5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Small Update:

Stellantis called back and said my maintenance plan is now officially on my account and associated with my VIN. Picked up my truck on 2/19/21 and had some issues with the dealer seeing it. They offered it free after my truck took foreve in inspection (32 days alone in that stage).

They updated it to a complimentary mx plan called the Essential Care 110 which he said is specifically for EcoDiesels and covers 5 years with no mileage limit; essentially 10 free oil changes and tire rotations etc. which is great because the original plan had me paying no more than $65, now I’m paying $0 for them. As reference, it’s normally like $250 for an oil change on the EcoDiesels at dealers, oil filters alone are $90 or so. Anywho, love the truck, here’s some more pics.

View attachment 87107 View attachment 87109 View attachment 87108
holy crap that last picture with the headlights looks so mean! love it!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic to hear they did right by you in the end!
And a great looking truck to Boot!

Oh yeah I wasn’t worried, most of the customer care people there are useless, but my Stellantis Brand Representative, Andrew, was always super helpful and Polite; really appreciate the work he did to accommodate everything.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
holy crap that last picture with the headlights looks so mean! love it!
Yeah I love the truck so much. It’s amazing. Getting a paint correction and ceramic coating on it May 3rd. Putting on my wheel locks next week after seeing some people on here get their whole wheel and tire setup stolen.

Only issue I’ve had was a plastic creaking noise, was addressed once by the dealer. They put some tape on the delta part of the plastic on the front driver’s side window trim. I think they need some all over it because while that noise is gone, it’s on the other end now of the trim. Very minor gripe, and not worried at all. Everything else is gold. Really happy with the build.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Aaron said there was conflicting information on mine depending on where he looked. One location said final inspection was complete and it was ready for shipping and the other location said out to the Body Vender.... Personally, I'm pulling for the ready to ship... :)
I just talked to him and they have no ETA yet. Ram chat says it's ready to ship, but they have no access to information showing when it ships. So I think mine is still waiting to be shipped. I was hoping for and early April delivery. Hope that happens.

BizWiz

Reaction score
so... my 2021 Laramie was delivered to the dealer on 3/24. I went to pick it up and while I was on the way they called to tell me the "Check Engine" light was on and they needed to diagnose what was up. At best I can pick it up on 3/30 after the fuel injector pump and fuel rails are replaced. :(

21bighorn

Reaction score
Small Update:

Stellantis called back and said my maintenance plan is now officially on my account and associated with my VIN. Picked up my truck on 2/19/21 and had some issues with the dealer seeing it. Stellantis offered it free after my truck took forever in inspection (32 days alone in that stage).

They updated it to a complimentary mx plan called the Essential Care 110 which he said is specifically for EcoDiesels and covers 5 years with no mileage limit; essentially 10 free oil changes and tire rotations etc., which is great because the original plan had me paying no more than $65, now I’m paying $0 for them. As reference, it’s normally like $250 for an oil change on the EcoDiesels at dealers; oil filters alone are $90 or so. Anywho, love the truck, here’s some more pics.

View attachment 87107 View attachment 87109 View attachment 87108
Hmmmm I wonder since I’ve been waiting almost as long as u if I can score some deal like this??

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone that is waiting for their vehicle to be built is going to wait longer now....

seems like it only affects the ram 1500 classic... i doubt that... but that's what the article states

here's a snippit:

"Vehicles impacted by Stellantis’ production halts include the Chrysler 300 sedan and Pacifica and Voyager minivans, Dodge Charger and Challenger cars, Jeep Cherokee and Compass SUVs and Ram 1500 Classic pickup. A newer version of the Ram 1500 remains in production at a different Michigan plant."

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone that is waiting for their vehicle to be built is going to wait longer now....

From what I’ve been reading, this isn’t impacting DT production yet, just classic

Here are the plants and what they produce:
  • Warren Truck, north of Detroit — Ram 1500 Classic pickup
  • Belvidere Assembly in Illinois — Jeep Cherokee SUV
  • Brampton Assembly, northwest of Toronto in Ontario — Chrysler Charger, Challenger and 300 sedans
  • Windsor Assembly, in Ontario but near Detroit — Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid minivans
  • Toluca Assembly, west of Mexico City — Jeep Compass

Chuck19

Reaction score
so... my 2021 Laramie was delivered to the dealer on 3/24. I went to pick it up and while I was on the way they called to tell me the "Check Engine" light was on and they needed to diagnose what was up. At best I can pick it up on 3/30 after the fuel injector pump and fuel rails are replaced. :(
Wow man that sucks on so many levels. How did it pass inspection to get delivered to you

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as the microchip shortage goes, expect it to affect every brand and just about every model. I’m sure it’s affecting the 5th Gen Models, which will mean delays. However, it’s not affecting them so much as to see 2+ months added on top of normal production and delivery times. Before the recognized shortage, people were getting trucks as early as 3 weeks, with around latest being 12-14 weeks on avg. I can’t see someone waiting more than 5 months for a Truck ordered in Late March.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The chip shortage is affecting the DT as blind spot and cross path has been removed from most packages and you can expect to wait an extra month if ordered according to my dealer. Not that I wanted them, but they warned me before we sat down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21bighorn

Reaction score
Well I’m now thanking the universe that my truck finally shipped! I have an ETA of 3/26-4/9. I finally got the $1000 voucher in my email as well! Seems like it’s all coming together. Christmas present will finally be here soon!! Whew! I’m starting to get excited and a bit nervous as well hahahaha🤑🤑🤑🤑

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This makes me wonder, if you order a truck in June and it’s delayed to September/October, would they make your truck a 2022 and offer a comparable build? has anyone been through that before? You’re locked in on price & options. It must happen regularly for anyone who orders in August.

Mate514

Reaction score
This makes me wonder, if you order a truck in June and it’s delayed to September/October, would they make your truck a 2022 and offer a comparable build? has anyone been through that before? You’re locked in on price & options. It must happen regularly for anyone who orders in August.
It happend on members last year, they ordered a 2020 model and they got a 2021 with price locked in. I think it's on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread