5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe how fast some of you are getting your trucks built I ordered my 2/16/21 and this it the last update I got from Ram Chat.
3/25/21 Eileen Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your Ram order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build your Ram are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Some go fast and some go slow. Mine took over a month to start building. It depends on the parts/options you have and where you can fall into line on sequencing to build.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So here's the progress on my 2021 Ram Limited build since 3/9. I'm not so sure the difference in Scheduling vs. Pre-production. The description sounds very similar to me.
  • 3/09/2021 – Order placed, received VON: 48544962
  • 3/10/2021 – Mark Dodge provided VIN: 1C6SRFHT0MN707762
  • 3/23/2021 – Jacklyn - I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
  • 3/30/2021 – Mathew - The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means it's waiting for all parts to be gathered so that it can move into the build process.
I feel like your last two bullets are D.... Nothing that alludes to D1... I'm in the same boat. 😢

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like your last two bullets are D.... Nothing that alludes to D1... I'm in the same boat. 😢
I wouldn't disagree. I'm wondering if scheduling and pre-production are the same, as the descriptions sounds very similar. I'm expecting around 8 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner :)

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
Posted this on another 2021 order thread...
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.

Every20years

Reaction score
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.
I've been having the same concerns about my order. I emailed the dealer today. Only been three weeks but I've been looking at timelines like yours and they seem to be on the Rebels and Limited with the Advanced Safety Group. Dealer says "it has a VIN so it should be fairly soon, even with the chip shortage. I'm still in D status. I'll worry less when I get a build date. My concern is if the build does get delayed and I wait too long there won't be any thing in dealer stock to choose from that is even close to what I want. Deep breaths. It will come. Sold my 2002 Dakota yesterday for $3500 so without a truck now till it shows up.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a few days after you on 3/8 and I'm also still in 'D' status

I ordered between both of you, 3/6 and also in D as of last week when I checked. Will probably check again next week sometime.

Limited2021

Reaction score

I feel your pain... Wonder if I should escalate my order as well? I didn't know you could do that. I'm betting that it will be another 3 weeks minimum before I see any movement on this. I ordered the limited and my dealer said they ordered several trucks at the same time as mine and all of those are being built right now. They were not Limited's thou.

Users who are viewing this thread