5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Paultg

Reaction score
This is my order details:
$58,035 MSRP
-$7545 dealer dis (13%)
-$580 (Tread lightly)
—————————-
$49,910
+$300 fee
-$2500 (current rebates or more if avail at time of delivery)
———————-
$47,710 OTD and could get better if rebates improve at delivery.
No sales tax where I live.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Yes. And I am waiting for the truck. If the rebates are improved when truck arrives the discount will go up. If they get worse they can have FCA honor the $2500 available at the time I ordered.
Cool, I was just making sure, think the dealership was trying to get over on me, saying they only applied if I take the Chrysler financing. I said no thats only one of three, he must have been new, the manager cleared it up also

BasicBarks

Reaction score
This is my order details:
$58,035 MSRP
-$7545 dealer dis (13%)
-$580 (Tread lightly)
—————————-
$49,910
+$300 fee
-$2500 (current rebates or more if avail at time of delivery)
———————-
$47,710 OTD and could get better if rebates improve at delivery.
No sales tax where I live.
That's on a 2020? With the 7545 off?

Paultg

Reaction score
That's on a 2020? With the 7545 off?
Yup. Didn’t even have to negotiate. Criswell dealership in Maryland. That is their standard pricing. If you aren’t too far away contact Carl. For my build the Criswell discount was double the Koons dealership discount because of the higher MSRP, plus Criswell is only $300 fee. It’s also more transparent since it works off MSRP, easy to figure that number out. Not so much with invoice.

Koons: discount only 6% below invoice now & +$799 fee
Criswell: discount is 13% off MSRP & +$300 fee

link to there spot on this webpage:

Carls contact info:
Carl Wilhelm
Criswell Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
301.748.2053-mobile/text
301.590.8426-office
email: [email protected]

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
I ordered on 6/3.. dealer said they'd give me update 2 weeks in which is next Wednesday. Will let y'all know the status code for those of you who ordered in May to gauge your order. I'm hoping I'm atleast the first planning stage and Ram has my order in the que at least...

It's about like when you pull into a Chick Fil A and there are 2 cars in line and by the time you make it around the loop into the line 10 cars appeared magically out of a black hole from another universe and order the entire menu.

Update:

Dealer texted today.

Ordered 6/3

Limited 6'4" Bed with everything + Off Road.

Truck shows as Paint Status (F) but he thinks it will show Trim (G) tomorrow am after system updates.

I was surprised I was anticipating D1 only being 2 weeks in as they told me 8-10.. hope it doesn't sit on a train for 2 weeks at the end of the process..

Sales mgr said FCA working hard to pump out orders to catch up....heaven forbid the plant shuts down again with another Covid flare up this winter...

Skater

Reaction score
Update:

Dealer texted today.

Ordered 6/3

Truck shows as Paint Status (F) but he thinks it will show Trim (G) tomorrow am after system updates.

I was surprised I was anticipating D1 only being 2 weeks in as they told me 8-10.. hope it doesn't sit on a train for 2 weeks at the end of the process..

Sales mgr said FCA working hard to pump out orders to catch up....heaven forbid the plant shuts down again with another Covid flare up this winter...
Congrats. Progress! It will be in your driveway sooner than you think.

horish

Reaction score
Ordered 5/19, all parts collected, awaiting production. Expected delivery at the end of the month. Dealer's expecting early July. Would have just bought from inventory, but man is it hard to find a Laramie with the advanced safety group without every single other option.

Laramie 1500 4x4 crew cab w/ 5'7" box
Maximum Steel
5.7L w/ ETorque
3.21 gears
Limited slip
Level 2 equipment group
Advanced Safety group
Bed utility group
20" wheels, liners, bucket seats

Trading in an '08 F150 FX4 w/ 150k miles that has served me well and still rides well. Would have went Ford again, but the design and interior of the Ram sold me. Going from a 6'4" box, but had driven 100k miles with a giant 2.5' toolbox in the bed so I don't think I'll miss the -1.5' of extra space.

