5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

tyresmoker

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 Limited with ecodiesel, ramboxes, MFT on 10-14-19 from a local dealer in northeast WI and was told this week it was in D status (still no VIN). They hoped I would receive it by the end of the year. Just wondering why the big difference in delivery times? Does anyone know if different dealers have priority order status etc? I am not sure when the dealer placed the order.
Any updates on yours? I ordered mine four weeks ago and am still in "D" status as of yesterday. I ordered a diesel Limited with every option except ramboxes.

RamDaily2020

Reaction score
Any updates on yours? I ordered mine four weeks ago and am still in "D" status as of yesterday. I ordered a diesel Limited with every option except ramboxes.

I wonder if it has to do with the diesel engine. I ordered my Sport v8 on Nov 22 and I saw that the window sticker was available yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamDaily2020

Reaction score
Ram Sport 2020 5.8L v8
Ordered - Nov 22
VIN - Nov 25
D1 Status - Dec 2
Window Sticker Available - Dec 7
Dealer Pre Invoiced - Dec 9
Expected at Dealership - Dec 19 (subject to weather)

CHIC

Reaction score
I guess I can finally add to this thread!

2020 Rebel 5.7L eTorque

10/25 - Ordered
11/12 - Build
11/13 - Scheduled to ship
11/18 - KZ status
11/21 - Delivered to Dealer
11/29 - Purchased and drove home

Not to bad...a little over a month. My mustang took 3 months to get in when I ordered that (20 years ago).

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Ram Sport 2020 5.8L v8
Ordered - Nov 22
VIN - Nov 25
D1 Status - Dec 2
Window Sticker Available - Dec 7
Dealer Pre Invoiced - Dec 9
Expected at Dealership - Dec 19 (subject to weather)
They putting a Windsor or Cleveland in that rig?

supercanadian

Reaction score
Hi Folks, i am in canada...i know hard to tell based on my name. I just got my VIN from my 2020 limited order...is there a website i can track it online? i went through this thread but it is pretty long!

SAURKRT

Reaction score
I just got my VIN from my 2020 limited order...is there a website i can track it online?

Congrats!

There is no website as far as I know.

Dealers have the ability to submit an email address to FCA and that address will get updates at various stages. Our dealer stopped inputting customer emails because they seemed to be more frustrated by unclear stages and/or "delays" in others.

CKSlack

Reaction score
I didn't want to hound my dealer too often, I've checked in with him a couple times. I've been pinging the online people from ramtrucks.com once or twice a week. it's a mixed bag - sometimes you get someone very helpful, sometimes not so much. The canned response they'd been giving me changed a bit on mon or tues - the person I got today confirmed that I've been in D1 for a week.

"All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Vehicle can stay in the current stage for a total of 30 days maximum it has been 7 days in this stage currently."

I assume this means that every part for my build is sitting in a warehouse, (and potentially tagged for my vehicle?) now it is just waiting for the day or two run when the facility decides to build black Laramies.
I hound the ram chat every other day... Like you said... somedays you get a good one that will give you good updated codes and then other days they just say contact your dealer....

CKSlack

Reaction score
2020 Limited Loaded ED

11/11- Ordered
11/14 - Pending Build
11/20 - VON and VIN D1 sequenced for production
12/2 - KZ status
12/10 ---- Estimated Ship date 12/9 - 12/23
??/??- Delivered to Dealer
??/??- Purchased and drove home

supercanadian

Reaction score
Thanks! Super pumped
Congrats!

There is no website as far as I know.

Dealers have the ability to submit an email address to FCA and that address will get updates at various stages. Our dealer stopped inputting customer emails because they seemed to be more frustrated by unclear stages and/or "delays" in others.

Thank you. Super pumped to get the truck and experience my first Ram. The entire was so nice I had to pull the trigger on ordering my build.

2020 Limited
black appearance
5.7 without etorgue!
3.92 gears
pano
hitch
anti spin diff
level 1 group
bed utility group

tyresmoker

Reaction score
2020 Limited Loaded ED

11/11- Ordered
11/14 - Pending Build
12/2 - KZ status
Serious? that is great! I ordered mine on 11/9 and am still K status.
I have a feeling that something on my order is under constraint. Did you get the multi function tailgate?

tyresmoker

Reaction score
2020 Limited Loaded ED

11/11- Ordered
11/14 - Pending Build
12/2 - KZ status
Just found out I am D1 status with an estimated ship date of 12/16.

CKSlack

Reaction score
Just found out I am D1 status with an estimated ship date of 12/16.
Just found out yesterday that mine is in Mass at a rail yard. Dealer has hot tagged it for delivery... whatever hot tag means.. but its sounds good.. :) My dealer said I should be taking delivery early next week. I'll be sure to post feedback as I work through this last step.

All the best ! ! !

HST

Reaction score
2020 ram limited ORG ordered 10/7 suppose to be in Orlando train yard on 12/17 .
We will see how long it takes to get to the dealer .

Gary29

Reaction score
Mine was D status with no information. The monday after Thanksgiving I finally got a call saying it was built and waiting to be shipped to the dealer. I received a call on tuesday that it was in and already prepped at the dealer. I will be picking it up on Thursday the 19th since it is the first day that works. I finally got the VIN number and looked up the 10 page build sheet and everything looks good. I was worried about some items being on or left off. I can't wait!

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Just found out yesterday that mine is in Mass at a rail yard. Dealer has hot tagged it for delivery... whatever hot tag means.. but its sounds good.. :) My dealer said I should be taking delivery early next week. I'll be sure to post feedback as I work through this last step.

All the best ! ! !
Thats's great! I am actually in CT. My fingers are crossed that I get it by the end of the year.

Gary29

Reaction score
Thats's great! I am actually in CT. My fingers are crossed that I get it by the end of the year.
That is what the dealer told me also that he hoped I would get it by the end of the year. Instead I received a great christmas present. Now I don't want to drive it on these crappy, slushy, salt covered roads and have to wait for it to get rust proofed.

CKSlack

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 11/11/19 and I would be that yours would hit the same rail yard in East Brookfield, MA

All the best

Users who are viewing this thread