5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

HAL9001

Reaction score
Is there any way to track a VIN that a dealer ordered? I have a down payment on a 2021 1500 that the dealer had already previously ordered and was supposed to have been delivered this week. Now the dealer is telling me that they don't know when it'll come in. This is concerning because to get employee pricing, delivery must be taken before 1/4/21 which is only a couple of weeks away.

I tried the chat line but they won't give the status for a VIN that a customer didn't order.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Is there any way to track a VIN that a dealer ordered? I have a down payment on a 2021 1500 that the dealer had already previously ordered and was supposed to have been delivered this week. Now the dealer is telling me that they don't know when it'll come in. This is concerning because to get employee pricing, delivery must be taken before 1/4/21 which is only a couple of weeks away.

I tried the chat line but they won't give the status for a VIN that a customer didn't order.

The dealer should be able to tell you where the truck is.

Do you know if it’s still on a train? Sitting in a rail yard?

fsjosh

Reaction score

My order sheet has the dealer listed as the sold to and shipped to and I can use ram chat to get updates. The only thing I can see that might be a difference is that maybe the one your dealer ordered isn't tagged as a customer order.

HAL9001

Reaction score
The dealer should be able to tell you where the truck is.

Do you know if it’s still on a train? Sitting in a rail yard?
The dealer says it's in a rail yard somewhere in NY state. They first told me it would be in this week, but that never happened, and now they say they can't give me a delivery date. They're telling me it should be sometime this month, perhaps as late as Christmas, but that leaves very little room for error as to the 1/4/21 deadline especially with the holidays.

HAL9001

Reaction score
My order sheet has the dealer listed as the sold to and shipped to and I can use ram chat to get updates. The only thing I can see that might be a difference is that maybe the one your dealer ordered isn't tagged as a customer order.
Correct, they won't give any info to customers on dealer ordered vehicles. They said to ask the dealer, but of course, I already tried that. The dealer won't commit to a specific delivery date. They just say that it should be in sometime this month. Only 17 days left on the Employee Pricing sale.

mattoest

Reaction score
Ram Chat just confirmed my order cleared framing, paint, trim and body vendor, and is in quality inspections right now.
After sitting in Toledo at the Jeep plant for a week, I just got the call that my 1500 is being trucked to the dealer in Chicago sometime tomorrow.

Moestavern33

Reaction score
Correct, they won't give any info to customers on dealer ordered vehicles. They said to ask the dealer, but of course, I already tried that. The dealer won't commit to a specific delivery date. They just say that it should be in sometime this month. Only 17 days left on the Employee Pricing sal
Correct, they won't give any info to customers on dealer ordered vehicles. They said to ask the dealer, but of course, I already tried that. The dealer won't commit to a specific delivery date. They just say that it should be in sometime this month. Only 17 days left on the Employee Pricing sale.
FWIW, the time frame the dealer is giving you is pretty much what the live chat team would give you. I was given an ETA of 12/14-12/28. So bout a 2 week window. The message also told me that this was subject to change. So not set in stone.
So the dealer saying sometime this month is about a 2 week window from today. Also not set in stone.
I know this doesn’t ease your mind but at least you know your not missing out on any extra hidden details due to the live chat team not discussing it with you.

Triman11427

Reaction score
It’s frustrating to not be able to lock into the best deal/rebate when ordering vs delivery date. Who knows what will be available when my truck gets delivered? Could be better, could be worse.

Rocsolid

Reaction score
Yep, Black interior. I also went w/ the Tech and advanced safety groups. I have a HUD in my 328d, and miss it everytime I have to drive something w/o it. The advanced safety group wasn't a "must have", but since I was ordering I figured I would go a head and get it.
Thats what i should have done and gone with the Advance Safety Group. Tech Group wasn't a must for me.

Kazoo

Reaction score
The dealer says it's in a rail yard somewhere in NY state. They first told me it would be in this week, but that never happened, and now they say they can't give me a delivery date. They're telling me it should be sometime this month, perhaps as late as Christmas, but that leaves very little room for error as to the 1/4/21 deadline especially with the holidays.

It's sitting in Selkirk, NY.... Most of the Northeast gets distributed from here...

Triman11427

Reaction score
How are the trucks transported from MI to the NE? Is it train to Selkirk and then transport truck?

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
It’s frustrating to not be able to lock into the best deal/rebate when ordering vs delivery date. Who knows what will be available when my truck gets delivered? Could be better, could be worse.
Yep, that is definitely frustrating. I'm about in same boat myself. Not really sure how much this thing will cost when I get it.
And not really trusting the dealer doesn't make it any better. Hey, I didn't make up the name "stealership" but it commonly called that. What if they where holding it until that promo period was up to bump their comission? Or holding on til they could have a massive amount of "deliveries" in a short time span?

MacFly

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and ordered on 12/14/20. Had to call and pester the dealership multiple times, but finally got a response. VON and VIN already assigned, and in "D" status? Seems too fast for my usual luck. Tried my best but got a little overzealous on the build, so I'm a bit worried it'll slow things down. Also, definitely peeved that they were "unable" to remove the Trailer Tow Group (I only wanted the controller), and Cold Weather Group (I only wanted the engine block heater) on the build before it was finalized. They blamed the Trailer Tow Group on my 3.92 gearing choice, said they couldn't delete it.

Build:
Bighorn Crew 4x4 6'4" box
Turbo Diesel
Olive Green
Bench Seat
Black/Diesel interior
Wheelhouse Liners
3.92 Gears
MOPAR Rubber Mats
Big Horn Level 2 Group (only really wanted the electrical outlets)
Off Road Group
MOPAR Trailer Camera wiring
Bed Utility
Blind Spot/Cross Path
Trailer Tow Group
Amplified Speakers (couldn't help it)
Premium Lighting
33 gallon tank
Cold Weather Group

Crossing my fingers that I don't regret this. And hope I get some decent incentives.

Edit: Looks like they forgot to include something I DID want though, the trailer tow mirrors. Ugh. 🤬

Last edited:

rtslab

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and ordered on 12/14/20. Had to call and pester the dealership multiple times, but finally got a response. VON and VIN already assigned, and in "D" status? Seems too fast for my usual luck. Tried my best but got a little overzealous on the build, so I'm a bit worried it'll slow things down. Also, definitely peeved that they were "unable" to remove the Trailer Tow Group (I only wanted the controller), and Cold Weather Group (I only wanted the engine block heater) on the build before it was finalized. They blamed the Trailer Tow Group on my 3.92 gearing choice, said they couldn't delete it.

Build:
Turbo Diesel
Olive Green
Bench Seat
Black/Diesel interior
Wheelhouse Liners
3.92 Gears
MOPAR Rubber Mats
Off Road Group
Bed Utility
Blind Spot/Cross Path
Trailer Tow Group
Premium Lighting
33 gallon tank
Cold Weather Group

Crossing my fingers that I don't regret this. And hope I get some decent incentives.

Edit: Looks like they forgot to include something I DID want though, the trailer tow mirrors. Ugh. 🤬
Whatever you are able to configure from build Ram website, your dealer should be able to place the order matching that configuration.

AK103

Reaction score

Build:
Turbo Diesel
Olive Green
Bench Seat
Black/Diesel interior
Wheelhouse Liners
3.92 Gears
MOPAR Rubber Mats
Off Road Group
Bed Utility
Blind Spot/Cross Path
Trailer Tow Group
Premium Lighting
33 gallon tank
Cold Weather Group

They lied to you.

Also, always make sure to triple check the POC before signing.
Also Also, I don't know how much extra the MOPAR floor mats were - but they're about $100 on Ebay.

MacFly

Reaction score
Whatever you are able to configure from build Ram website, your dealer should be able to place the order matching that configuration.
I literally brought my printed build in, and went around and around with them about it. They insisted that it was due to my choice of 3.92 gears that made it impossible to delete the tow package. I even asked them to contact Chrysler directly to ask if their system had an error. They supposedly even tried to build it again from scratch on their end, and I think that's how the mirrors slipped through the cracks because I'm almost positive they were on the original build they typed up. And shame on me for assuming they'd do the right thing for sure. I should've known better. I'm not happy or impressed with Larry H. Miller Boise, that's for sure.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score

Build:
Turbo Diesel
Olive Green
Bench Seat
Black/Diesel interior
Wheelhouse Liners
3.92 Gears
MOPAR Rubber Mats
Off Road Group
Bed Utility
Blind Spot/Cross Path
Trailer Tow Group
Premium Lighting
33 gallon tank
Cold Weather Group

Trailer tow mirrors aren’t included in the trailer tow group?

MacFly

Reaction score
Trailer tow mirrors aren’t included in the trailer tow group?
I had just wanted the mirrors and brake controller, mirrors are not listed in the description of the Tow Group on the Ram site. Salesman had been trying to push it on me for the Class IV Receiver-Hitch, until I pulled it up and showed him that the Class IV Hitch is included in the Level 2 Equipment Group.

Trailer Tow Group:
  • Add Class IV Receiver-Hitch
  • Class IV Receiver-Hitch
  • Trailer Brake-Controller
  • Trailer Light Check
  • Trailer Reverse Steering Control
  • Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System
  • Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Display (Unavailable with some configurations)

Moose2020

Reaction score
This is my build I ordered Dec 7th. I hope I get it before March, although I'm not too worried as it'll allow me to save up an extra 5k if it get here in March. On the 11th, the status changed to BX. 340EBEE2-9ACF-4AD7-990C-3595FF0C65FA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread