5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heck, if Ilived that close, I'd try to arrange to pick it up at the factory myself ;-)
Good luck!

I would, but I am in Canada so the border is an issue I’d rather them deal with. Not sure on final pricing yet as there are a ton of discounts applied including Chrysler family discount.

Cleave

Reaction score
Update: So I finally took delivery last night... Felt like forever, but worth the wait. Ordered 12/17/19, so just about 8 weeks/ 2 months total. Could have taken it a few days earlier, but I had some delays on my end with title to my old truck being traded in.

spurious

Reaction score
Update: So I finally took delivery last night... Felt like forever, but worth the wait. Ordered 12/17/19, so just about 8 weeks/ 2 months total. Could have taken it a few days earlier, but I had some delays on my end with title to my old truck being traded in.

Congrats! Patriot blue in a long box makes it a special truck!

walexk

Reaction score
So I went from D1 on Friday to Paint on Monday and now in shipping on Wednesday. So excited but now I know there is a long wait for the delivery.

StaceyR

Reaction score
Dealers get “allocations” aka a number of cars they can order. Each OEM does it a little different, but basically, your dealer ran out of allocations, and has to wait a period of time until they can order your truck. Don’t know how long, but they do. I would ask them to either refund the deposit or guarantee an order date that you can live with.

When I ordered mine, the dealer had allocations, and the Priced Order Confirmation was in my hand two days later. That POC had the ship date estimated almost right (2 days late) but shipping was 3 days early, so 30 days order to arrival.
[/QUOTE]

Finally...8 days after agreeing to a deal and placing my deposit followed by multiple fruitless inquiries as to the status of my factory order I now have a Priced Order Confirmation. The last conversation with a manager started off with his claim that FCA wasn't accepting orders for EcoDiesels (from any dealer, not just his) and it could be anywhere from a week to a month before my order would be accepted. At that point sensing I was getting the "runaround" treatment to cover up the dealer's incompetence I threatened to cancel my order and request a refund unless I was giving a straight answer. Less than an hour later he called back to say that the FCA was now accepting orders and he had my POC in hand!

My POC shows an order number but no Estimated Ship Date. Is that typical? What is the best way to track the process leading up to delivery? Do I have to rely on the dealer with a very poor communication record or is it still possible to check on my build status directly with FCA or the factory?

I'm left happy and pissed at the same time. Over a week seeming wasted. I can only hope the rest of the purchase process goes much better!

Keezer

Reaction score
My POC shows an order number but no Estimated Ship Date. Is that typical?
This is how my POC was as well, no ship date.
What is the best way to track the process leading up to delivery?
Bug the dealer for updates (FCA communication seems worse than the bad dealer communication). I just checked for a build sheet every day, finally came up then the WS a couple days later.

Figured shipping was soon and about a week later (Feb 7 2020) dealer called saying truck would be delivered on Feb 14th 2020. Stopped by today (Feb 19 2020) and found truck is in the state (CA) but not yet at the dealer, they say this week and I'm betting next week. Bottom line was I just checked for the build sheet, didn't worry bout the dealer and they didn't seem very interested in contacting me either (twice since I ordered, once to give me VIN and the other for the estimated delivery date). Wasn't a big deal to me, it will show when it shows, but that is me.

spurious

Reaction score
This is how my POC was as well, no ship date.

Bug the dealer for updates (FCA communication seems worse than the bad dealer communication). I just checked for a build sheet every day, finally came up then the WS a couple days later.

Figured shipping was soon and about a week later (Feb 7 2020) dealer called saying truck would be delivered on Feb 14th 2020. Stopped by today (Feb 19 2020) and found truck is in the state (CA) but not yet at the dealer, they say this week and I'm betting next week. Bottom line was I just checked for the build sheet, didn't worry bout the dealer and they didn't seem very interested in contacting me either (twice since I ordered, once to give me VIN and the other for the estimated delivery date). Wasn't a big deal to me, it will show when it shows, but that is me.

Dealer just let me know my order arrived. Going in tomorrow to close the deal. Final dates for delivery to northern california.

12/20 - ordered
1/08 - no vin
1/22 - VIN and POC with ship date of 1/27
1/29 - build sheet available
2/4 - build date
2/6 - window sticker available
2/19 - arrived at dealer

Total time about 2 months.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
So I went from D1 on Friday to Paint on Monday and now in shipping on Wednesday. So excited but now I know there is a long wait for the delivery.

I'm in the same boat... my dealer keeps saying it should arrive "any day now" but it's been that way for a week. I can drive to Sterling Heights in under 5 hours, why the heck is it taking so long???

With Amazon you can track a 5 dollar shipment every step of the way, but for a fifty thousand dollar plus delivery you can't even get a delivery "window"??? So frustrating!

primetime007

Reaction score
Update: 2020 Laramie arrived at dealer yesterday :), but won't be able to pick it up until mid March or early April due to living on the other side of state and work/school related commitments :cry:

Order date: 11/26/2019
Arrival date: 2/19/2020

StaceyR

Reaction score
Update: 2020 Laramie arrived at dealer yesterday :), but won't be able to pick it up until mid March or early April due to living on the other side of state and work/school related commitments :cry:

Order date: 11/26/2019
Arrival date: 2/19/2020
Wow...that's a long wait! Any particular reason it took so long? It seems certain specific options on the build can cause long delays. I hope mine has none of those. The brown/beige Laramie interior is extremely rare here on the west coast...but maybe different elsewhere. Could that hold mine up? Dealers load up on trucks with 20" wheels and night/sport packages (don't want) to run up the price but rarely add sunroofs, air suspension or the Off Road group (which I do want). I couldn't find anything close to my order on the west coast. It'll be worth the wait.

Hamdizle

Reaction score
Ordered my bighorn crew cab 6'4" box night edition with off road group 1-29-20 . Dealer told me today the truck has been built and in transit. So I'd guess 2 weeks to dealer delivery.

walexk

Reaction score
Ordered my bighorn crew cab 6'4" box night edition with off road group 1-29-20 . Dealer told me today the truck has been built and in transit. So I'd guess 2 weeks to dealer delivery.
Mine was the exact same timing. Ordered on the 29th and it when into transit this past Wednesday. Now it us up to the rail system to get it here.

adampsmall

Reaction score
Quote Signed, Dealer Order Date: 17 Feb 2020
POC sent and VIN assigned, Status D: 18 Feb 2020 (no ship date assigned)

Hamdizle

Reaction score
Mine was the exact same timing. Ordered on the 29th and it when into transit this past Wednesday. Now it us up to the rail system to get it here.
Have faith, I'm a railroad conductor. autos are usually a priority high value load. So whatever railroad is handling the shipping moves them fast.

Kingjames

Reaction score
Well talked to dealer today. We are 2 weeks after estimated ship date of 1/31. Says its still processing. Not sure what that means. It’s been 7 week and doesn’t look like they have even started. If I find a truck that is close I might just buy that instead of the crazy waiting with no progress.

Got a call from dealer yesterday. Said it’s listed as final inspection. Any idea how much time that takes to get shipped?

primetime007

Reaction score
Wow...that's a long wait! Any particular reason it took so long? It seems certain specific options on the build can cause long delays. I hope mine has none of those. The brown/beige Laramie interior is extremely rare here on the west coast...but maybe different elsewhere. Could that hold mine up? Dealers load up on trucks with 20" wheels and night/sport packages (don't want) to run up the price but rarely add sunroofs, air suspension or the Off Road group (which I do want). I couldn't find anything close to my order on the west coast. It'll be worth the wait.

I had the bench seat instead of the center console, ORG, and didn't upgrade to 20in wheels. Otherwise idk what could've caused the long build time since I saw people that had ordered after or right before me with what seemed similar or possibly more options than my truck receive them quicker. I checked weekly and my dealer even said their rep had been giving them the run around. Hopefully yours makes it soon. I really wanted the olive green, but they made it available like 3wk after I ordered haha

Ram_it

Reaction score
1500 BIG HORN / LONESTAR CREW 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)
- “Built To Serve” edition
- 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3
-8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans (Buy-Germany)
-Diamond Black Crystal P/C
-Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
-Rear Wheelhouse Liners
-Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
-Trailer Tow Group
-3.8 Additional Gallons of Diesel
-Easy Order
-Sold Vehicle

Ordered- 12/28/19
VIN - 1/3/20
D1 - 1/11/20
On 1/21/20 I was told- showing that the parts have arrived for your build and the build week is 1/27/20. So you vehicle should start the build sometime during that week.
Back to D- 2/5/20
D1 yet again- 2/13/20
Contacted Ram last night and told still in D1- your Ram has received parts and was added to the queue for the manufacturing lineup, once enough vehicles are built and your number comes up it should begin the build process. it looks like it would still be within normal guidelines for manufacture though, normally we see an order take 7-9 weeks through the entire process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walexk

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a window sticker show up, the truck is showing as if it is inventory at the dealer, RamChat has stated that it is due to be delivered between 2/20 and 3/5 and just tonight, the window sticker disappeared and can't be viewed any longer. It used to show up on the dealer's site as well but it is gone from there too. Weird.

Mutley

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a window sticker show up, the truck is showing as if it is inventory at the dealer, RamChat has stated that it is due to be delivered between 2/20 and 3/5 and just tonight, the window sticker disappeared and can't be viewed any longer. It used to show up on the dealer's site as well but it is gone from there too. Weird.
I had a similar thing happen. The Window Sticker is no longer posted on the Chrysler website. My ETA is exactly 2/20 and 3/5. Are you in Florida? My dealership is in Melbourne FL. I’m hoping to take delivery before 3/2 so I can get the additional $3000 rebate from Chrysler as part of the President’s Day sale.

Users who are viewing this thread