Ordered: 5/19
Built: 6/20
Delivery Window: 6/22 - 7/8

Paultg

Reaction score
I just some info on my order:

Order Date: 6/17/20 (maybe, not sure exactly when dealer placed it last week).
Vin Issued as of 6/22/20

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Update:

Dealer texted today.

Ordered 6/3

Wow congratulations, I'm still sitting at D1 ordered 5/30, still no updates

RamVader

Reaction score
Wow! Once the truck eventually goes down the assembly line from D1 Status it gets built quick ( 1 Day )! Ordered my 2020 Limited 3/23. The truck recieved a VON # and a VIN # and went into D1 Status. The factory shut down days later. I checked with RAM CHAT weekly since the factory reopened with no change. My last check was Thursday 6/18 and I was told the truck was still in D1 Status. I received this text from my dealer Friday 6/19 ( See photo attached ). The truck is built and is in I status ( Final inspection ). Very impressive that FCA can build these trucks in 1 Day!

Attachments

• 2020_RAM_1500_Status_I.jpg
    2020_RAM_1500_Status_I.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 28

Skater

Reaction score
Wow! Once the truck eventually goes down the assembly line from D1 Status it gets built quick ( 1 Day )! Ordered my 2020 Limited 3/23. The truck recieved a VON # and a VIN # and went into D1 Status. The factory shut down days later. I checked with RAM CHAT weekly since the factory reopened with no change. My last check was Thursday 6/18 and I was told the truck was still in D1 Status. I received this text from my dealer Friday 6/19 ( See photo attached ). The truck is built and is in I status ( Final inspection ). Very impressive that FCA can build these trucks in 1 Day!
The technology and robotics used to build a vehicle these days is absolutely amazing. Glad to hear you are that much closer to meeting your new Ram.

I have been told (by former assembly line worker at competing plant) it takes few hours to program the assembly line to build a vehicle and identify all the parts. Then, it takes about a full shift of hours to put all the parts in the right bins in the correct order and line to be provided to the workers and used at the right time on the line. Then, it takes about two shifts (or less) to get from the start of the line until it is ready to drive off the end of the toy factory's line fully assembled. That is truly amazing.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any ETA at the dealership as of today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamVader

Reaction score
Any ETA at the dealership as of today?

They told me once it gets loaded onto a train it will take about two weeks to get to California

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
Wow congratulations, I'm still sitting at D1 ordered 5/30, still no updates

Who knows how the sausage is really made behind the scenes. I think they were trying to get one of their slated dealer trucks adjusted for my order so I'm not sure how much of a "true" order it was all the way from scratch...may have been sitting at a Pre Build stage at 80% what I wanted and they made a few adj for my order..but it still says Customer Preferred Order on the build sheet so idk... either way 8-10 weeks is now 3-4 two weeks later. If you see a FCA RAM assembly line employee buy them a beer or 6.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
The technology and robotics used to build a vehicle these days is absolutely amazing. Glad to hear you are that much closer to meeting your new Ram.

I have been told (by former assembly line worker at competing plant) it takes few hours to program the assembly line to build a vehicle and identify all the parts. Then, it takes about a full shift of hours to put all the parts in the right bins in the correct order and line to be provided to the workers and used at the right time on the line. Then, it takes about two shifts (or less) to get from the start of the line until it is ready to drive off the end of the toy factory's line fully assembled. That is truly amazing.
Dealership told me today that I have an expected ship date of the 8th also, lets see how that goes!

Skater

Reaction score
Dealership told me today that I have an expected ship date of the 8th also, lets see how that goes!
Mine is shipping to the Sonoran Desert (Phoenix). I expect it will take about 10 days to get there by rail. I will let you know when it actually ships. What city is yours shipping to?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is shipping to the Sonoran Desert (Phoenix). I expect it will take about 10 days to get there by rail. I will let you know when it actually ships. What city is yours shipping to?

MI to MD then trucked to VA

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM Cares online chat told me ETA of 6/22-7/6

Users who are viewing this thread