5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cleave

Reaction score
I just got a copy of the POC from my dealer showing my order for a hemi rebel is in D1 with an estimated ship date of 1/27. I ordered on 12/20.

I was under the impression from reading this thread that to go from D1 to shipping was a few weeks at minimum so I’m a bit skeptical it would actual ship in 5 days given the factory ramp up starting today. Either way it looks like late february early march for me at the latest, I hope.

I ordered 12/17 and was given est. ship date of 1/28, so that's very similar. Tough to see the status unchanged for close to 4 weeks, but hopefully this "ramp up" will have things moving now.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Interesting that you guys were given ship dates when I was given a build date (D1).

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So here's 100% verified what's going on at the plant. I know this because I'm in Michigan a few miles from the plant and I currently have colleagues in that plant doing work. The plant stopped production on the 28th of Dec. to re-tool for the TRX program. Production restarted today. Things should start flowing again and I'm sure there's three shifts going full tilt. My order has been in D1 for a long time and scheduled for delivery by the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

stupid question: I’ve seen window stickers with production dates of 1230 - if the plant shutdown two days earlier, what does the window sticker production date mean?

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
12/11/19: order
12/12/19: VIN, D status
12/19: D1 status
12/27: Stage F
1/13: Still F - Paint stage, Escalation case opened.
somewhere between 1/13 - 1/20: Stage G
1/20: KZ
1/21: ALLEGEDLY Shipped to me in Massachusetts.
1/22: Sticker Available online now.

2020 Longhorn Pear White w/Eco-diesel - every option loaded under the sun EXCEPT Rambox and Air suspension.

Last edited:

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12/11/19: order
12/12/19: VIN, D status
12/19: D1 status
12/27: Stage F
1/13: Still F - Paint stage, Escalation case opened.
somewhere between 1/13 - 1/20: Stage G
1/20: KZ
1/21: ALLEGEDLY Shipped to me in Massachusetts. Still cannot pull the window sticker using following link:

2020 Longhorn Pear White w/Eco-diesel - every option loaded under the sun EXCEPT Rambox and Air suspension.

Guess the delay in your build is consistent with a 12/28-1/19 plant shutdown.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So here's 100% verified what's going on at the plant. I know this because I'm in Michigan a few miles from the plant and I currently have colleagues in that plant doing work. The plant stopped production on the 28th of Dec. to re-tool for the TRX program. Production restarted today. Things should start flowing again and I'm sure there's three shifts going full tilt. My order has been in D1 for a long time and scheduled for delivery by the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

Can you ask your colleagues if this means that orders placed in late Dec/early Jan are going to take extra long?

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Order 2020 Ram 2500 4x4 Hemi 01/16/2020. Got the VIN today with estimated ship date of 02/10/2020. Status D1.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Ordered mine 1/10 and just got a VIN today. Had no idea the plant was idle until 1/19. Oh well - I'm in no hurry, other than the excitement to meet the young buck.

Ram_it

Reaction score
Where does everyone find the estimated ship date? I have only been able to get the status of my order (placed 12/29/20 currently sitting D1). I have asked the Ram chat about it and they said they wouldn’t get any ship date until it’s sitting KZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurious

Reaction score
Where does everyone find the estimated ship date? I have only been able to get the status of my order (placed 12/29/20 currently sitting D1). I have asked the Ram chat about it and they said they wouldn’t get any ship date until it’s sitting KZ

My dealer sent a copy of the priced order confirmation (POC). They should be able to get you estimated ship date from it if you are in D1. Though I’m not sure if thats accurate eatimate and maybe why you cant get a date.

My poc says for status:
‘D1 - Gateline plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned’

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The folks at RAM chat have a limited, simplified system, and don’t get all the info. As said, the dealer has access to a little more, so they would be the source.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Check with the dealer today. If it’s not D1 by now, find out if they placed the order as Sold Order priority. If not, may take longer. If it was, have them open a case.

I received an update from my dealer today, the order was submitted as a 'sold order' and is in D1, no ETA on the ship date though.

Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: cj7

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
How accurate has anyone's information from Ram Chat been?
Ordered truck on 1/8/20.
I've been checking status on it once a week since then..
Ever since 1/15/20 its been D1 status.
Checked back on it again today, and same thing. They keep saying all parts have arrived, its ready to enter build process, etc.
They also tell me they cannot give me any build date or ship date ETA, as its not available to them and they can't get that info, and to get with dealer on that.
So I just contacted my dealer, and they send over screenshots of what they see on their system, and its showing a scheduled ship date of 1/29/20!
They clearly are not going to build a truck in one day and ship it the next.
So, I'm a bit confused and not sure who has the more reliable info regarding new builds.

Cleave

Reaction score
Ordered truck on 1/8/20.
Checked back on it again today, and same thing. They keep saying all parts have arrived, its ready to enter build process, etc.
They also tell me they cannot give me any build date or ship date ETA, as its not available to them and they can't get that info, and to get with dealer on that.
So I just contacted my dealer, and they send over screenshots of what they see on their system, and its showing a scheduled ship date of 1/29/20!
So, I'm a bit confused and not sure who has the more reliable info regarding new builds.

I feel your pain... Very frustrating. I don't know that they can provide any info until someone else has updated the status change. Today is my estimated ship date originally given from dealership when the VIN was assigned on 12/30/19. Still at D1 status as per RAM CHAT....

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered truck on 1/8/20.

When you get a chance, go to the website (add your VIN at the end)
and keep checking to see if you get anything other than "No records found".
When you see your build info, your truck is built...
From what I've seen, the sticker is usually printed/available the last day of the build, but can be delayed up to 2 days.

But in the mean time, I'd trust the dealer over Chat - Chat told me they no longer get build status codes, or any useful details.
I bet your truck is going thru final assembly as we speak...

Last edited:

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score
I was finally told on chat that my truck went to D-1 5 days ago. Hopefully it won't be toooo much longer before I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread