5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

RamLink83

Reaction score
So my 2020 Ram Bighorn Quad Cab 4x4 finally came in last week on December 24th. Didn't think it would arrive before the new year. Sticker price was $51,115. With rebates and employee pricing, went down to about $42,300 before taxes. I also got a 8 year, 60,000 Max Care warranty for $1075. All in all I think I did alright. One thing that sucked was that I had $1500 in TDMs that I could not use because they were not compatible with the employee pricing event.

Kingjames

Reaction score
Ordered a 2020 Ram rebel on 12/27/19.
Eco Diesel, Equipment level 2, Rebel 12, Ram Boxes, MFT, Side Steps, Bed Cover, Pano Sunroof and Black out package
Dealer gave me employee pricing even though it would be over when it came in. Still haven’t received any updates as of yet.

Last edited:

Cleave

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab on 12/17/19. I received word from the Dealer or 12/30/19 that I had been assigned a VIN. He gave an estimated ship date of 1/28/20. Same day, I did a live chat with RAM customer care, and an agent showed the VIN at D1 status.

Reactions: Doc

TruckeeTahoe

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab on 12/17/19. I received word from the Dealer or 12/30/19 that I had been assigned a VIN. He gave an estimated ship date of 1/28/20. Same day, I did a live chat with RAM customer care, and an agent showed the VIN at D1 status.
I ordered 12/24 so really hoping to see a VIN soon. I didn't think I would care on timing but it turns out I do. I think it because they sold my car during a dealer trade so went went from not caring on timing to thinking I was picking up a truck on 12/19 to ordering.

jag182

Reaction score
Ordered 12-4. Been in D1 status since 12-20. I live a few miles from plant. Maybe I should stop by and see what’s going on. I have a friend who works at the classic Ram plant and he is friends with the scheduling guy. He had his dad‘s classic Ram built and delivered to the dealer within 4 days from the time it was ordered. Too bad he’s not working at the new Ram plant to help me out. 4 days is pretty impressive

Carchibald

Reaction score
Ordered Rebel Ecodiesel December 21st at the dealer have heard nothing yet. Was told 4 to 6 wee at that time so next week I will be calling form some kind of an update.

Cleave

Reaction score
Ordered 12-4. Been in D1 status since 12-20. I live a few miles from plant. Maybe I should stop by and see what’s going on. I have a friend who works at the classic Ram plant and he is friends with the scheduling guy. He had his dad‘s classic Ram built and delivered to the dealer within 4 days from the time it was ordered. Too bad he’s not working at the new Ram plant to help me out. 4 days is pretty impressive
That is impressive! Wish I knew someone with that kind of pull! I wonder how much the holiday season and new year plays into effect. Right before ordering in Dec., I was in conversations with two Dealerships. The one I did not go with, stated it would be good to get the order in in early December because the plant shuts down for some time in January. I have no idea if there's any truth to that statement. Every salesman gave me a varying estimate of wait time. Anywhere between 6-8 or 10-12 weeks. Then in the next breath, he said he'd seen them come in as quick as 4-5. I'm in NY, though maybe that doesn't matter at all.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Ok. I ordered a Laramie on 11/9/2019. I received the VIN# on 11/13/2019. I was told by the dealer it would take 4-5 weeks. I took that with a grain of salt since another dealer had quoted me 4-6 weeks. After 5 weeks, I started asking the dealer about it and they just said that it was in "D" status. So I contacted RAM and didn't get much further at that time. On December 27th, RAM "escelated" my case. I first heard from RAM's "Information Team" on December 30th. I'm now sitting here on January 10th and my truck is still in "D" status. RAM's "Information Team" apparently has no "information" on what's taking so long. This is my first Chrystler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM experience and I would say it has not been positive.

I ordered my 2020 1500 with the following options:

Granite Crystal Metallic
ORP
Night Edition
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Trailer Brake Control
Uconnect 12.0
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
33 Gallon Tank
3.92 Rear Axle
Dual-Pain Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Safety Group
Dual Function Tailgate
Laramie Level 2 Equipment Group
Bed Utility Group
Front and rear rubber floor mats

The delay could be anything. But the truck is a bit of a unicorn with the ORP on a Night Edition. Those are hard to find. But there is no shortage of Night Edition trucks or ORP trucks. Just unusual on the same truck. My buddy has a 2019 eTorque that failed and it's been in the shop for 7+ weeks. So maybe that's where the production bottleneck is?

Kingjames

Reaction score
Ordered a 2020 Ram rebel on 12/27/19.
Eco Diesel, Equipment level 2, Rebel 12, Ram Boxes, MFT, Side Steps, Bed Cover, Pano Sunroof and Black out package
Dealer gave me employee pricing even though it would be over when it came in. Still haven’t received any updates as of yet.
As of 1/16/20 I still have no info. Reached out to the dealer and don’t even have a VIN even though we are almost 3 weeks later. The wait is painful!

Trich_Rebel

Reaction score
As of 1/16/20 I still have no info. Reached out to the dealer and don’t even have a VIN even though we are almost 3 weeks later. The wait is painful!
That seems a bit ridiculous to at least not even have a VIN issued. Are you getting updates only through your dealer, or online too? I ordered a Rebel on 1/8/20, and as of yesterday when I checked there was a VIN issued, and it was heading into build stage. It may have happened earlier than yesterday, but I told myself I would just do weekly check ups on it. (Because I would love to check on it daily)

Cleave

Reaction score

The wait is painful. I've been checking on almost a daily basis. At first I felt guilty, like I'm a bother, but who cares. Paying good money to order these trucks right? Anyway, I feel like you're at the mercy of the agent you speak with/ chat with. Even though my D1 status is unchanged in almost 3 weeks, sometimes you get a little more info each time. Recently, an agent stated the truck could stay in that status for 3 weeks. Yesterday and agent told me the truck has a scheduled build week of 1/27/20. So, it's like little bits of info. are released at different points.

Todd1500

Reaction score
When I ordered mine, I ordered it on a Saturday and had a VIN# by Tuesday.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Also, I've been asked by the RAM people multiple times if my truck has the Eco Diesel, because it sounds like that engine platform is causing long delays. Mine doesn't, but I'm up to nearly 10 weeks since I ordered.

Carchibald

Reaction score
How do you track it online, I have only been told a VIN was issued by my dealer but no build date scheduled yet. It has been almost a month you would think they would be able to at least give some sort of ETA.

Todd1500

Reaction score
How do you track it online, I have only been told a VIN was issued by my dealer but no build date scheduled yet. It has been almost a month you would think they would be able to at least give some sort of ETA.
The only way to track it online is to contact RAM through the chat function on their website or you can call them. You'll need your VIN# for them to look it up. I've been waiting for almost 2.5 months and they can't give me an ETA. Can't even tell me when they're going to start building it. RAM told me it should be delivered in a maximum of 10-12 weeks. Looking like in my case they're going to blow through the back end of that estimate.

Carchibald

Reaction score
The only way to track it online is to contact RAM through the chat function on their website or you can call them. You'll need your VIN# for them to look it up. I've been waiting for almost 2.5 months and they can't give me an ETA. Can't even tell me when they're going to start building it. RAM told me it should be delivered in a maximum of 10-12 weeks. Looking like in my case they're going to blow through the back end of that estimate.
WOW that sucks what options did you order, was yours an eco diesel? I would have thought that special order trucks already sold would get inline ahead of dealer stock trucks. 2.5 Months seems pretty ridiculous

Todd1500

Reaction score
WOW that sucks what options did you order, was yours an eco diesel? I would have thought that special order trucks already sold would get inline ahead of dealer stock trucks. 2.5 Months seems pretty ridiculous
Yep. I'm pretty frustrated. I ordered a pretty much a loaded Laramie 1500 Crew Cab:

Granite Crystal Metallic
ORP
Night Edition
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Trailer Brake Control
Uconnect 12.0
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
33 Gallon Tank
3.92 Rear Axle
Advanced Safety Group
Dual Function Tailgate
Bed Utility Group

Carchibald

Reaction score
Yep. I'm pretty frustrated. I ordered a pretty much a loaded Laramie 1500 Crew Cab:

Granite Crystal Metallic
ORP
Night Edition
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Trailer Brake Control
Uconnect 12.0
Rear Wheelhouse Liner
33 Gallon Tank
3.92 Rear Axle
Advanced Safety Group
Dual Function Tailgate
Bed Utility Group
I think I read in here somewhere that others are waiting due to the multi function tailgate. I am going to get my VIN from the dealer tomorrow and see what I can find out from Ram. I don’t have the multi function tailgate so It will be interesting what I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread