5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Kovy23

Reaction score
Dealer will be much more reliable. Ramchat said mine was in build stage, same day checked with dealer and he said it's being loaded on the railcar. Don't always trust them bottom line

L2R512

Reaction score
Thanks, this info helps a lot, and yes, adding to your signature is great, thank you.

I haven't been checking in daily because i just came over here and discovered ramchat today, where they said my status had "changed recently" from the "ready to build" (assume that was "D") I got from the dealer April 12 to "parts received (assume "D1") i got from RamChat today.

When you say you checked in daily after D1 - was that with Carl or RamChat? Space4092 seems to say must be with the dealer cause RamChat won't give you the specific details?

And sounds like it was 20 days from D1 to window sticker for you? good luck finishing it out soon!

For the most part, Carl has reached out with any real relevant updates in the build and shipping process - but if RamChat wasn't available, I definitely wouldn't have done a daily check with the dealer. I probably would have just waited until the truck showed up - I've been waiting a while to order it anyway :ROFLMAO:

RamChat won't give you the actual status codes, but you can pretty much figure them out by looking here:

space4092

Reaction score
I got the updates from both RamChat and my salesman, Carl. After I got the POC/VIN, I checked in with RamChat about 1x per week. Then, once it moved from D gathering parts to D1 all parts received and being scheduled, I got an email from Carl. After that I checked in daily - mostly so that I could get a timeline about the build process. I wanted to see exactly how long it spent in D1 before the build started, and then in the other stages, too. I thought adding that info in my signature might give everyone another reference point for how long these builds take. No two are the same though.

When did you get the “parts received” info?
Thanks very helpful to have a timeline going into D1!!

jgreene

Reaction score
Seems not bad, except for I status = Built not Ok'd, or in other words they damaged something in process and need to fix it.

I'm in Calgary, ordered 3/10, D status 3/25, no change since. Dealer said they will advise when VIN is populated or D1, but check back end of April regardless. Anticipating I won't see my truck until June/July. Meanwhile my 4th gen just started leaking around the water pump (porous aluminum vs. gasket) meaning I just lost $2k in value waiting.😭
I got a VIN when I went into D status...I am in SK

Limited2021

Reaction score
So I checked with Ram Chat again today to see if anything had changed from Scheduled to be built and it had not. I did find out that the report that ram chat uses has an "last updated" date on it and the last time my report was updated was 4/9/21 This is also the date that my truck went from D to D1 from what I can tell. Not sure if this helps anyone else out but maybe when you talk to ram chat you can ask when the last time there report was updated.

ManBearPigNJ

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten the RAM Chat response that the vehicle is built but awaiting additional equipment? Curious if this means I am past the chip shortage issue or if they're building them w/o certain stuff and parking until the rest of the parts come in.

Ordered late Feb and this was the first time I've used RAM Chat. Longhorn Limited etorqe V8 with every option except off road, cold weather, and air suspension.

Limited2021

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten the RAM Chat response that the vehicle is built but awaiting additional equipment? Curious if this means I am past the chip shortage issue or if they're building them w/o certain stuff and parking until the rest of the parts come in.

Ordered late Feb and this was the first time I've used RAM Chat. Longhorn Limited etorqe V8 with every option except off road, cold weather, and air suspension.

I believe this is when it is sent out to get stuff like your spray in bed liners and stuff like that added.

GTLimited

Reaction score
Update and reminder for those tracking.

I forgot about this, but I input my VIN into https://cryptostickers.net/default a while back and forgot about it .... just got an email that said my VIN tracking info changed - I now have a build sheet!

I checked in 2 days ago, and it still was in the "all parts are gathered and entering build process shortly..." so I supposed that means it's entered build?

*Edit/Update* RamChat states "vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment" so off to BUG and steps installed I guess.

My order date is 2/23 so just over 8 weeks.

Last edited:

space4092

Reaction score
Update and reminder for those tracking.

I forgot about this, but I input my VIN into https://cryptostickers.net/default a while back and forgot about it .... just got an email that said my VIN tracking info changed - I now have a build sheet!

I checked in 2 days ago, and it still was in the "all parts are gathered and entering build process shortly..." so I supposed that means it's entered build?

*Edit/Update* RamChat states "vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment" so off to BUG and steps installed I guess.

My order date is 2/23 so just over 8 weeks.
that's awesome, an automatic reminder when the build sheet comes up!!!

GTLimited

Reaction score
I tried your link, CRYPTOSTICKERS to check on my VIN, but it asks for a Nickname. Anyone know what that means?

I think it's just a name to tag it ... it can be completely random and not used for login info ... your email and VIN's the only 2 to get right.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From

I got an email that window sticker was found but when I click on the link "Sorry, a windows sticker is unavailable for this VIN".

Anyone else has this?

View attachment 90736

Not sure but it would certainly be strange to get the window sticker prior to the build sheet. Seems strange that you haven't gotten the build sheet yet though if your truck is in production.

Users who are viewing this thread