5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered mine last Thursday, got VIN assigned on Friday, and I am already getting antsy to find out the progress.

Within a week I started ordering Accessories for it and joined this Forum. Kept finding
more stuff to buy. I am already at $5K of accessories and I still have to make brackets
to move my Train Horns over from my 2008 Big Horn. They run another $2K

Malodave

Donmacky

Reaction score
Within a week I started ordering Accessories for it and joined this Forum. Kept finding
more stuff to buy. I am already at $5K of accessories and I still have to make brackets
to move my Train Horns over from my 2008 Big Horn. They run another $2K

Malodave
I am keeping my 12,000 Warn winch off my 3500. Probably too much for 1500, but I can sell or trade it for a 8 or 9000. Exploring a way to mount on the new Ecodiesel without interfering with the front sensors.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am keeping my 12,000 Warn winch off my 3500. Probably too much for 1500, but I can sell or trade it for a 8 or 9000. Exploring a way to mount on the new Ecodiesel without interfering with the front sensors.
The Rebel has a winch mounted behind the front bumper you may want to look at.

Malodave

AK103

Reaction score
My real window sticker has my name printed on it.
The Dealer actually parked it on the back lot so no
buyers would see it with the Black Friday Sales Event
going on.

That Koons dealer must have sold it to a Buyer that wanted it so bad he topped your offer by $10K.

Malodave

It was a custom order, I'm sure the sticker had their name on it too.
But money talks I suppose.

They probably thought they could flip it and order another one without the buyer asking too any questions.

DanoUF

Reaction score
It was a custom order, I'm sure the sticker had their name on it too.
But money talks I suppose.

They probably thought they could flip it and order another one without the buyer asking too any questions.
Not to defend what happened to the guy in the review, because that is kinda crappy on the part of Koons, but it doesn't look like he ordered the truck, but that he put money down on a vehicle that was ordered by the dealership, and was in transit. I can see this sort of situation being where there is a mistake made and it was put out onto the lot. From recent experience a lot of dealerships don't have a whole lot of crosstalk between sales teams.

Donmacky

Reaction score
The Rebel has a winch mounted behind the front bumper you may want to look at.

Malodave
On another thread I read something about the intercooler being in the way on the Ecodiesel. I have always had a grill guard on my heavy duty Rams, so this will be a new experience.

mattoest

Reaction score
Only twice a day.

Ordered 10/2
VIN 10/8
Still D1 as of last Thursday
Estimated ship date - tomorrow, 12/7
Ram Chat just confirmed my order cleared framing, paint, trim and body vendor, and is in quality inspections right now.

Total

Reaction score
Took delivery of my truck last Friday and drove 400 miles home. Love the ride home.

9EE1diTh.jpg

mwbrogan

Reaction score
I ordered mine last Thursday, got VIN assigned on Friday, and I am already getting antsy to find out the progress.
Hmmm...I ordered on 21 November, and don't have a VIN yet. I know it can vary, but now I'm a little worried.
(2021 Laramie EcoDiesel with "most" of the options, but a bench front seat.)

Kevlars

Reaction score
Ya when I ordered mine I had a vin within 2 days... The Dealer gave it to me .. when I called Ram Care they did not. I found that the dealer has more up to date information.

Moestavern33

Reaction score
I got my VIN number from the dealership a few mins ago. Where/how can I use this to track the status of my truck?

Thank you,
Matt

Donmacky

Reaction score
Ya when I ordered mine I had a vin within 2 days... The Dealer gave it to me .. when I called Ram Care they did not. I found that the dealer has more up to date information.
I worked at a Dodge dealership in 2007-2010 selling commercial vehicles. Dealer can pull up an order and get current status listed in Dealer connect. But it is not necessarily the actual status of the build. I have seen orders jump from D1 to KZ in a day.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Hi all, new here and will hopefully be taking delivery of a new built to order Laramie in the near future. Curious what you think of my situation. Last Thursday I placed an order with a dealer but in the follow up conversations it seems they were less than genuine with their quoted price (included rebates/incentives when they made it seem it did not) and have yet to provide me any kind of order confirmation, final build sheet, or VON. It's supposedly all coming in the mail... So in the meantime I reached back out to another dealer I had gotten a similar price from who confirmed his price was without incentives/rebates and gave me clear answers. I plan to go with the second dealer to order now and cancel with the first. The first dealer only took a $250 deposit which I'm willing to eat if they won't refund it since I stand to save at least a couple thousand going with the second dealer. Question is, do I even bother cancelling the first order at this point? Wait and see which comes first and if the price changes with either when it comes time to sign papers? Is that wrong? Will FCA reject a second order for the same person?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, new here and will hopefully be taking delivery of a new built to order Laramie in the near future. Curious what you think of my situation. Last Thursday I placed an order with a dealer but in the follow up conversations it seems they were less than genuine with their quoted price (included rebates/incentives when they made it seem it did not) and have yet to provide me any kind of order confirmation, final build sheet, or VON. It's supposedly all coming in the mail... So in the meantime I reached back out to another dealer I had gotten a similar price from who confirmed his price was without incentives/rebates and gave me clear answers. I plan to go with the second dealer to order now and cancel with the first. The first dealer only took a $250 deposit which I'm willing to eat if they won't refund it since I stand to save at least a couple thousand going with the second dealer. Question is, do I even bother cancelling the first order at this point? Wait and see which comes first and if the price changes with either when it comes time to sign papers? Is that wrong? Will FCA reject a second order for the same person?
If the first order is in there is no stopping it now. If you have the ability to go to the other dealer and get a printed and signed offer with price BEFORE rebates/incentives that beats your current offer then by all means do it. They'll sell the truck you ordered eventually. Also, no FCA wont reject a second order. I have heard of people forgetting small features on their order and they submit another order to get what they want with no issues. You're not in the wrong seeking out another deal with a different dealership. Especially if the first dealer is a little bit suspect on their actual truck price.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
I got my VIN number from the dealership a few mins ago. Where/how can I use this to track the status of my truck?

Thank you,
Matt

Goto ramtrucks.com and goto contact us , navigate to chat. That’s what most of us did while we waited. They’re a good resource up to rail delivery, then your dealer is a good contact for tracking the truck on the rails.

Moestavern33

Reaction score
Goto ramtrucks.com and goto contact us , navigate to chat. That’s what most of us did while we waited. They’re a good resource up to rail delivery, then your dealer is a good contact for tracking the truck on the rails.
Thank you, I found a link somewhere last night that directed me to my actual window sticker. That motivated me to keep digging and finally I found a link to the FCA live chat as you suggested.
They said my truck is built and gave an ETA to the dealer of 12-14 to 12-28.
So now I guess it’s just up to my dealer to contact me when it’s delivered.
When I built it at the dealership (Nov 7th) they told me that it would probably be end of Jan or the first of Feb before they got the truck.
Hoping for a lil Xmas luck and it arrives during the ETA I was given.
Thanks again for your help.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread