5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Wch_chip

Reaction score
I reached out to my salesman talking about leases and whatnot and he said it'd probably be another 4 weeks before I take delivery of the truck. I know he is just guessing but I hope it moves quicker than that.

pharmerrob

Reaction score
Just heard I've moved from final inspection (4 weeks of inspection) to prep for shipping. Very excited!! Hoping that the trains and transport trucks all align and I get my truck sooner than later and I'll get to go for a Thanksgiving drive with new truck smell. Oct 29 will be 12 weeks total since order. Everyone's posts here have helped me remain a little sane through this process.

According to RAM, they prioritized my order exactly two weeks ago and now it's finally shipping. No window sticker yet which is weird according to everyone else's experiences. No update yet from my dealer, even though I asked for one last week and yesterday.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked in on my build today and finally heard that all parts have been gathered and it is ready for assembly. They don't have an ETA for when it will be assembled yet. What has everyone been seeing for a timeline from once the truck is built to when it is shipped to the dealer? Surely location plays a factor but is it a range of 4-6 weeks?

MrB

Reaction score
How did you track your shipment to know where the truck was at any given time? Did your dealership provide you some type of tracking to use with the rail company?

How were you able to track it? I ordered mine from Troncalli in Cumming although I live in Canton.
Troncalli is my closest dealer, but they were really bad at responding to my electronic inquiries. I ended up buying from Mall of Georgia CDJR and was so glad that I did. My salesman (Ryan Bills) checked the status of my truck daily for the entire 3 month period and sent me a text message every time there was the smallest update. When it was at the rail yard he called the south east CDJR distributor to get detailed status. When I finally picked up the truck I complemented him for keeping me so informed and he sounded surprised that everyone does not do that.

DLDiamondboy

Reaction score
Troncalli is my closest dealer, but they were really bad at responding to my electronic inquiries. I ended up buying from Mall of Georgia CDJR and was so glad that I did. My salesman (Ryan Bills) checked the status of my truck daily for the entire 3 month period and sent me a text message every time there was the smallest update. When it was at the rail yard he called the south east CDJR distributor to get detailed status. When I finally picked up the truck I complemented him for keeping me so informed and he sounded surprised that everyone does not do that.
My sales guy has been good. Troncalli is the only CDJR dealer in Georgia that is in Costco Auto Program. Shottenkirk and Jasper Jeep are the CDJR dealers closest to me.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Checked in on my build today and finally heard that all parts have been gathered and it is ready for assembly. They don't have an ETA for when it will be assembled yet. What has everyone been seeing for a timeline from once the truck is built to when it is shipped to the dealer? Surely location plays a factor but is it a range of 4-6 weeks?

You’re in D1!

Check with your dealer. They should see some dates on their screen.

For me:
D1 to KZ was just under 2 weeks

KZ 10/25
Build sheet 10/26
Sticker 10/27

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re in D1!

Check with your dealer. They should see some dates on their screen.

For me:
D1 to KZ was just under 2 weeks

KZ 10/25
Build sheet 10/26
Sticker 10/27
Thanks for the reply! Just received word from the dealer the truck should be shipping on 10/31. Or atleast thats their ETA. I would have thought it would get held up in quality control inspections for a bit.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Just received word from the dealer the truck should be shipping on 10/31. Or atleast thats their ETA. I would have thought it would get held up in quality control inspections for a bit.

I think that is still a possibility. You’ll know if you go into that stage after it’s built.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Does anyone know what difference between KZP and JB is?

I’m in KZP which is “in transit - arrived at vendor”

Do they ship it directly from the vendor once the bed liner/steps are done or does it go back to the plant to get loaded on a train?

trithumb

Reaction score
At what point do you get your vin? How far into the process is it normally?

trithumb

Reaction score
I got mine within a couple days of ordering
did they reach out to you, or did you have to contact them? I ordered on 10/17 and I know that's only 11 days but its been crickets since lol. Amazon has ruined me.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did they reach out to you, or did you have to contact them? I ordered on 10/17 and I know that's only 11 days but its been crickets since lol. Amazon has ruined me.
Nope, I just sent them an email a couple days later and they gave me the VON and VIN.

trithumb

Reaction score
Ok cool got it ty. Still no easy way to check with this data. I checked all the options I could find in this thread and i guess im still too early to know anything.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
Ok cool got it ty. Still no easy way to check with this data. I checked all the options I could find in this thread and i guess im still too early to know anything.

Check with your dealer within a few days of ordering. They will have the VON and VIN.

From there you can use the online chat in ramtrucks.com (under contact us) to get status updates.

Some of us chatted daily for updates.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the Dealer today to pick up the Filler neck I ordered for the new truck,
This so I can weld in two Bungs for the transfer lines to the AUX fuel Tank.

Asked for an Update on the Truck. Salesman Said it is built and due to go Shipping on Monday.
Should be at the Dealers lot by the end of the month.

Ordered 9-30-20
Vin 10-20-20

Malodave

ETA Contacted Ram Chat today. CSR said my Truck is in Scheduling.

So the Other Salesman at the Dealer Lied to me about the Status of my Truck.

Last edited:

WanderingDuc

Reaction score
Your dealer should provide you a VON within the first 72hrs of ordering. Otherwise they haven't put the order in yet. From there you can chat online with Ram Chat and they can keep you updated as often as you want to jump into chat with them. If you google Ram Status Codes, the first link should be to another forum that has a full description of all the individual steps your vehicle should go through until delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread