5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah! At the body shop now!
Yeah if I ever order one, I will leave specific instructions to the dealer to not wash my truck. I will take her as dirty as she comes from the factory.

dn1p

Reaction score
Yeah if I ever order one, I will leave specific instructions to the dealer to not wash my truck. I will take her as dirty as she comes from the factory.

My truck was parked, he backed into it with another car, obviously didn’t use the mirror or backup camera because he was trying to avoid a cone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
My truck was parked, he backed into it with another car, obviously didn’t use the mirror or backup camera because he was trying to avoid a cone!

Wow! Unbelievable!!

Paultg

Reaction score
Update:
I took delivery of my vehicle today from Carl over at Criswell. I had a private flight from NH to Gaithersburg MD. I'm lucky that my boss co-owns a Sesna 172 XP and was excited to fly me down. Left my house at 4:45am, met him at hanger at 5:45am, wheels up around 6am. Arrived in MD around 9:30am and Carl came by and picked me up. Since all paperwork was completed via FedEx I didn't even have to go into the dealership. He handed me the two keys, went over a few things, helped get the window sticker off without damage, and I was on my way after checking the oil and tire pressures. All and all very happy. Vehicle had 8 miles on it.

Final pricing worked out better than expected. I received $3500 in FCA rebates on the Laramie. Carl/Criswell honored the $300 doc fee that was in place at the time I ordered.
See attached for my excel sheet used to check the dealer paperwork which is shown next to it.
you can clearly see on this that Criswell did not charge me double for the destination fee.
Final Paperwork Pricing.JPG

I was a bit nervous about the AC initially but it worked great once I got moving. It was very hot today (93F and humid) .You can see from my photos here. I had Auto climate set at 68F, auto controls, air out of vents was close to 50F, and the cabin temp between the seats was a comfy 75F, I think the fan was at around 4 (via the auto control).
2020-08-10 15.33.35.jpg 2020-08-10 15.48.26.jpg

Now all I need to do is finish my drive home, install mud flaps and all weather mats, and clean it up a bit more to my liking. Also going to try for that additional $250 thing found on the forums here. Truck drove great on the way home, and the full throttle pulls to help the motor break in sure are fun. :) Made it to 240 miles on the first day.
2020-08-10 10.48.54.jpg 2020-08-10 07.00.48.jpg

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Update:
I took delivery of my vehicle today from Carl over at Criswell. I had a private flight from NH to Gaithersburg MD. I'm lucky that my boss co-owns a Sesna 172 XP and was excited to fly me down. Left my house at 4:45am, met him at hanger at 5:45am, wheels up around 6am. Arrived in MD around 9:30am and Carl came by and picked me up. Since all paperwork was completed via FedEx I didn't even have to go into the dealership. He handed me the two keys, went over a few things, helped get the window sticker off without damage, and I was on my way after checking the oil and tire pressures. All and all very happy. Vehicle had 8 miles on it.

Final pricing worked out better than expected. I received $3500 in FCA rebates on the Laramie. Carl/Criswell honored the $300 doc fee that was in place at the time I ordered.
See attached for my excel sheet used to check the dealer paperwork which is shown next to it.
you can clearly see on this that Criswell did not charge me double for the destination fee.
View attachment 65114

I was a bit nervous about the AC initially but it worked great once I got moving. It was very hot today (93F and humid) .You can see from my photos here. I had Auto climate set at 68F, auto controls, air out of vents was close to 50F, and the cabin temp between the seats was a comfy 75F, I think the fan was at around 4 (via the auto control).
View attachment 65115 View attachment 65116

Now all I need to do is finish my drive home, install mud flaps and all weather mats, and clean it up a bit more to my liking. Also going to try for that additional $250 thing found on the forums here. Truck drove great on the way home, and the full throttle pulls to help the motor break in sure are fun. :) Made it to 240 miles on the first day.
View attachment 65118 View attachment 65117
Congratulations! Beautiful truck! Thank you for the detailed post. I'm glad the air conditioning is working great. And they didn't wash car right?

Skater

Reaction score
Update:

View attachment 65114

Congrats. Great looking Ram.

Skater

Reaction score
I told my dealer not to touch mine when it arrived. I told him not to wash it or do anything other than check the fluids and whatever was necessary, but other than that, keep the young car wash and lot staff away. I’ll get it home, clean it up, clay bar it, mod it, seal it and ceramic coat it. He laughed, but did what I asked. The delivery guy said he never handed the keys to a dirty new truck to anyone. I asked him if there were any scratches on it. He said no just dirt. I said great. I’ll take it.

Sorry to hear your new Ram was scratched. I hope they fix it right for you.

Paultg

Reaction score
And they didn't wash car right?
I did not ask them to "not touch it". I just asked they they not run it through an automatic car wash.
It's not bad, just some "detail shine" stuff over spray and you can see some water dried on it after it was cleaned.
I'll probably clay bar it anyway and do my thing since I can't help myself. As far as I can tell I don't think it will be any extra effort because of them cleaning it.
I am really happy with the red and glad I chose it at the last minute instead of the white. I was a bit nervous about it but when I saw it today in the sun it was one big grin. :)

RamVader

Reaction score
Update:

View attachment 65114

Congrats! Love the red!

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Update:

View attachment 65114

Do you know what the additional $1000 rebate was for?

Paultg

Reaction score
I don’t and I didn’t really ask. I’m wondering if it was a dealer coupon to get me to do the paperwork before end of July but I’m not sure. It was on the paperwork as “rebates” and lumped with the $2500 for $3500 total.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score

I got an extra $1,000 in rebates on mine and the dealer didn’t really have a name for it. He just called me out of the blue and said he found an extra $1,000 rebate for me. He asked if I had been shopping for awhile and I said yes. He then said if I ever submitted any info on the ram website and they can tell you’re shopping, they’ll throw in that extra rebate to help you make a move.

Paultg

Reaction score
I got an extra $1,000 in rebates on mine and the dealer didn’t really have a name for it. He just called me out of the blue and said he found an extra $1,000 rebate for me. He asked if I had been shopping for awhile and I said yes. He then said if I ever submitted any info on the ram website and they can tell you’re shopping, they’ll throw in that extra rebate to help you make a move.

That is how my extra was explained too, and Carl didn't really have an answer. He said he ran the report again when the truck arrived and it was there.
I just assumed it was a dealer coupon and didn't really inquire much further. I had called FCA to review available incentives and I saved a few truck builds I think.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
My window sticker is finally available, so it's getting close. Is there a way to check the shipping/delivery status, or am I just waiting on a call from the dealership that it's arrived? Wasn't sure if Ram Chat would be able to provide me with much info once it leaves the factory.

ABuchho

Reaction score
My window sticker is finally available, so it's getting close. Is there a way to check the shipping/delivery status, or am I just waiting on a call from the dealership that it's arrived? Wasn't sure if Ram Chat would be able to provide me with much info once it leaves the factory.
From what i've heard, Ram Chat can't track it at all but I was able to get a much more precise delivery date form my dealership. Between 8/24-8/26, which is much more exact then the 2 week time frame from Ram

tom318

Reaction score
Update: Ordered 7/23. 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel. Ramchat states "scheduling phase". Dealer called and said estimated ship date is 9/10 but also told me "to be honest that date is useless as of now so please don't count on that".

Skater

Reaction score
Call this number 1-866-932-3878
Pretty sure that is Ram Cares. Ram Chat could not tell me where my Ram was, but folks at that number could tell me it was shipped, on the train, or in final rail yard waiting for loading on truck for delivery to dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread