5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

foolishpride

Reaction score
Just talked with Ram Chat. Here is my 2/20 Laramie Build Status:

The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin.

Not sure if this qualifies as D status or what. Last week, they were still scheduling parts. Ram Chat did not mention anything about escalating the build due to being past 45 days since my order.

Last edited:

fun2bme

Reaction score
Does your dealer have any info? Is that who gave you the 8-12? RamChat has given me nothing on expected timelines. Just that you “can be in my current stage for 30 days or more”. They don’t use the word status at all.
Dealer has said it's the chip shortages that are causing the delays. Nothing more. Dealer said 7-9 wks, RamChat said 8-12 and RamChat gave me the 5/17 expected build start. They don't say D status, but the language is the same as everyone else has noted...scheduling parts blah blah blah.

L2R512

Reaction score
Just talked with Ram Chat. Here is my 2/20 Laramie Build Status:

The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means all parts are gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin.

Not sure if this qualifies as D status or what. Last week, they were still scheduling parts. Ram Chat did not mention anything about escalating the build due to being past 45 days since my order.
That sounds like D1 to me. I got that same message for about 2 weeks - but they said it could be up to 30 days. Then, yesterday they said about to start assembly and today RamChat said it's in Paint. I ordered on 2/12 so hopefully yours will be moving through there soon.

L2R512

Reaction score
I got my POC from the dealer and it's showing Sales Code GXZ - One Key Fob. I think I read previously that it comes with two, but given shortages we'll only get one now but can get the other from a dealer for free later? Can someone clarify if that's right?
The first I heard about this was from a post on here - and it mentioned that they're sending out the second fobs later, but who knows. Probably best to get the dealer to clarify that for you.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like D1 to me. I got that same message for about 2 weeks - but they said it could be up to 30 days. Then, yesterday they said about to start assembly and today RamChat said it's in Paint. I ordered on 2/12 so hopefully yours will be moving through there soon.
It’s D status. That’s one of the two lines they use interchangeable for D status. The ordering dealership can give you the actual status. These wait times have been pretty normal for 2021 orders. Even now, some are ready to ship in four weeks while others take months. I’m at 5 weeks and if I haven’t seen any movement by 8, I’ll likely cancel and wait to order a 2022. We also have to consider what this shortage will do to prices. I’ve negotiated an excellent deal and hate to lose it. Hopefully we’ll still see price breaks from a few of these high volume dealerships but I wouldn’t be surprised if they start to disappear

Pwii4

Reaction score
I ordered my limited 3/22. My prediction for receiving it is now like July 4thish. What do you think?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I contacted my Phillip Olson (Bud Clary in Seattle: got an amazing price) about my February 17th order.

He explained the chip shortage, and noted some orders cancelled. (I'm not sure if that's the buyer cancelling or Ram?) However, he showed me a status that mine is scheduled to be shipped on April 17th...precisely 2 months from ordering date. (Phillip was clear that the ship date is NOT a promise. ;) )

For planning purposes, I'll give it two more weeks after to that for shipping. That means it should be ready to be picked up by May 1st. Give it a week or two of cushion and I should be able to get it by mid-May.

That'd be about 3 months from order.

Every20years

Reaction score
It’s D status. That’s one of the two lines they use interchangeable for D status. The ordering dealership can give you the actual status. These wait times have been pretty normal for 2021 orders. Even now, some are ready to ship in four weeks while others take months. I’m at 5 weeks and if I haven’t seen any movement by 8, I’ll likely cancel and wait to order a 2022. We also have to consider what this shortage will do to prices. I’ve negotiated an excellent deal and hate to lose it. Hopefully we’ll still see price breaks from a few of these high volume dealerships but I wouldn’t be surprised if they start to disappear
Saw an article today that the Intel CEO said the shortage will likely persist through 2022 and while they will be able to help the auto industry real relief is 6-9 months away. My bet is that means it will simply be a 12 week wait from they time they allow orders of 2022s for the vehicles that will even have the advanced chips.

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
I somehow managed to catch a favorable wind. My build has gone like this so far:

3/2 Ordered
3/23 D1
3/31 Frame
4/1 Trim
4/2 In shipping process. Buildsheet available.
4/2 I am showing your vehicle is currently in the shipping process, the current ETA for delivery to the selling dealership is 04/07/2021 - 04/21/2021 (RamChat same status reported on 4/12)
4/3 Window Sticker
4/7 KZM Shipped – First Rail Departure
4/7 (or possibly 4/8) First Rail Arrival - Winston-Salem, NC
Currently awaiting truck transport to dealer, probably no more updates until it arrives

Kovy23

Reaction score
After checking every day for a week or so, I finally have the window sticker. Only took about 4 weeks to get here. Odd to see so many of you guys far behind. Or maybe I'm the odd one here lol

Every20years

Reaction score
seems the Big Horn trim moves pretty quick. Those of us with unicorn builds with Limited builds with the Blind Spot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert are probably going to be in a long waiting game.

RCJeff

Reaction score
I feel like the kid who spent 3 years in the 10th grade and watched friends come and go, lol!
Been waiting patiently since ordering on 12/29/2020.
I am fortunate in that I have not been affected by any computer chip shortages, etc and will be getting what I ordered.
Also, I am in no big hurry for my build as it has been a part of my retirement/travel dreams for the past year, not needed for work, and don't expect my truck camper to be built until Sept/Oct of this year.
Still excited for its arrival, and hoping the stated delivery will be as said, between now and April 22nd!
See ya down the road.

bazz

Reaction score
Exactly. I ordered every option available on the Limited. I feel like i have a long road ahead of me waiting wise.
Yeah my Rebel has most every option except the split tailgate. Ordered in early March thinking I'd have it well before June when my vacation is planned... now, I'm starting to get concerned based upon the wait times others have been reporting.

GTLimited

Reaction score
Exactly. I ordered every option available on the Limited. I feel like i have a long road ahead of me waiting wise.
seems the Big Horn trim moves pretty quick. Those of us with unicorn builds with Limited builds with the Blind Spot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert are probably going to be in a long waiting game.
Caveat being the Blind Spot and X-Path package. I ordered my Big Horn with that and is certainly not moving along like the other BH builds without them like @ClinchMountainRam and @Kovy23 's...

I moved to D1 just after Week 6 and at Week 7's end, I'm sitting at D1 for a week thus far. Ordered 2/23.

That said, with my plans to tow and most likely put a truck cap with solid sides, I'll gladly wait as the package is almost a must have.

JBV

Reaction score
i asked the dealer today for a status update (ordered a couple weeks ago) and they said that Ram was 'reviewing the truck for approval to build'. heck, didn't i give them approval when i signed on the dotted line? i don't even know what reviewing for approval means!

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
i asked the dealer today for a status update (ordered a couple weeks ago) and they said that Ram was 'reviewing the truck for approval to build'. heck, didn't i give them approval when i signed on the dotted line? i don't even know what reviewing for approval means!
Sounds like they are waiting for approval from Ram that the parts necessary are available and dealer has allocation for them.

Users who are viewing this thread