5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Ram_it

Reaction score
New to the forum deal....i ordered my truck a week and a half ago and i just got a vin #, how can i track it?

The easiest way to chat would be going to https://fcacommunity.force.com/Dodge/s/knowledge and clicking the chat.

A lot of people don’t like them and say just go through your dealer but they have been super helpful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Trucks been in D1 status for 2 weeks with a VIN with no movement. But still shows a projected delivery date to my dealership of 20 March. That's probably unreasonably optimistic huh? Considering I'm in AK and the truck hasn't been built yet.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Lets see:
Ordering a 2020 Ram 3500 Tradesman w/RamBox
Ordered 2/8/2020
Got VIN 2/25/2020 (approximate, dealer never called me so I needed to chase it) estimated Ship was 2/28/2020 - D1 status
2/27/2020 I poked the dealer again, since delivery was a day away, pushed back the ship date to 3/7/2020

Now I'm sitting at 3/6/2020 and they haven't pushed the ship date out again but its still in D1. Very frustrating process here.

StaceyR

Reaction score
Trucks been in D1 status for 2 weeks with a VIN with no movement. But still shows a projected delivery date to my dealership of 20 March. That's probably unreasonably optimistic huh? Considering I'm in AK and the truck hasn't been built yet.
My order date is a week later than yours. After two weeks of no contact from the dealer I tried RAM Chat and got this response:

"Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. • The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. • Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage."

Is this a normal stage of "pre-production" or am I in missing parts limbo? I got this yesterday...any chance for a west coast (Orange Co.) delivery before the end of March when Ram's National Truck Month incentive expires?

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Truck is built. KZ status. 24th of March estimated ship date. I have the build sheet and window sticker as well. We will see how long it takes to get all the way up here.

Carchibald

Reaction score
Truck is built. KZ status. 24th of March estimated ship date. I have the build sheet and window sticker as well. We will see how long it takes to get all the way up here.

That’s great Your truck is built, hopefully it doesn’t take that long to ship out to you.

Carchibald

Reaction score
That seems quite odd - that they are telling you it's shipped yet you still have no build nor window sticker available... :cautious:
So after much more of me bothering the dealer they finally sent me a screen shot of what they see, and it is not much, the scheduled shipping date in their system still shows Jan 31 2020 and they have now admitted to me that they have no idea what is going on or why. I originally thought it was the black appearance package but now see them being built for others and arriving here at dealerships. Waiting for a call on Monday, let’s see if they actually call me....

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Lets see:
Ordering a 2020 Ram 3500 Tradesman w/RamBox
Ordered 2/8/2020
Got VIN 2/25/2020 (approximate, dealer never called me so I needed to chase it) estimated Ship was 2/28/2020 - D1 status
2/27/2020 I poked the dealer again, since delivery was a day away, pushed back the ship date to 3/7/2020

Now I'm sitting at 3/6/2020 and they haven't pushed the ship date out again but its still in D1. Very frustrating process here.
Update on mine, dealership called yesterday and said it’s in paint. No updated ship date that was supposed to be yesterday.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
I'm excited to say that as per today, I am able to print my window sticker (y)(y)
The price is in CAN $, I hope it doesn't scare my American friends.
Also, I payed no where near that price!!! :cool:

Attachments

• WindowSticker 2020 RAM.pdf
    75.5 KB · Views: 35

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Update on mine, dealership called yesterday and said it’s in paint. No updated ship date that was supposed to be yesterday.
Got a call today, its in JS - shipped to storage status, but not shipping until 3/24. Config sheet or Window Sticker still isn't available.

Last edited:

TBass

Reaction score
Happy Monday! Just got news from the dealer, "The vehicle is supposed to be here no later than the 27th of march. It is built and it is just waiting to ship." It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Happy Monday! Just got news from the dealer, "The vehicle is supposed to be here no later than the 27th of march. It is built and it is just waiting to ship." It's going to be a long 3 weeks.
only took mine 5 working days once i hit that status so hopefully you see it soon!

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Mine hit KZT yesterday. We will see how long it takes.

Salt

Reaction score
That all sounds a wee bit sketchy to me.
Of course every dealership will operate differently, but here is what I have experienced:
The two times I have placed a custom order, the dealership took a personal check (at one dealership it was $1000, other was $500), they gave me a photocopy of my check, then just stapled the check to my paperwork and put it into the file with my order printout. I also received a copy of the initial order workup sheet (showing the model and the list of all the options I chose), with pricing on it, which both I and the salesman initialed. Their policy was to hold onto the check, not cash it, and when the truck arrived and I took delivery, they would tear up the check and I'd pay for the whole thing as if there had never been a deposit at all. The one time I refused delivery of the truck I ordered, they handed me back my deposit, put it on the lot, and it sold within three days (it was a beauty, nothing odd about it at all, very mainstream with a decent set of options).
If your dealership took a credit card, I would expect them to put a hold for that amount on your card, but not run it through completely. Then, cancel the hold when you pay for the truck in full, or, if you jack them around unfairly, then they would have the right to release the hold and take your $1000.
In truth, if you order a "mainstream" truck, they can sell it in a heartbeat, and if they are an above-board dealership and ultimately you decide to decline the truck, they should just refund your deposit and put your custom order on the lot. If you ordered an unusual combination or an unattractive color scheme, then I can see where they would keep your deposit, because they likely will have to discount that truck to get rid of it.
But by your description of what happened, I myself would be leery of the way that particular dealership handled it. Call around and ask the other dealerships exactly what their policies & procedure are for custom orders. If other dealerships have a more coherent, trustworthy ordering policy, cancel your existing order before it gets input to the factory system, and get a refund on your credit card.
BTW, your comment that "allocations have not opened up yet" could possibly mean that the factory is not letting that dealership order trucks at this time, for any one of multiple reasons.

Good to know. Did the Dealer give you an OTD price at time of order with a promise to drop said price contingent on additional factory incentives? Thanks...

Ericob

Reaction score
Ordered 1500 Laramie Feb 5th picked up tonight.
Level 2
5.7 etorgue
33 gal tank
Black
Night edition
12 in uconnect
Panoramic sunroof
Multi function tailgate
Bed package
Off road group
Tow package
Tonneau