5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Todd1500

Reaction score
Yep. I saw someone comment that the multi function tailgate was causing some delays. not sure who said that or if they got their truck yet.

Good luck! Let us know what you hear.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
I think I read in here somewhere that others are waiting due to the multi function tailgate. I am going to get my VIN from the dealer tomorrow and see what I can find out from Ram. I don’t have the multi function tailgate so It will be interesting what I find out.

I ordered my fully loaded Laramie on 11/18 (build attached). As of today my build is still in D status, so the materials are there but has not started the build process.

Attachments

• Ram_1500_Laramie.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

Todd1500

Reaction score
I ordered my fully loaded Laramie on 11/18 (build attached). As of today my build is still in D status, so the materials are there but has not started the build process.
Very similar to mine. You ordered a few things mine doesn't have: 4'corner air suspension, RamBox, power running boards and the 22" wheels. I ordered the Off-Road Group, which changes the wheels and adds hill descent control and a 1" lift compared to yours. I ordered mine 9 days before you, so given the similarity and identical colors, they'll probably roll down the assembly line at the same time.

BTK20

Reaction score
Just put down a deposit and ordered a Limited Black Appearance Package yesterday. Was told by the guy who places all their 1500 orders that the plant is shut down until the beginning of February. He speculated that they were holding off until dealer inventory went down.

Carchibald

Reaction score
Just put down a deposit and ordered a Limited Black Appearance Package yesterday. Was told by the guy who places all their 1500 orders that the plant is shut down until the beginning of February. He speculated that they were holding off until dealer inventory went down.
What did he give you for a lead time then?

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score

Well that would certainly suck and make little sense from a business perspective. Why would the factory not focus on custom orders considering they are already contracted for sale?

It looks like Ram is brought back buyer incentives: https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUT202020DT6H41A. I didn't see any listed ay the beginning of the month so maybe they are making a push to clear inventory.

BTK20

Reaction score
Well that would certainly suck and make little sense from a business perspective. Why would the factory not focus on custom orders considering they are already contracted for sale?

It looks like Ram is brought back buyer incentives: https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUT202020DT6H41A. I didn't see any listed ay the beginning of the month so maybe they are making a push to clear inventory.

It is probably not worth running the whole plant just for custom orders. Once the begin production again, they work them in on the line.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I think that dealer might have been confused about the plant shut-down. The Chrysler Belvidere plant is shut down from the 13th to the 27th to "align production with demand" according to Chrysler. The disconnect here is that the Sterling Heights plant is where the Ram 1500 DT is built. The Belvidere plant manufactures the Cherokee.

Kingjames

Reaction score
Ordered a 2020 Ram rebel on 12/27/19.
Eco Diesel, Equipment level 2, Rebel 12, Ram Boxes, MFT, Side Steps, Bed Cover, Pano Sunroof and Black out package
Dealer gave me employee pricing even though it would be over when it came in. Still haven’t received any updates as of yet.
Just heard from the dealer. Expected ship date of 1/31/20. Hope it comes early!

Cleave

Reaction score
Just heard from the dealer. Expected ship date of 1/31/20. Hope it comes early!

Nice! Fingers crossed. I was given an approximate ship date of 1/28/20 for my 12/17/19 order. I was also told by a salesman that the plant shuts down in January, but I had no way of knowing If that’s accurate. I was still in D1 status as of this last Friday 1/17. I suppose when the build actually begins it moves fairly quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhoyt01

Reaction score
I think that dealer might have been confused about the plant shut-down. The Chrysler Belvidere plant is shut down from the 13th to the 27th to "align production with demand" according to Chrysler. The disconnect here is that the Sterling Heights plant is where the Ram 1500 DT is built. The Belvidere plant manufactures the Cherokee.
The fact everyone is forgetting is salesman are wrong about 99% of the time they speak. Tons of people on this forum alone have build and ship dates in January. That aside, they're selling a million trucks a year, that factory isn't shut down.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
The Sterling Heights plant was shut down from Jan. 2 - Jan 22. I read somewhere that it was for re-tooling, allegedly for the new TRX, which is supposed to start production later this year.

jag182

Reaction score
So here's 100% verified what's going on at the plant. I know this because I'm in Michigan a few miles from the plant and I currently have colleagues in that plant doing work. The plant stopped production on the 28th of Dec. to re-tool for the TRX program. Production restarted today. Things should start flowing again and I'm sure there's three shifts going full tilt. My order has been in D1 for a long time and scheduled for delivery by the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

TruckeeTahoe

Reaction score
So here's 100% verified what's going on at the plant. I know this because I'm in Michigan a few miles from the plant and I currently have colleagues in that plant doing work. The plant stopped production on the 28th of Dec. to re-tool for the TRX program. Production restarted today. Things should start flowing again and I'm sure there's three shifts going full tilt. My order has been in D1 for a long time and scheduled for delivery by the end of this month. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update, I just did a Ram chat and they "didn't know" about the factory being down. I have a VIN but no D date as of this AM. Hopefully soon.

Pro-Hunt

Reaction score

This would explain why the truck I ordered on December 9th is still D status. Hopefully things start moving now and I eventually get my truck.

Meglomachinist

Reaction score
Ordered my truck sat, 1500 crew cab ecodiesel 4x4. Just got my vin this morning from the dealer with a note saying scheduled for production. Hoping to get it soon. When I bought it they quoted 2 to 3 months leadtime, but that was coming from a sales guy.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 11/9/19. I finally got a build date for mine scheduled for the week of 2/3/20. They're telling me about 2 weeks to build, then it would need to be shipped. So I'm guessing late February early March for mine. Close to 4 months. Crazy. I'm guessing that factory shutdown didn't help me, so new orders shouldn't take that long.

spurious

Reaction score
I just got a copy of the POC from my dealer showing my order for a hemi rebel is in D1 with an estimated ship date of 1/27. I ordered on 12/20.

I was under the impression from reading this thread that to go from D1 to shipping was a few weeks at minimum so I’m a bit skeptical it would actual ship in 5 days given the factory ramp up starting today. Either way it looks like late february early march for me at the latest, I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/