5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I ordered my bighorn CC 6’4 bed, sport and off-road with level 1 equipment 2 days ago (3/10/21). Dealer just called to tell me I already have a vin #!!!!! This seems fast? What do you guys think?

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
VIN is assigned day or two after the order is placed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

L2R512

Reaction score
I ordered my bighorn CC 6’4 bed, sport and off-road with level 1 equipment 2 days ago (3/10/21). Dealer just called to tell me I already have a vin #!!!!! This seems fast? What do you guys think?
That’s about the time it took to get my VIN. It just means that the order was accepted - and now the real wait begins!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. Typically if order is accepted you get the Vin within a few days. Now you are waiting for parts to be sourced and then sequenced in for building (that seems the longest wait).

MattZ

Reaction score
Update
Ordered 1/25
D status 1/28
D1 2/26
Trim stage 3/11
3/12 Build complete and in shipping stage according to dealer and ramchat. Neither one knows if it is actually shipped yet or when it will be but the dealer said ram put a delivery date of 3/24 so I hope that’s true but not holding my breath.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Here you go ... my old RAM and my new F150:

View attachment 85446

In the areas:
  • Ride quality
  • Quality
  • Transmission
I think the RAM 1500 has a very slight advantage over the F150. It's not much - but it's there.

When I comes down to interior storage space and rear seat room the RAM blows the F150 out of the water, there's no question.

Technology and safety feature wise ... the F150 takes it. It's not only at least one generation ahead but it also works - unlike the reverse braking feature that I had to turn off on the RAM. The fully digital dash, the Android auto integration, the assist systems are outstanding. What I really like is the fact that you can get projector LEDs on mid-Level trims (I've the Lariat). The Rebel I had on order only came with reflector LEDs.

As far as engines go ... you just have more options with the Ford. V6, V8, turbo, Hybrid ... whatever fits your bill.
Looks very nice! Hope it works well for you.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go ... my old RAM and my new F150:

View attachment 85446

In the areas:
  • Ride quality
  • Quality
  • Transmission
I think the RAM 1500 has a very slight advantage over the F150. It's not much - but it's there.

When I comes down to interior storage space and rear seat room the RAM blows the F150 out of the water, there's no question.

Technology and safety feature wise ... the F150 takes it. It's not only at least one generation ahead but it also works - unlike the reverse braking feature that I had to turn off on the RAM. The fully digital dash, the Android auto integration, the assist systems are outstanding. What I really like is the fact that you can get projector LEDs on mid-Level trims (I've the Lariat). The Rebel I had on order only came with reflector LEDs.

As far as engines go ... you just have more options with the Ford. V6, V8, turbo, Hybrid ... whatever fits your bill.
Just curious, what did they give you off of MSRP on that Lariat Sport?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE:

1/9/21 Ordered
2/15/21 Parts Received
3/6/21 Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
3/8/2021: Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.
3/9/2021 BUILD SHEET
3/8/21 shipping status
3/11/2021 window sticker/ ETA 3/12-3/22
3/12/2021 IN TRANSIT to dealer

RJS19

Reaction score
Update...

1/6/21 Order placed
1/8/21 Chat provided VIN
2/9/21 Per Chat - Parts gathered entering build process soon
2/25/21 Paint
2/26/21 Built pending inspection
3/1/21 Pending additional equipment (bed-liner)
3/4/21 Shipping Stage ETA 3/9-3/23
3/12/21 Delivered to dealer... 9 weeks and 2 days order to delivery to dealer. All in all not too bad under the circumstances. My previous FCA orders (Durango's from JNAP) took about 6 weeks and 5 weeks. Those of us who got those incorrect ETA emails were unfortunately given false hope and made to feel like it was delayed (mine said ETA 2/22).

Spoke to chat 3/12 they said the should be delivered that day. My salesman is off on Friday's so I drove over to dealership and I saw it on the lot. Just fired off VM and email to dealer to hopefully get it picked up today.

Ordered 1/6/21, 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel 4x4– Two tone granite/black <> Hemi-eTorque <> e-shift on demand <> Level 2 <> Night Edition <> C&C <> Bed Liner <> Wheel House Liners <> Blind Spot.

gobble9mil

Reaction score
Update:

1/25 - POC
1/27 - VIN
2/23 - "Your vehicle is being built..." (RamChat phone)
2/24 - "All parts received and your truck is scheduled to be built" (RamChat web chat)
2/26 - "Estimated ship date of 3/10" (Dealer)
3/8 - "Your vehicle is in the frame stage, no ETA has been established" (RamChat)
3/10 - "Your vehicle has been built, pending installation of additional equipment" (RamChat)
3/10 - Build Sheet available via https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing.
3/12 - Dealer calls, says at body shop getting final trim items. Will be sent direct to dealer from body shop. Expect at dealership 0-14 days.
3/13 - Window Sticker available at Cryptostickers. Shows build date of 3/11.

MagicA4

Reaction score
Just curious, what did they give you off of MSRP on that Lariat Sport?
A LOT. My trucks are leases ... Ford gave me $2000 more for my trade and while the MSRP of the F150 was slightly higher - the lease payment is ~$100 less. And this was their offer - I did not renegotiate. For the RAM I had to contact 5 dealerships to get only one quote that wasn't completely ridiculous.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
A LOT. My trucks are leases ... Ford gave me $2000 more for my trade and while the MSRP of the F150 was slightly higher - the lease payment is ~$100 less. And this was their offer - I did not renegotiate. For the RAM I had to contact 5 dealerships to get only one quote that wasn't completely ridiculous.
What was % residual on Ford vs RAM?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yangster

Reaction score
Update
Ordered 1/25
D status 1/28
D1 2/26
Trim stage 3/11
3/12 Build complete and in shipping stage according to dealer and ramchat. Neither one knows if it is actually shipped yet or when it will be but the dealer said ram put a delivery date of 3/24 so I hope that’s true but not holding my breath.
Nice, mine was completed yesterday too and is in shipping stage. Just got the window sticker a few minutes ago from cryptostickers.net. I'm going to call the dealer on Monday for an ETA...

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal for you. In my case, my 2019 Ram was paid for so I sold it private party. I found a few Ford dealerships that would do $6K off MSRP on a Lariat Sport or Platinum but nothing like the $11K off MSRP I got on my 2021 Ram Limited. Plus the 0% for 72 added a few more points toward the Ram. I don't think you can go wrong with either truck though. With the competition right now between manufacturers, we (the consumers) are the real winners.

MacFly

Reaction score
**UPDATE**
3/11 - Arrived at Dealer

View attachment 85448
I'm definitely digging that color more than the "Olive" I got. I'm the dummy though, I should have gotten eyes on a vehicle in person instead of just going off the pictures online. It's still nice, but not what I had been envisioning

DevinB

Reaction score
Update: Dealer called today, said it's in Paint. Hallelujah.

1/30/2021 --Ordered
2/1 -- VIN
3/1 --Didn't hear anything for 30 days so checked in with dealer, it had hit D1 at some point, not sure when, with estimated ship-date of 3/12 on new POC sheet
3/13 --Paint; Dealer called me to update that it's in Paint. Said they should be calling me more frequently now. Also did RAM Chat to see if they lined up. Seems to. Text response on 3/13: "Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Last edited:

MacFly

Reaction score
Picked mine up today, three months and a day since I ordered it with the dealer. Just short of three months since they actually placed the order.
It is missing the passenger door panel cup holder insert and the dealer has ordered a new exhaust. The exhaust tips are definitely different lengths. One is where it should be and the other one is an inch or inch and a half shorter. They ordered a new x pipe.
Definitely wrong and noticeable...
Dangit, I just went out and looked at mine, and wouldn't you know it I have the same issue. Passenger side exhaust is sticking out past the bumper, the driver's side falls about a half inch or so short of the bumper. Definitely different lengths.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Dangit, I just went out and looked at mine, and wouldn't you know it I have the same issue. Passenger side exhaust is sticking out past the bumper, the driver's side falls about a half inch or so short of the bumper. Definitely different lengths.

If the tips is clamped on just slide the passenger side in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread