5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

21bighorn

Reaction score
It just makes WANT to know why some builds are taking 4-5,6 months and others are boom done AND delivered in 6-8 weeks??? It just blows my mind as to the no rhyme or reason why (minus chip shortage). I did not choose the fancy blind spot option or anything in the super high tech department and it’s 3 1/2 months to shipping. I am just super curious to know why is all. Sorry for the rant but every time I see an 8 week delivery it just makes me want someone to tell me wtf, ya know?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It just makes WANT to know why some builds are taking 4-5,6 months and others are boom done AND delivered in 6-8 weeks??? It just blows my mind as to the no rhyme or reason why (minus chip shortage). I did not choose the fancy blind spot option or anything in the super high tech department and it’s 3 1/2 months to shipping. I am just super curious to know why is all. Sorry for the rant but every time I see an 8 week delivery it just makes me want someone to tell me wtf, ya know?

What has your dealer said on the long wait? Have you contacted Ram and opened a case with them? What status is your vehicle in?

So many things come into play with everyones vehicle that it could be vehicle options (which it doesn't seem like you have any outrageous) to things on the dealer side. Sold orders are supposed to be priority over dealer stock but still no rhyme or reason on why some go ahead of others. So either your dealer needs to put some heat on them or a case manager needs to get involved in this.

21bighorn

Reaction score
What has your dealer said on the long wait? Have you contacted Ram and opened a case with them? What status is your vehicle in?

So many things come into play with everyones vehicle that it could be vehicle options (which it doesn't seem like you have any outrageous) to things on the dealer side. Sold orders are supposed to be priority over dealer stock but still no rhyme or reason on why some go ahead of others. So either your dealer needs to put some heat on them or a case manager needs to get involved in this.
My truck is on the train headed to NC. Finally. Ordered 12/18/20. I’m just in wonder of how the system works. I also know that there won’t be anyone that will give an honest answer as we all know from speaking to Ram Chat. I’ll have my truck soon enough and will post pics. Btw I called my dealer yesterday to find out how close we are and left a message that was supposed to be returned by the end of the day. No call back, so I got that goin for me lol.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is on the train headed to NC. Finally. Ordered 12/18/20. I’m just in wonder of how the system works. I also know that there won’t be anyone that will give an honest answer as we all know from speaking to Ram Chat. I’ll have my truck soon enough and will post pics. Btw I called my dealer yesterday to find out how close we are and left a message that was supposed to be returned by the end of the day. No call back, so I got that goin for me lol.

Ram chat isn't going to give you much more than a canned answer and I don't think anyone in the biz is going to give you an honest answer. They will probably say the same thing, many factors into play on why 1 takes longer than another. There isn't any rhyme/reason on why vehicles sit long time in QC as others just blow by out the door. Mine sat for 2 weeks in the yard to ship and now working on 2 weeks on the train to chicago to sit in a yard there as well.

21bighorn

Reaction score
Ram chat isn't going to give you much more than a canned answer and I don't think anyone in the biz is going to give you an honest answer. They will probably say the same thing, many factors into play on why 1 takes longer than another. There isn't any rhyme/reason on why vehicles sit long time in QC as others just blow by out the door. Mine sat for 2 weeks in the yard to ship and now working on 2 weeks on the train to chicago to sit in a yard there as well.
I’m not sure how long mine sat where. I have a case and have received email updates recently from Jeff at Ram, which is how I know my truck is on a train. 2weeks to Chicago from Michigan wow! Probably take 2 months to get to North Carolina hahahahahaha! Thanks for listening brother.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@21bighorn and @Snofire let it out guys let it out! i know once the truck arrives all stress will be out the window, but it does suck for the time being. i was getting antsy, mine took 10 weeks total (live in Chicago so shipping wasn't too bad). i ordered 1/9 and i was getting pretty irritated seeing people who ordered a month after me, already have there truck. BUT, there wasn't much i could do except convince myself that it's a first world problem waiting long for my perfect truck. i did threated my case manager with buying an F-150 powerboost.

i wish you both the best of luck and can't wait to see pictures!

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
My dealer said something along the lines of having a group of similar trims go through at a time. Would make since from a line-efficiency/tooling/supply standpoint. Would also explain the variance in delivery. Either way, I'm 5 weeks out from my order and just in D. ⏳

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@21bighorn and @Snofire let it out guys let it out! i know once the truck arrives all stress will be out the window, but it does suck for the time being. i was getting antsy, mine took 10 weeks total (live in Chicago so shipping wasn't too bad). i ordered 1/9 and i was getting pretty irritated seeing people who ordered a month after me, already have there truck. BUT, there wasn't much i could do except convince myself that it's a first world problem waiting long for my perfect truck. i did threated my case manager with buying an F-150 powerboost.

i wish you both the best of luck and can't wait to see pictures!
I also told Stellantis and my dealer that I would just buy an F-150, like good luck selling a Unicorn with an EcoDiesel with a $75k msrp 😂. I didn’t even put down a deposit or anything so It’s not like I had an obligation, lol.

Boston

Reaction score
Any options causing special delays in construction? I know Ford is parking almost completed trucks until the last pieces arrive.

21bighorn

Reaction score
Any options causing special delays in construction? I know Ford is parking almost completed trucks until the last pieces arrive.
HERE YOU GO......https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/stellantis-closing-five-north-american-plants-due-to-chip-shortage.html

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HERE YOU GO......https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/stellantis-closing-five-north-american-plants-due-to-chip-shortage.html

This isn't necessarily affecting the DT plant in Sterling Heights but that is to be determined how much stuff will slow down.

MassDiesel

Reaction score
I also told Stellantis and my dealer that I would just buy an F-150, like good luck selling a Unicorn with an EcoDiesel with a $75k msrp 😂. I didn’t even put down a deposit or anything so It’s not like I had an obligation, lol.
When did you order? I ordered a similar unicorn Limited Ecodiesel on 3/9. Not status yet other than "being scheduled". Maybe we'll be going through production together...

nandalora

Reaction score
Well I’m now thanking the universe that my truck finally shipped! I have an ETA of 3/26-4/9. I finally got the $1000 voucher in my email as well! Seems like it’s all coming together. Christmas present will finally be here soon!! Whew! I’m starting to get excited and a bit nervous as well hahahaha🤑🤑🤑🤑
Can you share more about the $1,000 voucher? How and when you applied for it. Who provides this?

Thanks!

Mic13

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Voucher info as well. My truck should be delivered in a few weeks and I have not seen anything in my email regarding the $1,000 discount.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you share more about the $1,000 voucher? How and when you applied for it. Who provides this?

Thanks!

Sign up on the ramtrucks.com site with as many email addresses as you can. Seems like they do these at the beginning of the month. A lot of us got them this month. This is directly from Ram to help with purchase of a new vehicle.

Link: https://www.ramtrucks.com/sufu.html

66 Cuda Dan

Reaction score
Ok just did the Ram Chat and got the same answer as last week all parts for build on hand? They would not give me a status code like "D"
Dealer told me that 4/6/21 ship date. I ordered the truck 3/6/21 had VIN and VON on 3/7/21.
We ordered a 1500 Crew cab Laramie, sport, 2x4, 5.7 e-torq, 6-4 bed in olive green.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer said something along the lines of having a group of similar trims go through at a time. Would make since from a line-efficiency/tooling/supply standpoint. Would also explain the variance in delivery. Either way, I'm 5 weeks out from my order and just in D. ⏳
🤣 I'm only at two weeks and already losing my mind! I was tested for patience once, I tested negative 😳

McHouck

Reaction score
I'm only at two weeks and already losing my mind! I was tested for patience once, I tested negative
I told my SA that I'd only call every Monday to check on status. She was great, texted me on Friday with an update.... unfortunately still in "D" status.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online