5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Kaz

Reaction score
My order went in May 23, 2018 for a been Limited w Rambox. A regional rep confirmed with the dealer I used 4-6 weeks. Had a delivery date even of 7-3-18. The truck got unloaded at the dealer 9-18-18. During that time the dealer said I would get the best rebate from the time I ordered till the time it was delivered. He told me 2 weeks ago I would receive a 3k rebate along with the dealer discount. When I got the paperwork yesterday, the rebate was $1500. After waiting almost 4 months for something I was gaunteed 4-6 weeks, RAM should of done something better. I’ve had the truck for a day now and like it, but with all the hassle I went through, I don’t know if I’ll get another RAM for a while.

Unfortunately, they can’t really promise anything... you’re purchasing from an independently owned dealership who is placing and order with the manufacturer... rebates are based on availability at the time of delivery as they expire as time passes. Your only bargaining would have been with the dealership. There is nothing Ram/FCA is going to do to make up for it. Hope you enjoy your new truck! Wife and I may not buy another FCA product after the hassle we’ve been through with both of our recent orders...

Frontrowjoe20

Reaction score
Ordered a Laramie 4X4 Quad cab, Sport Appearance, Laramie level 1 package, 3.92, Bed package, Trailer Brake Controller. Ordered on August 20th and picked truck up Sept 21st. I was surprised how quickly it came. I was also told 6-8 for delivery. Loving the ride on these 19's compared to my 2013. Also the Ram live chat was helpful with tracking my order.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Just curious ... for the folks who have tracked their orders: Does the tracking help or hurt the waiting process for the truck? I have been debating whether to track or not, my sales rep has been sending me a once a week update on status, so not really sure me knowing an update a day or two sooner would be a plus or minus for my wait. Thought I would see what the "trackers" think.

Cheers!
Gray

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious ... for the folks who have tracked their orders: Does the tracking help or hurt the waiting process for the truck? I have been debating whether to track or not, my sales rep has been sending me a once a week update on status, so not really sure me knowing an update a day or two sooner would be a plus or minus for my wait. Thought I would see what the "trackers" think.

Cheers!
Gray
I'm sure my dealer would be very frustrated with me if I had not tracked my order on my own. Weekly updates would not have sufficed ;)

Lettika

Reaction score
I really thought the tracking was going to help with the waiting process. Checking in now and then to see the truck progress through the steps would have been cool. I ordered on June 20, 2018 and mine went to D1 status in about two weeks. Been there for the past 12 so there really hasn't been the "checking on progress" that I thought there would be. I got word via email from NICOLE. Here is what "she" had to say: I am writing to let you know that I am working with the plant in an attempt to get your vehicle prioritized as the build plan timing has lapsed. Once I receive a response and have more information, I will contact you back with an update via email. Sincerely, Nicole Ram Product Information Center

Hopeful this will get the wheels turning. Haha

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Cheers!
Gray
Don't do it. It's like watching the clock, makes the time go by much slower. It's better to just forget about it, it will happen when it happens....

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And it really hurts when you can see how your order is or is not moving compared to others. I was seriously considering cancelling my 3 month old order when another member's Rambox got built. He ordered two months after me.
I settled down and mine got built a few days later but it can really get to you when we expect FIFO on ordering.
And then it will happen to you again when yours sits at the railyard unloaded and a later arrival gets dealer delivered while yours still sits. Yes, that's me right now at 139 days and apparently God thinks I need more time in the patience oven.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest the forum makes it worse too . Not really this forum's fault, just doing anything that makes me think about the truck makes things go by slowly haha. Oh well!

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest the forum makes it worse too . Not really this forum's fault, just doing anything that makes me think about the truck makes things go by slowly haha. Oh well!
I think I know how my dog feels every time I leave the house. We can leave and come home randomly so she just sits by the door and waits for us to return. Similar to how @BobbiBigWheels updates the order tracking; sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night and sometimes more than once per day, and sometimes not quite once. Just check google sheets on my phone all day waiting for the latest .. just like my dog waits for me to come home.

toldford

Reaction score
Re-posting from another page. All you other impatient ones seem to be active on this page.....

The long boxes on the tracking sheet are few and far between. All but one are still in D1 status. Does anyone have any insight into this?

@itsrname2, you have the only long box that's in KZ status. When did you order your truck? I'm curious how long it's been. Thanks!

cruz1996

Reaction score
Just curious why is it that when we track the trucks everyone on the list is either D KZ or D1 I thought it would show like if the truck is in frame. Paint. Trim etc

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious why is it that when we track the trucks everyone on the list is either D KZ or D1 I thought it would show like if the truck is in frame. Paint. Trim etc

The various tracking methods are snapshots in time and the build process is quite quick comparatively. That's why you see D1 then the next thing reported is usually KZ. It's rare that the "snapshot" catches them in the various build stages.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
My opinion is that order tracking is great to have. I mean yeah it sucks to not see movement daily but knowing is 10x better than not knowing.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
well still trying to just let it happen when it happens but goes against my nature to not know..... though as a few others have stated would probably be equally driving me nuts not seeing movement..... perhaps I just need to drink more! :)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Re-posting from another page. All you other impatient ones seem to be active on this page.....

The long boxes on the tracking sheet are few and far between. All but one are still in D1 status. Does anyone have any insight into this?

@itsrname2, you have the only long box that's in KZ status. When did you order your truck? I'm curious how long it's been. Thanks!

i Really don’t know, except maybe we have a bunch of rambox people, and those don’t come in long beds, yet

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I did see a couple that were caught in I or something.

Yeah agree though that you rarely catch them in the middle of the build so that's probably why it goes from D1 to KZ

Users who are viewing this thread