5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Swampy

Reaction score
Mine went from D1 to shipped within the last week. I had bed utility group (w. Rambox) and the rear wheehouse liners. Im having the bed liner done by the dealer and doing sidesteps myself so could be one of those 2 things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABuchho

Reaction score
What all did you have that would be added at the body vendor? We have been sitting at JB status for either 3 or 4 weeks at this point. I’m trying to figure out what part is holding us up.....
Same here, see my signature for all the options. Maybe that will help us narrow it down to what the hold up is.

Paultg

Reaction score
For anyone following my posts on my purchase from Carl at Criswell:
paperwork arrived last Friday to my home. It all checked out, I was not double charged for destination, and I completed the papers and mailed them, my deposit and the auto loan check back to Criswell today.

I’ll expand on the entire process more once I pick the truck up (hopefully this coming Monday) and complete the 8hr drive home with a stop 1/2 way in NJ to see some family. Can’t wait. I took next week off.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
For anyone following my posts on my purchase from Carl at Criswell:
paperwork arrived last Friday to my home. It all checked out, I was not double charged for destination, and I completed the papers and mailed them, my deposit and the auto loan check back to Criswell today.

I’ll expand on the entire process more once I pick the truck up (hopefully this coming Monday) and complete the 8hr drive home with a stop 1/2 way in NJ to see some family. Can’t wait. I took next week off.
What type of papers did they send you? Sales contract, etc.? Did they mail them or sent electronic copies to your email? How come you are sending your deposit back, I thought that's something they charged upfront? I will also be dealing with Carl so wanted to know all the details. Thanks!

Paultg

Reaction score
What type of papers did they send you? Sales contract, etc.? Did they mail them or sent electronic copies to your email? How come you are sending your deposit back, I thought that's something they charged upfront? I will also be dealing with Carl so wanted to know all the details. Thanks!
They sent me many papers to sign & initial via FedEx, with a return envelope. Some pages were blank (Ie no traded in, no added accessories) but need to be initialed or signed.
Summary of each page:
- Vehicle Buyer Order (this is the paperwork with the actual dollars/numbers)
- Insurance Verification
- Maryland Lemon Law
- Conditional Delivery Agreement
- Odometer Statement
- Affiliate Rewards Pricing & Ack
- Taxes / Fees, Payoff, & Title Guarantee
- Due on deal
- Limited Power of Attorney

Once the paperwork was completed I returned it and included an additional down payment and the loan check, which total up to the final price of the vehicle on the buyer order sheet.
I did do a $500 cc deposit to order and that was reflected in the final price on the Buyer Order sheet. The two checks mailed is because I didn't want to finance the entire amount still remaining.
This paperwork could have all been done down at the dealership, but since I could not get down there until Aug 10th and the truck showed up last week he suggested they send it all up to me to review and complete before I come down there.

This does a couple of things:
1. He wanted the order to count as a July sale.
2. It lets me review it all at home and ask any questions. I didn't have much of any, and he suggested we discuss the package once I receive it, which we did.
3. Now when I come down there it should be pretty quick process:
Look at the truck make sure there are no problems. Probably get a final P&S agreement (or it will come with the title) and head out.

He also let me know the day it arrived that he would like to move the truck off site to a larger lot a few miles away, and wanted me to know up front there be a bit some miles on it because of the relocation. I thought that was very proactive of him and I appreciated it. He also asked me if I needed a front plate mount in NH (which I do) which I also felt was very detailed of him.

I asked for the following to be done before I arrive. Not sure they can do all of it but figured it doesn't hurt to ask. he responded that he would see to it that this was completed.

Truck Preparation:
  • I know I mentioned it, I think the window sticker will have my name on it, Could you ask that the window sticker not be destroyed if possible during PDI.
  • I request that no dealer advertising be added to the vehicle.
  • If weather is iffy I'd really like to be able to inspect the truck indoors when dry to make sure there are no paint defects or issues with the panel alignment.
  • For cleaning I am assuming they do not just run the truck through an automated car wash. If they do, please ask them to use a touchless wash option. I had a brand new black vehicle years ago that took 3-4 days to correct all the scratches in the paint from a dealer automated car wash...
  • Could you please ask that the tech doing the truck inspection (PDI) set all the tire pressures including the spare tire and all fluid levels since I'll be driving quite far to get home.
  • Not sure how this request can be part of PDI or if this would need to be a separate warranty service; if possible can you have the service department check the AC system and make sure the refrigerant charge is correct from the factory? I am reading online alot of the trucks are not charged correctly at the factory and AC performance is poor. Someone online took delivery last week and has the issue, he just brought the truck back in for service 1 week later. I'd prefer not to need to do that up here if possible.

Pricing & Paperwork:
As expected the numbers/pricing are somewhat different on these forms because they are organized and broken down different, but they are correct. You just have to go over it and do the math. I'll expand on the final pricing with more detail once I know this is a done deal and they process both checks, this way I share the most accurate info I can..

Up until this point Carl has been excellent. I did get a bit confused with their finance/paperwork department about one item (taxes and fees they collect for NH). Carl assisted with clarifying things for me and nothing was really wrong, just a misunderstanding on my part about this part of the process when buying out of state. - Paul G.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
They sent me many papers to sign & initial via FedEx, with a return envelope. Some pages were blank (Ie no traded in, no added accessories) but need to be initialed or signed.
Summary of each page:
- Vehicle Buyer Order (this is the paperwork with the actual dollars/numbers)
- Insurance Verification
- Maryland Lemon Law
- Conditional Delivery Agreement
- Odometer Statement
- Affiliate Rewards Pricing & Ack
- Taxes / Fees, Payoff, & Title Guarantee
- Due on deal
- Limited Power of Attorney

Once the paperwork was completed I returned it and included an additional down payment and the loan check, which total up to the final price of the vehicle on the buyer order sheet.
I did do a $500 cc deposit to order and that was reflected in the final price on the Buyer Order sheet. The two checks mailed is because I didn't want to finance the entire amount still remaining.
This paperwork could have all been done down at the dealership, but since I could not get down there until Aug 10th and the truck showed up last week he suggested they send it all up to me to review and complete before I come down there.

This does a couple of things:
1. He wanted the order to count as a July sale.
2. It lets me review it all at home and ask any questions. I didn't have much of any, and he suggested we discuss the package once I receive it, which we did.
3. Now when I come down there it should be pretty quick process:
Look at the truck make sure there are no problems. Probably get a final P&S agreement (or it will come with the title) and head out.

He also let me know the day it arrived that he would like to move the truck off site to a larger lot a few miles away, and wanted me to know up front there be a bit some miles on it because of the relocation. I thought that was very proactive of him and I appreciated it. He also asked me if I needed a front plate mount in NH (which I do) which I also felt was very detailed of him.

I asked for the following to be done before I arrive. Not sure they can do all of it but figured it doesn't hurt to ask. he responded that he would see to it that this was completed.

Truck Preparation:
  • I know I mentioned it, I think the window sticker will have my name on it, Could you ask that the window sticker not be destroyed if possible during PDI.
  • I request that no dealer advertising be added to the vehicle.
  • If weather is iffy I'd really like to be able to inspect the truck indoors when dry to make sure there are no paint defects or issues with the panel alignment.
  • For cleaning I am assuming they do not just run the truck through an automated car wash. If they do, please ask them to use a touchless wash option. I had a brand new black vehicle years ago that took 3-4 days to correct all the scratches in the paint from a dealer automated car wash...
  • Could you please ask that the tech doing the truck inspection (PDI) set all the tire pressures including the spare tire and all fluid levels since I'll be driving quite far to get home.
  • Not sure how this request can be part of PDI or if this would need to be a separate warranty service; if possible can you have the service department check the AC system and make sure the refrigerant charge is correct from the factory? I am reading online alot of the trucks are not charged correctly at the factory and AC performance is poor. Someone online took delivery last week and has the issue, he just brought the truck back in for service 1 week later. I'd prefer not to need to do that up here if possible.

Pricing & Paperwork:
As expected the numbers/pricing are somewhat different on these forms because they are organized and broken down different, but they are correct. You just have to go over it and do the math. I'll expand on the final pricing with more detail once I know this is a done deal and they process both checks, this way I share the most accurate info I can..

Up until this point Carl has been excellent. I did get a bit confused with their finance/paperwork department about one item (taxes and fees they collect for NH). Carl assisted with clarifying things for me and nothing was really wrong, just a misunderstanding on my part about this part of the process when buying out of state. - Paul G.
Thank you for a very detailed post! I'm curious though, if you're buying out of state, why do they collect NH taxes instead of your home state taxes?

Paultg

Reaction score
Thank you for a very detailed post! I'm curious though, if you're buying out of state, why do they collect NH taxes instead of your home state taxes?
That was my question and start of confusion. My home state is NH by the way so I didn't understand why the dealer was trying to collect fees that I would be paying when I register the vehcile locally in NH anyway. This is how it was explained to me:
They have had issues were buyers actually buy and export vehicles (never register them in the US, circumvent paying the proper taxes / fees)
So, they use this third party service that calculates the state fees (my calcs were wrong and low, but no big deal). They collect these fees (which I paid, did not put into my loan).
When they mail the Title/Certificate of origin to you, it will include a check for those fees made out to the local DMV (I had to make sure they make the check written out to my local town, which is who handles taxes and reg). This puts you as the buyer on the hook to register the vehicle in the US to apply the money spent towards the truck reg. I actually went to my town offices to discuss this and they said this is common, so that also made me feel a bit better.

So in my case, when I go to the town offices I will have a check from the dealer 3rd party service for $745 dollars made out to my town to put towards my town/state registration, and I will pay the difference since those fee estimates are low. It was very confusing to me but once Carl explained it I felt OK with it. It's not really something they won't do as far as I can tell.

Swampy

Reaction score
Finally made some movement:
Ordered 6/5
7/17-8/4 JB Status
8/5 - shipping status and current ETA is 08/10/2020 - 08/24/2020

What state is it getting delivered to? Mine is going to NY, ram told me it was on a truck and the dealer told me it was on a train. I also got the 2 week window, 8/3-8/17.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Finally made some movement:
Ordered 6/5
7/17-8/4 JB Status
8/5 - shipping status and current ETA is 08/10/2020 - 08/24/2020
I went into JB status the exact same day so hopefully I get out of it soon as well! Great news for you!

ABuchho

Reaction score
What state is it getting delivered to? Mine is going to NY, ram told me it was on a truck and the dealer told me it was on a train. I also got the 2 week window, 8/3-8/17.

Mine is going to MN. Dealer said it is on a train to MN then a Truck to the dealership and they expect it the last week in august

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
For those curious about 2021 production.... Just got a build date for my 2021 Limited. Ordered June 30, changed to D1 today, estimated shipping date is Sep 2.
Wow that's relatively quick for a 2021! I wonder how long it takes to build these. I thought production wouldn't start until 8.30.2020 or was that just an estimate?

tom318

Reaction score
For those curious about 2021 production.... Just got a build date for my 2021 Limited. Ordered June 30, changed to D1 today, estimated shipping date is Sep 2.

I ordered 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel on 7/24 and received VIN on Tuesday. No other info apart from still waiting for part allocation before they schedule production.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
I connected with Ram Chat today (not to be confused with Ramchat, which is apparently a band).

They gave me the line about assembling parts and awaiting production that hasn't changed in two weeks. Where are you guys getting the status codes? My order got placed July 22 and I'd be happy to have a ship date in early September.

Users who are viewing this thread