5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I’m in ny and my buddy bought in ky and he drove him with temps

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
My build is very similar to yours with all the safety crap. I am now sorry i chose all that since the chip shortage. That is going to delay the build. Three weeks and waiting on parts. Athough at least i got to order them, they are now not taking orders with those options!
I’m not sorry I ordered every safety option - the older I get the more I realize my driving skills have either always been poor or are deteriorating and I keep my trucks 15 or more years. Furthermore - thanks to this site, it appears I will be easily able to add adaptive cruise to my Big Horn because of the options I’ve chosen. Just hope the truck arrives within next 60 days!

space4092

Reaction score
I think I"d rather wait a little longer than have someone dead tired putting my truck together.
7 days working then 7 days off is not that bad. I work oil refinery and on regular days I work 3 on 3 off, 12 hours rotating days/nights. When we are on maintenance we work 6 days on 1 day off for up to 6 weeks. I am sure they won't run like that forever, but I could see the same happening here if we had a bunch of covid-19 cases. We luckily have none in our department.

space4092

Reaction score
I’m not sorry I ordered every safety option - the older I get the more I realize my driving skills have either always been poor or are deteriorating and I keep my trucks 15 or more years. Furthermore - thanks to this site, it appears I will be easily able to add adaptive cruise to my Big Horn because of the options I’ve chosen. Just hope the truck arrives within next 60 days!
I really enjoy the adaptive cruise control on my 8 1/2 hour drive up north to my camp, almost like autopilot ;).

JBV

Reaction score
i wonder if you can make a running change to an existing factory order. i think my order is at the 'approved' stage. no VIN yet as of last week.

Nova90

Reaction score
i wonder if you can make a running change to an existing factory order. i think my order is at the 'approved' stage. no VIN yet as of last week.
People have mentioned making changes after the initial order. I am sure at some point that window closes.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I was able to make two changes a week or two after I ordered.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will also need to do you states registration, inspections and as mentioned pay tax on it in your state. The dealer can take care of the taxes to you state. And as for the others u have so may days to take care of the rest. So do let them charge u for thier states inspection. Their temporary registration you will need to get home. Your insurance will cover you until u have a chance to get home call them. But why wait while u are waiting on the dealer call with your vin and be done with it. U will have to up date your registration when you get one from your state

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. I'm also in NC (near Winston-Salem). I went with Phillip Olson out in Seattle. (Aaraon was great to deal with, but Phillip beat his numbers by greater than the cost of shipping/driving.)

Between shipping or fly and drive, I chose to fly and drive. Get to know your truck. ;) New Orleans to NC isn't that far, and you've got some great spots to detour to along the way and have some relaxation and fun.
I’m with you! I plan to do a one-way rental from Columbia,SC to Lake Charles,LA and drive the truck back. $80 for the rental and a couple night’s hotel will still be cheaper than shipping. Now the alcohol tabs I run up in New Orleans, that may be another story!

Chuck19

Reaction score
I made one a month after I ordered. As long as they are still “gathering parts” you are good to make changes

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1) What changes was everyone making?
2) Was there an extra charge to make changes or was it just the price difference?
Oh and most importantly, does making a change restart your wait (especially with the shortages, I don’t want to get pushed back in line and lose features)???

If anything I’d upgrade my gear ratio from 3.21 to 3.92 on the off chance that I’d ever need it. Before I ordered I read that the 3.21 saves MPG but after additional reading it seems that the MPG savings are basically negligible.

4) Is it possible to change gear ratios on a 4x4 after market? I’m assuming that answer is yes, but how much of a cost is it for a mechanic to do that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/