5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have eTorque now, but my new truck being built will not. Not a huge fan. I guess I’m kinda old school about some things. One of the negatives for me is I live in Texas, and when the engine stops, so does the A/C. You can notice the humidity difference almost immediately. It’s kind of annoying to have to turn off a feature all the time that is supposed to be a perk. Or spend money on a gadget that will do it for me.

cjerman617

Reaction score
8e947b80454a78e060de914e45bdcd18.jpg

5e065795851f3ebc786ae68e7f95b679.jpg

319a32966f4d72591b2e3af3fdcbbba4.jpg

51c0467832f527097cb761319d6a744d.jpg

Well she has arrived! Should be going after work today to pick her up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belacyrf

Reaction score
I have eTorque now, but my new truck being built will not. Not a huge fan. I guess I’m kinda old school about some things. One of the negatives for me is I live in Texas, and when the engine stops, so does the A/C. You can notice the humidity difference almost immediately. It’s kind of annoying to have to turn off a feature all the time that is supposed to be a perk. Or spend money on a gadget that will do it for me.
Are you talking about e-torque or stop / start? Etorque is supposed to run the AC funs while in stop mode, for this very reason. One of it's benefits is to keep the AC cool while in stop mode saving a bunch of fuel.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Are you talking about e-torque or stop / start? Etorque is supposed to run the AC funs while in stop mode, for this very reason. One of it's benefits is to keep the AC cool while in stop mode saving a bunch of fuel.
If I understand the eTorque system right, when the engine stops, the fans may continue to run, but the engine driven compressor is no longer operating, therefore all you will get is non-A/C air being blown in to the cabin.

Belacyrf

Reaction score
If I understand the eTorque system right, when the engine stops, the fans may continue to run, but the engine driven compressor is no longer operating, therefore all you will get is non-A/C air being blown in to the cabin.
Yea I think you're right... it doens't run the compressor, just the cooling fans. I still like it.. I got the GT package, so I had no choice, but after watching this vid, I was glad I got it.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Yea I think you're right... it doens't run the compressor, just the cooling fans. I still like it.. I got the GT package, so I had no choice, but after watching this vid, I was glad I got it.
Cool video, thanks for posting it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep my temps set to around 72F all the time. Once the cabin is cooled, my etorque will run a long time and push cool enough air throughout the cabin. With the vented seats, it's a non-issue for me. That said, I have a pretty wide range of temperature tolerance and I'm not a sweaty fat bastard (I can say that because I used to be).

sc1500

Reaction score
my initial est ship date for my Limited was 3/18, i just chatted with Ram Chat and was told:
"Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Anyone get something like this? Normal or does this mean my truck is destined to be stuck in some lot waiting for a "chip"

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my initial est ship date for my Limited was 3/18, i just chatted with Ram Chat and was told:
"Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Anyone get something like this? Normal or does this mean my truck is destined to be stuck in some lot waiting for a "chip"
That usually means your truck has been built, and is off to the body vendor for non-assembly-line items (bedliner, tonneau, graphics, step boards, Rambar, etc).
It also usually means you have a build sheet already.

bigtexco

Reaction score
Received my 22 Dodge Ram Limited today. Ordered 1/23/22, BS 2/25, WS 2/26 and delivered 3/16 to dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_8541.jpg
    IMG_8541.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 669230125.jpg
    669230125.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 44

BNJMN

Reaction score

Don’t forget that an estimated ship date isn’t the date it will be shipped. It could still be weeks to get on a semi or rail. Esd is really just the date it may roll out the factory door.

gator6

Reaction score
I’ve been tracking a 3500 build for a bit on the HD site and just asked if anyone knew about something similar for the 1500s. My mom ordered an EcoDiesel in late January from Sandi, and I’m just looking for the right thread for tracking/discussing new builds.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been tracking a 3500 build for a bit on the HD site and just asked if anyone knew about something similar for the 1500s. My mom ordered an EcoDiesel in late January from Sandi, and I’m just looking for the right thread for tracking/discussing new builds.

Yes, we're tracking the 1500 (DT models, not DS models) on this forum.

Here's a link to enter your information:

Here's a link to the tracking spreadsheet:

Daily updates are on this thread (link is to Friday's morning post) - keep an eye on this one daily:

gator6

Reaction score
Yes, we're tracking the 1500 (DT models, not DS models) on this forum.

Here's a link to enter your information:

Here's a link to the tracking spreadsheet:

Daily updates are on this thread (link is to Friday's morning post) - keep an eye on this one daily:

Thanks! I’ll try and add it on myself. In case I have an issue, the VIN is 1C6SRFRM6NN299499, and it was ordered on 1/21.

Got it entered with the first link: Southwest Edition Off-Road EcoDiesel.

I’ve been tracking a DRW ordered through Sandi back in November, and the HDs have noticed the Hemi option has picked up production (some orders completed in a total of 7 weeks). Have y’all noticed anything picking up on the 1500 side? She was told to expect mid to late June, and don’t want too much of a surprise for her.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I’ll try and add it on myself. In case I have an issue, the VIN is 1C6SRFRM6NN299499, and it was ordered on 1/21.

I’ve been tracking a DRW ordered through Sandi back in November, and the HDs have noticed the Hemi option has picked up production (some orders completed in a total of 7 weeks). Have y’all noticed anything picking up on the 1500 side? She was told to expect mid to late June, and don’t want too much of a surprise for her.

I see the entry - it'll get added to the official spreadsheet in a day or two.

It's been hard to see any trends in the past month or so, as there were a ton of Stellantis server errors. But based on what I've seen, it's following the same trends as usual (about 3/4 of all DT truck orders have the Hemi). If anything, I'd say the percentage of Hemi trucks has been a little under-represented (more like 61% in the past month).

gator6

Reaction score
I see the entry - it'll get added to the official spreadsheet in a day or two.

It's been hard to see any trends in the past month or so, as there were a ton of Stellantis server errors. But based on what I've seen, it's following the same trends as usual (about 3/4 of all DT truck orders have the Hemi). If anything, I'd say the percentage of Hemi trucks has been a little under-represented (more like 61% in the past month).

Those server errors, were they the cause of the missing Stickers and ELs? I’ve noticed the links work on and off. A few of the guys on the HD thread ended up being notified their vics were KZ before cryptostickers ever updating.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those server errors, were they the cause of the missing Stickers and ELs? I’ve noticed the links work on and off. A few of the guys on the HD thread ended up being notified their vics were KZ before cryptostickers ever updating.

Yes.

mxsnow

Reaction score

KZX on 3/19, check the dealer!

Users who are viewing this thread