5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I had this posted in the other thread but I placed my order on 9/11, I went to D1 Status on 9/16, I went to KZ status on 9/29 and the truck is already at the dealer today, 10/2! Picking it up tomorrow after they go through setup! Dealer said it was the second fastest he has even seen a truck go from order to dealer. Super stoked.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I had this posted in the other thread but I placed my order on 9/11, I went to D1 Status on 9/16, I went to KZ status on 9/29 and the truck is already at the dealer today, 10/2! Picking it up tomorrow after they go through setup! Dealer said it was the second fastest he has even seen a truck go from order to dealer. Super stoked.
Great news. Living so close to MI certainly aided your cause in shipping time. Mine was ordered on 7-25 and delivered on 9-24. Enjoy you new truck!

Jim L

Reaction score
Ordered my 2020 laramie sport 9 sep. dealer just called and said it is in town sitting on rail car. That is much faster than I anticipated.

Jim L

Reaction score
Actually fine with that as i will be out of town next week anyway. Did you and your dealer already have deal in place before ordering? Mine just ordered it and said if i did not buy it they would have no problem during the year selling it. If the deal is not fair i have no problem walking away but so far dealer has been very good to work with. Actually dealing with a manager and not salesman

Big Bert

Reaction score
Ram is building trucks super fast at the moment 2020. Rebel

Ordered 9/13
D0 9/16
Build date 9/29
Arrived at dealer 10/4

Side note: ordered from forum sponsor Criswell in Maryland. Very good price.....great communication at each stage. Even sent pictures upon arrival. Carl Wilhelm knows Ram well.

Will comment on delivery experience when I pick up. So far perfect transaction.

Jdn609

Reaction score
Should I be worried at the “speed” at which my truck was built??? Good sign or bad sign? My hope is good that all went smoothly without issue...fingers crossed! I was told 6-12 weeks from order to delivery to dealership by Ram Care... it’s only been 3 weeks.....

Ordered 9/18
D1 10/2
KZ Shipping (no date specified) 10/4

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score

"Speed" of order may not be related to quality -- either if it is fast or slow. Maybe your order of paint color and options happen to fit a slot that was already programmed. You just have to wait and check it out. Go to Get Your Build Sheet and enter your VIN and see that it was built in the way you ordered it. Worrying will only diminish your enjoyment of having a new truck. As you drive it you will encounter what needs to be fixed under warranty -- there will most likely be something. A lot of the assembly work is done by robots, but the QA/QC is still done by humans. You don't indicate where you are located, but if you are close to MI or on a highly efficient transportation route, time can work in your favor. Cheers and enjoy!

Last edited:

jksheehan

Reaction score
They are knocking them out pretty quick right now. I ordered a Laramie on September 21st and just got an e-mail today saying it is on a train already. I was originally told that it would take about 3 months. Although, it still may take about 2 weeks to get to the dealer (Pacific Northwest).

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
They are knocking them out pretty quick right now. I ordered a Laramie on September 21st and just got an e-mail today saying it is on a train already. I was originally told that it would take about 3 months. Although, it still may take about 2 weeks to get to the dealer (Pacific Northwest).
JK you probably saw my post that mine was 31 days from shipping to arrival at the Dealer here in So. Cal. It is worth the wait, we have no choice in the matter. Enjoy.

Jim L

Reaction score
Have any of you guys put a down payment or negotiate deal before truck was ordered? My dealer ordered the truck without a deposit or discussing price. Now it has arrived sitting on rail car but I am not getting excited until I know the exact price

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you guys put a down payment or negotiate deal before truck was ordered? My dealer ordered the truck without a deposit or discussing price. Now it has arrived sitting on rail car but I am not getting excited until I know the exact price
Yep - $1,000 deposit (refundable) and a signed price agreement at time of order. However, that was an early one (ordered May 2018, took delivery in September 2018).

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since my dealer knows me quite well, I'm able to order a vehicle without a deposit. However, I always negotiate the deal and have a signed contract in place before the order is summitted.

jksheehan

Reaction score
Was able to place the order without any deposit. Did negotiate the price and sign a contract before the order though. I also had a trade in which they took that day (glad I had another vehicle to drive while I wait). . . may have been why I didn't need a deposit.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
My last 2 RAM purchases we agreed on a price, the Dealer and I signed the price agreement which included all options and I paid a deposit of $500.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Besides the FCA Live Chat how else are you guys tracking your order?

Agreed, the Dealer is the next best and most likely even better than Live Chat. All Dealer personnel, unfortunately, are not as accommodating as the sales person indicated by jksheehan. Phone calls to RAM as well as emails to them are time consuming and not necessarily very productive and in the case of emails, not as timely as Live Chat. Once your vehicle enters the KZ stage, RAM Chat cannot track it well since as they say the transportation entities, Railroads and trucking, do not have access to the system that Chat accesses -- so that is where the Dealer is indispensable. Enjoy.

Oliver392

Reaction score
I found out from Live Chat on Friday AM that my truck (Limited) had been built but was still waiting for final QC. My guess is that it is waiting in line at the custom shop for the spray on bed liner. I was able to pull up the equipment build sheet but as of yet no window sticker. Since that is the case, I would say that its status has not changed since Friday. My understanding is that the window sticker is only available once in KZ.

I think that I will wait until Wednesday to call the dealer and have them check the status.

Users who are viewing this thread