5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

StickVA

Reaction score
Got my towing numbers too…..

MAX PAYLOAD LB

MAX TOWING LB

RV is 750 lbs tongue weight fully loaded so looks like I got a good 600 pounds for wife, dogs, and a little margin of error.
Where do you find the payload/towing numbers?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you find the payload/towing numbers?

Enter your VIN to get the exact numbers.

You can also look at the sticker in your driver's side door jamb to get the payload capacity.

John Galt

Reaction score
for me the info populated as soon as the build sheet was available so once the truck is built you can look it up before arrives.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Window sticker popped up a few hours after the build sheet and the order tracker updated to “vehicle built” so the online order tracker IS working but appears to be lagging a bit probably due to web updates or where in the production process the action that updates the tracker is.
The tracker is not automatically updated, therefore not live data. In one of my past posts, I posted that I received text notification of my order being shipped four hours before the tracker was updated to being built. The tracker is just a courtesy. If you want more accurate updates, sign up for text updates through Ram.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The tracker is not automatically updated, therefore not live data. In one of my past posts, I posted that I received text notification of my order being shipped four hours before the tracker was updated to being built. The tracker is just a courtesy. If you want more accurate updates, sign up for text updates through Ram.
the tracker run on this site is run by a volunteer who runs a program twice a day of vins for many models

the advantage here is you then get an email for your build

6of36

Reaction score
the tracker run on this site is run by a volunteer who runs a program twice a day of vins for many models

the advantage here is you then get an email for your build
I already realized that, and mentioned it was a courtesy. Some people just assume it is run by Ram.

John Galt

Reaction score
On the first 2 updates I got email and text AFTER the tracker updated. On the third update the email came 2 days after the tracker was updated and I never got the text. On the 4th update tracker seemed to be very timely and updated the same day my truck completed production and about 2 hours before the build sheet and sticker were available. Never got an email or text (3 days later now) on the 4th part. We’ll see what happens with the “shipped” part.

6of36

Reaction score
On the first 2 updates I got email and text AFTER the tracker updated. On the third update the email came 2 days after the tracker was updated and I never got the text. On the 4th update tracker seemed to be very timely and updated the same day my truck completed production and about 2 hours before the build sheet and sticker were available. Never got an email or text (3 days later now) on the 4th part. We’ll see what happens with the “shipped” part.
Maybe it depends what time of day the truck is built. Maybe mine advanced right after Triple_b's updates, therefore not showing up on the tracker until his next update, maybe 12 hours later, but if it built just before his update, it would show before the Ram update. The best way, is sign up for both updates.:)

John Galt

Reaction score
Maybe it depends what time of day the truck is built. Maybe mine advanced right after Triple_b's updates, therefore not showing up on the tracker until his next update, maybe 12 hours later, but if it built just before his update, it would show before the Ram update. The best way, is sign up for both updates.:)
Yeah we were talking about two different “trackers”. I was referring to the RAM one which is definitely automated.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Woohoo!!! Just got notification that my truck is scheduled to be built!! I got the email and checked the tracker. Both say the same thing. Would be nice to know the date it is scheduled for.

John Galt

Reaction score
Woohoo!!! Just got notification that my truck is scheduled to be built!! I got the email and checked the tracker. Both say the same thing. Would be nice to know the date it is scheduled for.
Mine took just over 2 weeks (16 days) from “scheduled “ to “in production”. Production takes about 5 business days.

The factory has no backlog right now. New vehicle sales are slow. They’re blowing orders out as fast as they come in right now. Stelantis and GM are both laying off people right now and shutting down production for non-sold orders to reduce supply.

ExFordGuy

Reaction score
Mine took just over 2 weeks (16 days) from “scheduled “ to “in production”. Production takes about 5 business days.

The factory has no backlog right now. New vehicle sales are slow. They’re blowing orders out as fast as they come in right now. Stelantis and GM are both laying off people right now and shutting down production for non-sold orders to reduce supply.
I ordered a Laramie on 3/18. It being ready 3 weeks from now would be awesome.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

These aren’t accurate statements. There’s a backlog of about 30,000 VINs right now. Ram may be building some orders that are only days old, but they’re also sitting on some orders that were placed in 2022.
And production only takes 1-2 days from start to finish. Final inspection, including fixing any squawks, is a crap shoot that could be zero days or several weeks.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
These aren’t accurate statements. There’s a backlog of about 30,000 VINs right now. Ram may be building some orders that are only days old, but they’re also sitting on some orders that were placed in 2022.
And production only takes 1-2 days from start to finish. Final inspection, including fixing any squawks, is a crap shoot that could be zero days or several weeks.
to add to this
the ram factory in sterling heights has been working saturday to do what they call "repairs"
the local 1700 on the facebook page ( you do not need an account to view) has been posting this info for several weeks.
what repair is, only the factory knows

John Galt

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie on 3/18. It being ready 3 weeks from now would be awesome.
I ordered a Limited on 4/4 and it left the factory on 4/28. Still has to go to outfitting for bedliner and running boards, but that’s about as fast as you can get a custom order through the factory.

John Galt

Reaction score
im not going to get into an argument with someone on the internet.

believe what you will.

John Galt

Reaction score
to add to this
the ram factory in sterling heights has been working saturday to do what they call "repairs"
the local 1700 on the facebook page ( you do not need an account to view) has been posting this info for several weeks.
what repair is, only the factory knows

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread