5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

rtpassini

Reaction score
Wow, coming from my Wrangler order last year where I was in D for quite some time this feels crazy fast to me. I'll be confirming with my dealer this weekend. Thanks!
The one I ordered in october, I was in D for a good 4 months. My Limited I ordered in March was in D1 after 1 week.

MarchAFB

Reaction score
Just to give others some hope - Ordered my Rebel 3/25, took about a week to get the VIN, checked today (4/21) and is in D1 status with a ship (build) date of 5/6. We shall see....

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Confirmed with my dealer today that I am indeed D1 with an estimated date of 4/28. Fingers crossed that holds up!
Wow that's fast!!! I ordered 4/4. Mine is Patriot Blue too. Please oh please batch my truck with yours. 🤣

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Wow that's fast!!! I ordered 4/4. Mine is Patriot Blue too. Please oh please batch my truck with yours.

Let’s hope! This is such a different experience so far from my wrangler order last year. Still plenty of time for disappointing setbacks, so trying to not get my hopes up quite yet

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Confirmed with my dealer today that I am indeed D1 with an estimated date of 4/28. Fingers crossed that holds up!
meanwhile people who ordered in Jan, some last yr, are still waiting for their trucks to be built. After reading all these posts, I am confused as to how ram operates when it comes to orders. Why some wait months yet others truck is built and delivered within a few months. I am in no rush though, I just want the truck to be built with the options I ordered and delivered to the dealer with no damage.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
meanwhile people who ordered in Jan, some last yr, are still waiting for their trucks to be built. After reading all these posts, I am confused as to how ram operates when it comes to orders. Why some wait months yet others truck is built and delivered within a few months. I am in no rush though, I just want the truck to be built with the options I ordered and delivered to the dealer with no damage.

It’s not just Ram. This is how it is with Wranglers too. I’m guessing this is how it is for all CDJR vehicles. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It’s makes no sense and certainly isn’t fair.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not just Ram. This is how it is with Wranglers too. I’m guessing this is how it is for all CDJR vehicles. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It’s makes no sense and certainly isn’t fair.
My Longhorn just got to the dealers, ordered 7/31 just about 9 months and there a lot people who ordered before me still waiting! i think its bull :poop::cautious:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Longhorn just got to the dealers, ordered 7/31 just about 9 months and there a lot people who ordered before me still waiting! i think its bull :poop::cautious:
That’s the kind of **** that has me wondering what goes on at the factory. Your truck was ordered last July and just now getting finished, yet you’ve got others that placed their order at the beginning of February and their trucks are already delivered.

HRCfan1

Reaction score

I don’t know why but it’s seems orders from mid year 21 have taken forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the kind of **** that has me wondering what goes on at the factory. Your truck was ordered last July and just now getting finished, yet you’ve got others that placed their order at the beginning of February and their trucks are already delivered.
RIGHT! Others that ordered before me are hang in tuff, it hard to read about guys thst order and are d1 in the first week.
I order a bighorn in april last year and it wa built in 5 months.

morrpar

Reaction score
I would think that RAM would normally build the orders as they come in. However, we are still not in "normal" times.
It is possible that an option (such as heated seats) that a person selects, requires some chip or component that the supplier can't produce. Truck orders that have that option can't be filled, while others that do not have that option can be built.
RAM is dependent on many vendors that face different circumstances. As I write this, China is having a COVID surge, and some areas are shut down. If there was a component that was sourced from that area, there will probably be a delay.

Our industry is still struggling; things that used to take a week to get, takes 6 months. And orders of 6 months ago just got pushed back 6 weeks.

The fat lady has not yet sung...

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think that RAM would normally build the orders as they come in. However, we are still not in "normal" times.
It is possible that an option (such as heated seats) that a person selects, requires some chip or component that the supplier can't produce. Truck orders that have that option can't be filled, while others that do not have that option can be built.
RAM is dependent on many vendors that face different circumstances. As I write this, China is having a COVID surge, and some areas are shut down. If there was a component that was sourced from that area, there will probably be a delay.

Our industry is still struggling; things that used to take a week to get, takes 6 months. And orders of 6 months ago just got pushed back 6 weeks.

The fat lady has not yet sung...
Normally I would agree but you have orders from the middle of last year just now getting finished, Yet orders that were placed in February have already been delivered. You can’t tell me that people that are still waiting for their orders from last year last year are having a supply shortage issue if trucks are already being purchased and finished this year, most probably having the same options

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Normally I would agree but you have orders from the middle of last year just now getting finished, Yet orders that were placed in February have already been delivered. You can’t tell me that people that are still waiting for their orders from last year last year are having a supply shortage issue if trucks are already being purchased and finished this year, most probably having the same options
Didn't some packages get updated and some options become unavailable on certain trim levels? Perhaps the hugely backlogged orders contain some combination that became verboten and, for some reason, that puts them in a loop. Haven't looked into it, just musing.

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
Just a quick Thank you to all that support this thread and site. It is MUCH appreciated.

My truck was delivered a few weeks ago. Again, it was my 6th new vehicle from Koon's in Tyson's Corner. I was lucky. I was up there on business when it came in. Craig was nice enough to squeeze me in to take delivery that Saturday. I just stayed in Vienna an extra night. Dealer said it would take 8 to 12 weeks. Well, I picked it up exactly on the 12th week. I was sweating the delivery time because I "SOLD" my lease a month earlier. I was offered $11,500 cash, after paying it off. I couldn't refuse that. My truck was in F or paint for more than 2 weeks. WTH? Then all of a sudden, it was in KZ. Nothing in between. So, if this happens to you, don't sweat it. Also, it was in Ohio sitting in a lot so they say...waiting to be shipped. No status change. Then, once again, it's dropped at the dealer. Seems like Status codes are updated when people have extra time on their hands....

So, the deal at Koon's? It is a no bullsh!t price. It is what they tell you. -6% that INCLUDES the $1000 cash incentive. So is it really -6%? No. However, in the current market caused by the loosers in DC, its a pretty good deal. You are price locked. Financing was a better experience this time for me. Rate wasn't as good as my Credit Score dictates, but I kinda expected it. Still, 2.74 is better then most. I waited for the loan letter to come in the mail. I just applied online for a re-fi at Navy Federal and got my usual 1.79 with a $200 bonus. 500 bux is a 500 bux savings. Actually 300 savings in interest plus the 200 they will deposit in my savings account in 61 days. ALSO, another $1500 in rebates was applied to the final price. Again, I can't complain. When it came down to it, the truck was 500 more than what I calculated because I didn't grasp that 1000 cash incentive that was wrapped in the -6%. I guess I'm slow.

The dealers in the Triangle ALL pretty much told me to go get bent when I told them I was getting a new order for -6%. One guy called me a f$%#kin liar. But the dealer here that bought my truck was nice enough to say, I'm sorry, I cant do that, you do what you have to do, but I still want your truck.

If I had to b!tch about something, the damn truck should have come with body side moldings like the Limited. I bought a Limited Longhorn. I took care of it. It looked naked without them.

Would I buy from Koon's again? Yep, most likely.

My 2022 Longhorn.jpg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'M IN FRAMING BOYS! Hopefully we'll see a BS in the next day or so!
Where are you getting your real up to date info from. Ram Chat has been extremely vague about mine. Been in scheduling for over a month.

Solracer

Reaction score
Ordered April 1st. 1500 Limited Night Edition RMBX / MFT/ SNROOF
VIN April 5th.
Original build date was April 29th
April 12th I was told May 2nd
Today (April 27th) I was told May 7th

I'm fine with everything. I kind of planned on 2-3 months.

Once its built, what is the estimated expected time to dealer? Ish?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered April 1st. 1500 Limited Night Edition RMBX / MFT/ SNROOF
VIN April 5th.
Original build date was April 29th
April 12th I was told May 2nd
Today (April 27th) I was told May 7th

I'm fine with everything. I kind of planned on 2-3 months.

Once its built, what is the estimated expected time to dealer? Ish?
See triple_B's chart here. Look for the "WS to Lot" durations (by state).

Users who are viewing this thread