5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted this on another 2021 order thread...
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.

Ramchat online? How do you do this?

(I've sent Ram Customer Care an email...but I did not see an option for an online chat.)

Thanks,

Ken (waiting for only 6 weeks, so still very early in the gestation period)

L2R512

Reaction score
Posted this on another 2021 order thread...
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.
I'm in the exact same boat - D status since I ordered. Just escalated it yesterday too. Waiting to see if that email shares any more info than the cut and paste responses that the chat gives us.

L2R512

Reaction score
Ramchat online? How do you do this?

(I've sent Ram Customer Care an email...but I did not see an option for an online chat.)

Thanks,

Ken (waiting for only 6 weeks, so still very early in the gestation period)
Here's the link where I find the chat button.

MassDiesel

Reaction score
Is anyone getting codes from anywhere but their dealer? I haven't been able to get a code from RamChat, but dealer finally gave me a "D".

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone getting codes from anywhere but their dealer? I haven't been able to get a code from RamChat, but dealer finally gave me a "D".

They don't use codes anymore but this is what they would be if they did

Classic FCA Build codes below, some may not be in effect for us.

Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned

Build:
E – Framing
F – Paint
G – Trim

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Once you're truck ships and you get an ETA do you all continue to contact RamChat to get updates on where it's at? Just curious if it's worth continuing to bug RamChat to monitor the shipping. Are they able to tell you the last city it was in, etc? Or do you just wait for the dealer to get a hold of you after RamChat has given you an ETA?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once you're truck ships and you get an ETA do you all continue to contact RamChat to get updates on where it's at? Just curious if it's worth continuing to bug RamChat to monitor the shipping. Are they able to tell you the last city it was in, etc? Or do you just wait for the dealer to get a hold of you after RamChat has given you an ETA?

Once it gets on a transport truck or rail car the only information they have is the estimated ETA. Now if it gets delayed (like I did) they will be able to tell you the new eta but nothing more. The dealer would have the best information on that on where it might be at.

Will_T

Reaction score
They don't use codes anymore

I think that they do use them and that the chat folks have maybe just been told to not give them out any longer? A couple of times the chat agent did give me the status code, maybe by mistake. Other agents told me when I asked that they don't provide them any more. Also your dealer can tell you the status code at any given time so they are used, just withheld on the chat site.

Yangster

Reaction score
HALLELUJAH!!! My truck came in. Was worried about losing the March Truck Month Incentives. Jason and Aaron came through saying we can sign docs electronically using Docusign. March Incentives Saved! Going to pick this up on Good Friday!

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Truck3.jpg
    Truck3.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
When I went by my dealer last week, he gave me a printout that had my build in D1 with an estimated ship date of 3/31 (today). Checked in with RamChat after lunch, had just asked for status and gave them my VIN when we were disconnected. When I checked my email a few minutes ago, I had received this:

Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.

Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase!

A apologized that we were disconnected.

I have checked the status of your vehicle and it is showing that your order is in the showing that your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Have a great day.

I'm in frame stage! Things are going to start happening to me now! (Steve Martin in The Jerk)

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went by my dealer last week, he gave me a printout that had my build in D1 with an estimated ship date of 3/31 (today). Checked in with RamChat after lunch, had just asked for status and gave them my VIN when we were disconnected. When I checked my email a few minutes ago, I had received this:

Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.

Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase!

A apologized that we were disconnected.

I have checked the status of your vehicle and it is showing that your order is in the showing that your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Have a great day.

I'm in frame stage! Things are going to start happening to me now! (Steve Martin in The Jerk)
My guess: about 2 1/2 weeks for pickup.

You offering an over/under? ;)

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
My guess: about 2 1/2 weeks for pickup.

You offering an over/under? ;)
The only under I care about is April 30th or before - I've got a $1000 incentive email that expires then. Hopefully April incentives will be good. I'd be great with 2 1/2 weeks. It has to travel to my dealer in Big Stone Gap, VA (in the Bristol TN/VA vicinity).

DevinB

Reaction score
JB for me. Wonder what's done at the 'Vendor' for a Limited? Bedliner? Exterior details?
Now shipped and invoiced; arrived via rail at a holding facility 6 hours from the dealership on 3/29. Was told another 2 weeks at least to get it on a truck to the dealership. Tracking toward a 10 to 12 week total time.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Latest update...the truck has left the shipping yard. What that means I do not know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread