will also be my first new American made truck. I have been researching Ram and Ford trucks over the last couple of years and the reliability of those two brands has gone up pretty significantly in a short period of time. I'm really not concerned.

My current truck is a 2008 Tundra. I would probably get another one if Toyota updated their trucks every 5 or 6 years. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 60k on a 14 year old design. I briefly looked at the Nissan Titan but I just can't get past the looks of that truck. No matter what you do to it, it's just butt ugly...IMO.

Last edited:

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I've owned 6 Nissan/Datsun pickups and they have all been very reliable. This will also be my first new American made truck. I have been researching Ram and Ford trucks over the last couple of years and the reliability of those two brands has gone up pretty significantly in a short period of time. I'm really not concerned.

My current truck is a 2008 Tundra. I would probably get another one if Toyota updated their trucks every 5 or 6 years. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 60k on a 14 year old design. I briefly looked at the Nissan Titan but I just can't get past the looks of that truck, no matter what you do to it, it's just butt ugly...IMO.
I discounted Tundra for same reason and mileage - discounted Titan because of mileage & I remain unconvinced the brand will stick around

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure why Nissan can’t keep up with the competition. I had a 19’ pro 4x frontier and that thing was averaging 17 mpgs. Not good for such a small truck. The five speed transmission was very outdated. It did have some power in that v6 though. Even Toyota seems decades ahead of the Nissan. Kia and Hyundai even surpassed them

lkjk

Reaction score
I just picked my Laramie, southwest edition, level 2 (B), with trailer tow/BUG/Protection....I think that's all the relevant stuff. It has the tuffy console safe in it. Didn't see anything on the build sheet or the sticker. Anyone else get that "mistake" or was it supposed to be in there? I got 2 fobs also, picked it up yesterday.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
The Nissan brand? Why do you think it's going away, it's been around for 40+ish years?
They are behind everyone - their Infiniti line has nothing worth mentioning (have had two) and the EV program has remained an also ran. They have been on the market for awhile but no buyers

h4zegrey

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple posts and I’m confused on the switch to the ‘22. Has anyone ordered a ‘22? I’ve read pricing isn’t available from other posts, but it also seems like the specs/packages aren’t super clear either. The truck should be delivered next week and I’m not sure I’m going to accept it. I’m trying to see what others have been told or experienced in getting a 22 yr model.
When the dealer called yesterday, all he could do was show option packages. No pricing. Some sort of anniversary package but he couldn't see what was in it. Also, there were a couple of small items that were grayed out, so he has no way of knowing if those items were part of the trim or other packages now. Too much gray area for me, more info supposedly on the 20th.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked my Laramie, southwest edition, level 2 (B), with trailer tow/BUG/Protection....I think that's all the relevant stuff. It has the tuffy console safe in it. Didn't see anything on the build sheet or the sticker. Anyone else get that "mistake" or was it supposed to be in there? I got 2 fobs also, picked it up yesterday.
I think the safe is part of the SW package.

sflindsey

Reaction score
My March 18th order, I was told a week ago by Mark Dodge that ‘build date’ was May 14th. My build sheet showed up today. Good deal. I’m hoping for a mid-June delivery. We’ll see!
Good to hear! My order date was a week later than yours. Aaron told me that my "ship date" was May 19th (which he said has been more like the build start date). Looking forward to my fly and drive....

wright0315

Reaction score
Hi Wright 0315,

My RAM reached shipping state on 5/14 also. I am hoping to take delivery in time for a trip in early June. How did you get your estimated arrival time. I haven't received an estimate from either dealer or RAM chat. Also, what region of the country are you in? (I am in Northern Cal.) -- Thanks

Ram chat and my dealer were both able to give me the estimated arrival window surprisingly. I am in Western PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemidakota

Reaction score
is it helping?
They did tell me today that they try to get everyone's order done in 8-10 weeks. I'm just growing antsy. I waited an entire year for 5 Form 4's to be approved and for some reason I can't seem to get past the fact that they are still waiting on parts 5 weeks later.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They did tell me today that they try to get everyone's order done in 8-10 weeks. I'm just growing antsy. I waited an entire year for 5 Form 4's to be approved and for some reason I can't seem to get past the fact that they are still waiting on parts 5 weeks later.
Sounds like then it takes 2-3 weeks for shipping and that’s my wait time.
May guess is that it’s not 5 weeks to gather your parts but until everyone else is through and it’s your turn to get in on the production line.
but what are form 4s?

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Sounds like then it takes 2-3 weeks for shipping and that’s my wait time.
May guess is that it’s not 5 weeks to gather your parts but until everyone else is through and it’s your turn to get in on the production line.
but what are form 4s?
Suppressor's

TractorM

Reaction score
Ordered 3.5.21. Dealer said that assembly plant is adding my door skins.

Users who are viewing this thread