5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
From Ramchat

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Still no build sheet though.

No build sheet or sticker for me as well. I’m in KZ as of 10/25.

pharmerrob

Reaction score
From Ramchat

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Still no build sheet though.
Uh oh, you're in the inspection zone like me. Been there for 4 dang weeks! I hope yours moves a lot faster than mine. Good luck!

MrB

Reaction score
...Does anyone have experience on how long it takes from D1 to dealer delivery?
There are many factors involved. It took over two months for my truck to arrive at the dealership in north Georgia after reaching D1 status, albeit some of that delay had to do with the model year switch that changed my 2020 order to a 2021 order. Still, train transportation can take surprising long, and sitting in the rail yard after final unloading can take even more surprisingly long. It did take over a month to arrive after it was built. (see my signature for complete timeline)

Last edited:

DLDiamondboy

Reaction score
What state is it going to? I’m sure others here know more but it’s hard to predict anything once it is put on a train. You’re at the mercy of the railroads. The more trains it is on the longer it will take.
I am in the Atlanta Georgia metro area.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Ram chat person today says that the system no longer displays build status codes (e.g., D1, etc). He just said my vehicle is waiting for parts to become available. Does anyone know what status that corresponds to?

thanks!

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Ram chat person today says that the system no longer displays build status codes (e.g., D1, etc). He just said my vehicle is waiting for parts to become available. Does anyone know what status that corresponds to?

thanks!
That sounds like D1 to me.

2shea

Reaction score

thanks!
Yeah they told me that as well. Dealership seems to be able to tell you the status codes. Up to you how often you want to bug your sales person.
Yeah, your truck will unload at the Hapeville Rail Yard, the same rail yard mine sat for 19 very long days waiting for a car carrier to take it to my dealership.
How did you track your shipment to know where the truck was at any given time? Did your dealership provide you some type of tracking to use with the rail company?

My truck finally exists and is on it's way to me! Ram told me today I can expect it to arrive at the stealership sometime in the next two weeks!

Ordered: 8/14
Build sheet: 10/20
Window Sticker: 10/22

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Yeah they told me that as well. Dealership seems to be able to tell you the status codes. Up to you how often you want to bug your sales person.

How did you track your shipment to know where the truck was at any given time? Did your dealership provide you some type of tracking to use with the rail company?

My truck finally exists and is on it's way to me! Ram told me today I can expect it to arrive at the stealership sometime in the next two weeks!

Ordered: 8/14
Build sheet: 10/20
Window Sticker: 10/22

Still no window sticker for me built on the 16th.

DLDiamondboy

Reaction score
Yeah, your truck will unload at the Hapeville Rail Yard, the same rail yard mine sat for 19 very long days waiting for a car carrier to take it to my dealership.
How were you able to track it? I ordered mine from Troncalli in Cumming although I live in Canton.

mldc5665

Reaction score
It's beyond frustrating at this point. Ordered 8/14 so coming up on 9 weeks and it still hasn't been built.
My only thought on why mine is delayed is I was able to order the black power-folding tow mirrors with a Max Steel Sport appearance package and Laramie Level 1 package. Looking at the 2021 configurator, those mirrors are only available if you get the 'black appearance package' which then requires the level 2 package and isn't an option at all with the Max Steel paint.

Hopefully they're just waiting for the right time to do some odd-jobs all at once.

Chip, do you have any theories for what's special about yours and causing the delay?
I ordered mine at the beginning of August. I was told it was built but waiting on the multi-function tail gate as of 10/23/20. No ship/delivery date set yet.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score

thanks!

That should be D status. D1 would be something like ‘parts are ready and waiting to be built’ once you’re in D1 your dealer can give you an estimated production date. Mine was pretty accurate.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
That should be D status. D1 would be something like ‘parts are ready and waiting to be built’ once you’re in D1 your dealer can give you an estimated production date. Mine was pretty accurate.

This is accurate sorry I misspoke earlier.

SJC5

Reaction score
Window sticker showed up today - 3 days after build sheet.
Contacted Ram Chat today and was told: "I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage and is in transit to your dealership, however a Dealer ETA has not been provided quite yet". Hopefully it will not get stuck at the railyard like others. My guess is next week but I will check again on Friday to see of there is an ETA. I am not in a rush as I am "hoping" November rebates are better than October for a Laramie.

Llermor

Reaction score
My salesman just let me know I’m in D1 status! I’m so excited to finally see something change. Ordered 9/14. He said estimated ship date was 11/6. We’ll see.

Users who are viewing this thread