5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

space4092

Reaction score
Man, I feel bad for you Canadians. That long of a wait is ridiculous! ☹️
Yeah, it sucks. If I would have known that it would take this long, I would have found one somewhere in Canada on a lot. I was told when I ordered 8-10 weeks, which I was ok with. But this is slowly getting ridiculous. I have a trip planned on May 14 up north and that trip is not possible without a truck :(. I emailed the dealership today to inquire about any possible updates, D1 since April 16 seems long to me.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Ramchat today told me my truck is in transit to dealership and is expected 4-26 to 5-10. Seems like a huge window.

Any experience with shipping from MI to LA - Mark Dodge?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 2/15 and shipped late last week with an ETA to dealer of 5/4 - 5/18 as told by RAM chat. Wish the tracking was more precise so I can schedule the trucks PPF on collection day, but dealer contact says 5/10 arrival so hoping he is more accurate (would be 12 weeks exactly from order to delivery). So close I can smell the brand new leather! Pricing randomly went up on my window sticker but hoping the dealer can correct/balance it out. Randomly the base price went up for a '21 RAM Rebel crew cab 5'7" bed 4x4 and the V8 went up $500 on the sticker...crazy! I feel the build went faster after being stuck in D status (parts are being gathered and then will be scheduled for production) for over 45 days and then the RAM chat agent helped to escalate the delay to 'prioritize the build'. I'm located on the coast of South Carolina.
Did you put a deposit down when you put in your order? If so they should honner the the first build price. If the cost of building products goes up the desler eats the cost. They told me if i did put a deposit down and the cost of steal goes up i an lock in and i dont see the increase. I did put a deposit down of $50. I have put more down on a car before. If u put a deposit down how can they change the deal afterwards? Unless they informed you beforehand. I hope it works out for you.

L2R512

Reaction score
Ordered 2/15 and shipped late last week with an ETA to dealer of 5/4 - 5/18 as told by RAM chat. Wish the tracking was more precise so I can schedule the trucks PPF on collection day, but dealer contact says 5/10 arrival so hoping he is more accurate (would be 12 weeks exactly from order to delivery). So close I can smell the brand new leather! Pricing randomly went up on my window sticker but hoping the dealer can correct/balance it out. Randomly the base price went up for a '21 RAM Rebel crew cab 5'7" bed 4x4 and the V8 went up $500 on the sticker...crazy! I feel the build went faster after being stuck in D status (parts are being gathered and then will be scheduled for production) for over 45 days and then the RAM chat agent helped to escalate the delay to 'prioritize the build'. I'm located on the coast of South Carolina.

Same happened with my sticker - but it wasn’t an issue. Your dealer should honor the price you agreed to. Great post from Silent Bob here about that in case you need it:

space4092

Reaction score
Did you put a deposit down when you put in your order? If so they should honner the the first build price. If the cost of building products goes up the desler eats the cost. They told me if i did put a deposit down and the cost of steal goes up i an lock in and i dont see the increase. I did put a deposit down of $50. I have put more down on a car before. If u put a deposit down how can they change the deal afterwards? Unless they informed you beforehand. I hope it works out for you.
No deposit, but I did buy my previous car from the same dealership as well. Price and deals are locked in at the time of the order and if better deals come along, I would get the better deal as well.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the trending/average wait time (weeks) for Limiteds from order/VIN date to build sheet to window sticker to shipping to touch date?
From what I’ve seen on here so far is lower trims get built/delivered quicker and builds (higher tiered or those that require chips) are currently estimated at 12-13 weeks but I didn’t know if anyone was tracking the average limited trim progress.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the trending/average wait time (weeks) for Limiteds from order/VIN date to build sheet to window sticker to shipping to touch date?
From what I’ve seen on here so far is lower trims get built/delivered quicker and builds (higher tiered or those that require chips) are currently estimated at 12-13 weeks but I didn’t know if anyone was tracking the average limited trim progress.
You are right in the ballpark. I am seeing 10-14weeks for upper trim levels (including me) 😭

wright0315

Reaction score
Same happened with my sticker - but it wasn’t an issue. Your dealer should honor the price you agreed to. Great post from Silent Bob here about that in case you need it:

My dealer has insisted to me that I can’t lock in the 0% interest until the vehicle ships. Has something changed since this post, or are they just unaware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgreene

Reaction score
You got it... dealer best place to get current status, but most of us bug the $hi7 out of Ram Chat and compare notes. Ram Chat or dealer can tell you plant, but most of us (1500’s) coming out of Stallantis.
New body Rams are built in Sterling Heights, MI
Classics are Warren, MI
HD are Saltillo, Mexico

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can definitely lock in zero percent. That would have been a dealbreaker for me. They have to just run your credit and take a depost

Limited2021

Reaction score

I ordered my limited on 2-16-21 and today makes 10 weeks so far. Talked to the dealer yesterday and he said my truck was in framing. So if my time line is like others here I am guessing another week before it is shipped out if everything goes right. Not sure how long of a train ride it will have after that but once it gets to Council Bluffs Iowa it can sit up to 2 weeks in there lot waiting for a transport before my dealer can fill out paper work and send someone to get it.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my limited on 2-16-21 and today makes 10 weeks so far. Talked to the dealer yesterday and he said my truck was in framing. So if my time line is like others here I am guessing another week before it is shipped out if everything goes right. Not sure how long of a train ride it will have after that but once it gets to Council Bluffs Iowa it can sit up to 2 weeks in there lot waiting for a transport before my dealer can fill out paper work and send someone to get it.
So the delivery trucks don’t take them all the way to the dealers? There’s a “central hub” and all the dealers in an area have to go grab them from there?

GTLimited

Reaction score
Have you checked with Ram Chat as well?

For me, my window sticker showed up on Sat, and Ram Chat has stated that my truck is awaiting shipping. When I asked my dealer, he said it was in D1. I'm not sure who to believe, but the fact the window sticker is there leads me to believe the former.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer has insisted to me that I can’t lock in the 0% interest until the vehicle ships. Has something changed since this post, or are they just unaware?

My dealer said the same about the 0% could not be locked in unless that promotion was still going on when i received the truck. i have a feeling they will extend the 0% along with the other incentives. So if any did finance they truck at 0% please tell me how they did this! thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limited2021

Reaction score
Have you checked with Ram Chat as well?

For me, my window sticker showed up on Sat, and Ram Chat has stated that my truck is awaiting shipping. When I asked my dealer, he said it was in D1. I'm not sure who to believe, but the fact the window sticker is there leads me to believe the former.

Yes I check with ram chat almost every other day. They told me that it was still waiting to be built and in D1 status so I believe what the dealer is telling me that its in framing or was any way. I believe the dealers have more details than what ram chat can give from what I understand.

So the delivery trucks don’t take them all the way to the dealers? There’s a “central hub” and all the dealers in an area have to go grab them from there?

I would guess that it would depend on what part of the country you live in as to whether your truck leaves the plant on a truck or by train. From what I understand when they go by train they go to an offload sight or central hub so to speak. Then Ram lines up the trucks to go out to dealerships. So if you have a couple of dealerships that are in the relatively same area they will load up all the vehicle for them to make a full truck to deliver to each dealership. If your dealership is not near any others and does not have a full truck they will wait till its full to send it. This is when trucks can sit for a long time waiting in the lot. They can only file papers to get your truck out for certain reasons. What they all are I do not know but in my case since it is a sold truck and not just for inventory they can get it out. The truck has to sit in the lot for 2 weeks before they can do this thou. They also only have I believe 48 hours to go get it once the paperwork has been approved as well.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am at 7 weeks today and still in D status. Ram chat did escalate this morning but I seriously doubt it will speed up production of my truck. At time of order I was told 8 to 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/