5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone open a case with Ram to figure out why the hell a vehicle is sitting at a railyard almost to destination for almost 2 weeks not and then then ETA changes to give it another 2 weeks? If so, do you have a phone number to call?

Just got update from dealer that I've been delayed the last transport (Orig 3/24-4/5) now 3/30-3/9. Ugh!

Last edited:

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
Ok just did the Ram Chat and got the same answer as last week all parts for build on hand? They would not give me a status code like "D"
Dealer told me that 4/6/21 ship date. I ordered the truck 3/6/21 had VIN and VON on 3/7/21.
We ordered a 1500 Crew cab Laramie, sport, 2x4, 5.7 e-torq, 6-4 bed in olive green.
Looks like I'm just a few days ahead of you, I ordered Tuesday 3/2 and you ordered Saturday 3/6. Last Tuesday I checked in with dealer and he gave me a printout showing a status code of D1 and an estimated ship date of 3/31. Nothing had changed as of last Friday when I called dealer to check. My 3/31 ship date and your 4/6 ship date are consistent with when we ordered. Maybe if something happens with mine this week it will be a good sign for you next week.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Looks like I'm just a few days ahead of you, I ordered Tuesday 3/2 and you ordered Saturday 3/6. Last Tuesday I checked in with dealer and he gave me a printout showing a status code of D1 and an estimated ship date of 3/31. Nothing had changed as of last Friday when I called dealer to check. My 3/31 ship date and your 4/6 ship date are consistent with when we ordered. Maybe if something happens with mine this week it will be a good sign for you next week.
You guys seem to be very lucky, I ordered 3-4 and was just told I'm still in D status and should check back in 2 to 3 weeks.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
What day did you go to D1 status, or did you not track that closely? Trying to gauge my pretty plain jane order of 3/10 that has been in D status for a little over a week now.

Ryan9

Reaction score
I checked today and it appears I am still in scheduling “about to enter assembly.” Which I am interpreting as D still. Ordered 3/12 so I’ll be curious to see when those of us who ordered around that time hit the line.

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
You guys seem to be very lucky, I ordered 3-4 and was just told I'm still in D status and should check back in 2 to 3 weeks.
To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical that this projection will hold up. Should have a better idea by the end of the week though.
What day did you go to D1 status, or did you not track that closely? Trying to gauge my pretty plain jane order of 3/10 that has been in D status for a little over a week now.
Unfortunately, I didn't track it that closely in the beginning. The first time I did RamChat was 3/18 and was told materials were gathered should enter build process soon. That's still what they're telling me, even when I checked today. The first time I actually got a status code (D1) was 3/23 when I went by my dealership. Good luck with your build.

McHouck

Reaction score
Still in D status. Ordered 3/12. Arrgghhh!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I'm right there with you! Per Aaron, in Transit in Homer, IL Due to the dealer ~ April 15th...
Barring Delays, I'll go out the following Saturday to Pick it up!
Nice. 4/5-4/19 is a pretty big window for mine. Obviously hoping for earlier. Then still have to schedule shipping to Phoenix since the boss says she rather pay for shipping than make that drive.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Anyone in this thread a Michigan buyer? I'm curious about shipping from the factory. My dealer is 70 miles from the Sterling Heights plant. I'm assuming they get shipped via truck straight from the plant, never put on a train. Hoping that will help my overall time.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone in this thread a Michigan buyer? I'm curious about shipping from the factory. My dealer is 70 miles from the Sterling Heights plant. I'm assuming they get shipped via truck straight from the plant, never put on a train. Hoping that will help my overall time.

Yes yours would go transport truck.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here's the progress on my 2021 Ram Limited build since 3/9. I'm not so sure the difference in Scheduling vs. Pre-production. The description sounds very similar to me.
  • 3/09/2021 – Order placed, received VON: 48544962
  • 3/10/2021 – Mark Dodge provided VIN: 1C6SRFHT0MN707762
  • 3/23/2021 – Jacklyn - I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
  • 3/30/2021 – Mathew - The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means it's waiting for all parts to be gathered so that it can move into the build process.

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So here's the progress on my 2021 Ram Limited build since 3/9. I'm not so sure the difference in Scheduling vs. Pre-production. The description sound very similar to me.
  • 3/09/2021 – Order placed, received VON: 48544962
  • 3/10/2021 – Mark Dodge provided VIN: 1C6SRFHT0MN707762
  • 3/23/2021 – Jacklyn - I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.
  • 3/30/2021 – Mathew - The Ram is in the pre-production stage which means it's waiting for all parts to be gathered so that it can move into the build process.

Ya your pretty much just wanting to get rotated in and start building.

Limited2021

Reaction score
I can't believe how fast some of you are getting your trucks built I ordered my 2/16/21 and this it the last update I got from Ram Chat.
3/25/21 Eileen Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your Ram order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build your Ram are being scheduled and as soon as they are available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
So Scheduling phase is "D" status I believe, does that mean Pre Production is D1 or Is this a in between stage? I was also told by ram chat my 3-4 Order is in pre production.

Users who are viewing this thread