5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel like this dealership is on the up and up - I've bought 3 trucks from them before this and they are a large dealership that has been in business for several decades under the same ownership and with multiple locations etc.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did some more negotiating and ended up canceling the order and submitting a new order at another dealership with some changes - decided to go with 3.21 gears, added BUG and realized they hadn't included the trailer brake controller on the original build as intended. Happy with the deal and excited for the upgrade.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After noticing the digital 12" cluster is now an avail add-on as of today I asked the dealer to try and add it to my build - hopefully it works out.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should get it already, with your level B.
The level B gives me the 12" UConnect screen, then the 12" tft cluster is an add on as I understand it. On the build and price it was always showing the interior with the 7" analog cluster and then suddenly today there was a new option to add the digital cluster they had originally claimed would be standard and when I added it the photo changed to show the new cluster. It is all super confusing right now... I assume if level B added the digital cluster it would have checked the box on the stand-alone add on like it does with other features. I guess I'll find out when the dealers area rep sees his request and replies!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The level B gives me the 12" UConnect screen, then the 12" tft cluster is an add on as I understand it. On the build and price it was always showing the interior with the 7" analog cluster and then suddenly today there was a new option to add the digital cluster they had originally claimed would be standard and when I added it the photo changed to show the new cluster. It is all super confusing right now... I assume if level B added the digital cluster it would have checked the box on the stand-alone add on like it does with other features. I guess I'll find out when the dealers area rep sees his request and replies!
I see I made a mistake. I got confused because of 12" radio and 12" dash. Originally before production started, they said everything above Bighorn got digital dash, but that changed.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see I made a mistake. I got confused because of 12" radio and 12" dash. Originally before production started, they said everything above Bighorn got digital dash, but that changed.
Agreed - seems little things change everyday and accurate information is hard to come by. Has been a multi-week effort to hopefully understand all the upgrades and downgrades I am looking at going from my current 2021 to this ordered 2023!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you have a vin?

if so changes do not usually get processed

cancel and reorder

ask me how i know
No VIN yet - order doesn't even show on the tracker site yet. The order I placed on 3/31 was on the tracker with a VIN in 2 days but still shows as confirmed even though the dealer said they canceled it. The new order was placed on the 8th but hasn't shown up as confirmed so hopefully they can still add the new cluster - I will not be too upset either way.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update - I used the RAM customer chat today to check status as the tracking site was not showing any progress. The agent told me the tracking site is experiencing issues and not accurate right now, they said my order has a VIN and is scheduled for production but they could not provide any of the details about the VIN or date scheduled as the system wasn't showing those either... So great news and also a bit frustrating. I am excited to know it is moving quickly but potentially this means I will not be able to add the new cluster at this point.

6of36

Reaction score
Update - I used the RAM customer chat today to check status as the tracking site was not showing any progress. The agent told me the tracking site is experiencing issues and not accurate right now, they said my order has a VIN and is scheduled for production but they could not provide any of the details about the VIN or date scheduled as the system wasn't showing those either... So great news and also a bit frustrating. I am excited to know it is moving quickly but potentially this means I will not be able to add the new cluster at this point.
Scheduled for production, doesn't mean it's ready to be built. It could be built soon, but some don't get built for weeks after scheduling.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scheduled for production, doesn't mean it's ready to be built. It could be built soon, but some don't get built for weeks after scheduling.
Certainly true - this is my 2nd factory order (had a Pacifica Hybrid built in 2022) so I am familiar with the crazy process that can stall or move quick and always seems to change! That said the fact it was accepted, assigned a VIN and scheduled in the 1st couple days makes me feel better than the tracking site showing it hadn't even been confirmed!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
add your vin to tripleb's tracker

John Galt

Reaction score
I just got my build sheet but no window sticker…..order tracker still says “in production”

Interesting….build sheet lists both fixed and active front air dams. As far as I know you don’t be/need active air dams with air suspension.

John Galt

Reaction score
Got my towing numbers too…..

MAX PAYLOAD LB

MAX TOWING LB

RV is 750 lbs tongue weight fully loaded so looks like I got a good 600 pounds for wife, dogs, and a little margin of error.

6of36

Reaction score
I just got my build sheet but no window sticker…..order tracker still says “in production”

Interesting….build sheet lists both fixed and active front air dams. As far as I know you don’t be/need active air dams with air suspension.
Build sheet is generated before truck is built. It tells the assembly line workers what to put on the the truck. Window sticker is generated after the truck is built.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Build sheet is generated before truck is built. It tells the assembly line workers what to put on the the truck. Window sticker is generated after the truck is built.
build sheet is generated after truck is built as it shows what the truck was built with.

window sticker is generated after truck has finished inspection and is billed to the selling dealer.

John Galt

Reaction score
build sheet is generated after truck is built as it shows what the truck was built with.

window sticker is generated after truck has finished inspection and is billed to the selling dealer.
Yeah I was about to say…..my truck was in paint last Thursday or Friday and build sheet showed up Tuesday so given it takes about 30 work-hours to build one, it should have been just about done when the build sheet appeared but still has to go out for bed liner and running boards which I’m guessing happenes before final inspection.

John Galt

Reaction score
Window sticker popped up a few hours after the build sheet and the order tracker updated to “vehicle built” so the online order tracker IS working but appears to be lagging a bit probably due to web updates or where in the production process the action that updates the tracker is.

Users who are viewing this thread