5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Ram_it

Reaction score
My truck is still sitting at “pre production “ what ever that means. I ordered the truck on 12/28, nothing to crazy just the eco diesel, “built to serve” edition, rear wheel well housing, bighorn level 2 equipment, and the blind spot/cross path indicator. I’m hoping I hear something soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
My truck is still sitting at “pre production “ what ever that means. I ordered the truck on 12/28, nothing to crazy just the eco diesel, “built to serve” edition, rear wheel well housing, bighorn level 2 equipment, and the blind spot/cross path indicator. I’m hoping I hear something soon

The "built to serve" is a nice looking package. What color did you go for?

BTK20

Reaction score
Well, I ordered my truck on 1/17. Was told I should have a VIN within 24-48 hours... 3 weeks later, no VIN. I'm a pretty chill kinda guy and don't get worked up too often, but this is irritating. Emailed my salesman Friday to express my concerns. He says he has escalated the issue and will get back to me today. He has been very responsive thus far, so we shall see....

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I ordered my truck on 1/17. Was told I should have a VIN within 24-48 hours... 3 weeks later, no VIN. I'm a pretty chill kinda guy and don't get worked up too often, but this is irritating. Emailed my salesman Friday to express my concerns. He says he has escalated the issue and will get back to me today. He has been very responsive thus far, so we shall see....
Doesn’t sound right. Ask for a copy of the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) - if they can’t produce it, they haven’t finished the order.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Woohooo! Both my build sheet and window sticker became available today (I have been checking daily for the past week). Here is my update:

Jan 16th - Order placed
Jan 22nd - NO VIN yet (according to dealer)
Jan 29th - VIN issued
Feb 10th - Build Sheet and Window Sticker available online

Build Sheet

Window Sticker

Reactions: cj7

Todd1500

Reaction score
Wednesday, RAM told me it was in paint. Today, my dealer said it was awaiting "Final Inspection", afterwich it would be heading somewhere else to get some of the off-road package components installed. He's estimating end of the month for mine to be delivered.

He said there were several plant shut downs since I ordered mine and that there was a delay in getting all the Night Edition parts since it was released, but not ready for production. Not sure I understand that last comment since there were Night Edition Laramies on his lot prior to me ordering mine.
My window sticker became available this morning as well.

I think someone posted on here that it becomes available once the truck is finished. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score

I think someone posted on here that it becomes available once the truck is finished. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If you’ve got your window sticker, your truck is assembled and complete. And if not already shipped out, it’s getting ready for shipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cleave

Reaction score

Congrats guys. I know some of you have had some really long wait times, especially with that January shutdown. I'm hoping mine will reach the dealership this week. It's been unloaded at a railyard in a neighboring state.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Congrats guys. I know some of you have had some really long wait times, especially with that January shutdown. I'm hoping mine will reach the dealership this week. It's been unloaded at a railyard in a neighboring state.
Thanks.

It may have already been said in here, but how are you tracking your truck's shipment?

Ram_it

Reaction score
I’m jealous of everyone that got their window stickers but congrats guys .Hopefully someday I will be able to get my truck completed . I’m wondering if it’s because I ordered the eco diesel that’s making it take so long

Todd1500

Reaction score
I’m jealous of everyone that got their window stickers but congrats guys .Hopefully someday I will be able to get my truck completed . I’m wondering if it’s because I ordered the eco diesel that’s making it take so long

Did you see this article?

Seems like all of those models took a little extra time. Plus, you ordered right before the factory shutdown.

My dealer told me mine was delayed due to being a new package. I think that is behind your delay. Even so, not too bad. I ordered mine 13 weeks ago and finally got my window sticker today.

Mlibertini

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on 1/14. Got vin and von the next day. Sat in D status until today 2/10. Being told from ram chat that the truck is built and awaiting additional options to be installed. They do not have status code as they said they cannot access build codes anymore. Any idea where I am at? D1? I ask the dealer and they say “gatelined to be built”.

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
I just ordered on Wednesday night, January 29th. I did order the multi function gate so hoping that doesn't slow me down too much. Haven't heard from the dealer if there is a VIN as of yet but will check in next week.
I ordered my truck on January 31st 2020, my sales rep contacted me today, and indicated I've been issued a VIN. Is that the average wait times... 10 days for a VIN?
Either way, super excited :D:eek:

Murph20047

Reaction score
Woohooo! Both my build sheet and window sticker became available today (I have been checking daily for the past week). Here is my update:

Jan 16th - Order placed
Jan 22nd - NO VIN yet (according to dealer)
Jan 29th - VIN issued
Feb 10th - Build Sheet and Window Sticker available online

Build Sheet

Window Sticker
How do you get the window sticker? I’ve asked Ram chat and they just send me the build sheet.

Keezer

Reaction score
1st post, add to the data.

Ordered Laramie CC 4x4 NE 6.4 box, 5.7 eTorque, BUG, Lvl 2, Advanced Safety and Protection groups, Pano, 33 gallon tank, Anti slip (included with NE), 12.0 UC, Crystal Granite, 3.21, etc.

Order date 12/20/19
Dealer text VIN 12/27/19 and no more dealer contact till a call on 2/7/20
Build sheet came up 1/29/20
Window sticker 2/1/20
Contact from dealer 2/7/20 saying on train and should arrive at dealer on or about 2/14/20

Last edited:

Ram_it

Reaction score
FYSA,
Ram updated their systems and no longer apply a letter code to the status of the manufacturing of your order.

Carchibald

Reaction score
1st post, add to the data.

Ordered Laramie CC 4x4 NE 6.4 box, 5.7 eTorque, BUG, Lvl 2, Advanced Safety and Protection groups, Pano, 33 gallon tank, Anti slip (included with NE), 12.0 UC, Crystal Granite, 3.21, etc.

Order date 12/20/19
Dealer text VIN 12/27/19 and no more dealer contact till a call on 2/7/20
Build sheet came up 1/29/20
Window sticker 2/1/20
Contact from dealer 2/7/20 saying on train and should arrive at dealer on or about 2/14/20
Just got a call from the dealer sales manager telling me that my truck status is now changed to shipping, but he can’t tell me anything else. Still not able to pull a build sheet though?
Since the plant is only a three hour drive away from here hopefully I will see it soon

Users who are viewing this thread