5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer on Thursday and got VIN, messaged Ram Chat and I was told all parts have been obtained and the build should start within a week. I never got an email through my Gmail account, is there an issue with Gmail? I saw someone in another thread mention that they weren't getting notifications through Gmail either. Should I set it up for my work account?

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealer on Thursday and got VIN, messaged Ram Chat and I was told all parts have been obtained and the build should start within a week. I never got an email through my Gmail account, is there an issue with Gmail? I saw someone in another thread mention that they weren't getting notifications through Gmail either. Should I set it up for my work account?
I do not use Gmail and I have never received an email from Ram.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
I was referencing not receiving the verification email to register for this forum via my google email account. Nothin to do with Ram.

Chopemupgood

Reaction score
I was referencing not receiving the verification email to register for this forum via my google email account. Nothin to do with Ram.
Sorry, didn't mean to make you think that I was referring to you, I have read it elsewhere, maybe not even on this forum.

Bobbiegunn

Reaction score
Does anyone know what trucking company delivers to central PA dealers out of Twin Oaks rail yard (near Philly)?
Not sure of the company ,my truck came into Twin Oaks 3-3-22 and was delivered to dealership on 3-7-22 in Central NJ. Hope you get your soon

bw2k

Reaction score
Ordered a longhorn on 2/21 and called the dealer last week - said a ESD of 3/16. Called the dealership yesterday and they mentioned that it could change so tbd on delivery - will know more tomorrow...

Highwayman

Reaction score
Ordered a longhorn on 2/21 and called the dealer last week - said a ESD of 3/16. Called the dealership yesterday and they mentioned that it could change so tbd on delivery - will know more tomorrow...
I ordered around the same time and have an est. Ship date of today. I’m taking it with a grain of salt. It’s only an estimate right? Will give it a couple of days and then start bugging the dealer/ram care. :)

truckless

Reaction score
And today, for the first time since placing the order, my dealer called me...and it it isn't a returned call. Unfortunately I was in a conference call and could take his.
So now we are playing phone tag....and I am nervous.

truckless

Reaction score
And today, for the first time since placing the order, my dealer called me...and it it isn't a returned call. Unfortunately I was in a conference call and could take his.
So now we are playing phone tag....and I am nervous.

So.....here is the thing...

2 identical trucks on order. One Hemi, one eTorque. The Hemi is D1...the eTorque is not. Dealer telling me they need to remove my name from one of the orders.

Not sure what to do.

Guess I could always say "**** it, I'm taking both." My wife and I were talking about it before anyway...as was my father in law (he is humming and hawing about a new truck and he likes the look of this "one").

What to do what to do.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So.....here is the thing...

2 identical trucks on order. One Hemi, one eTorque. The Hemi is D1...the eTorque is not. Dealer telling me they need to remove my name from one of the orders.

Not sure what to do.

Guess I could always say "**** it, I'm taking both." My wife and I were talking about it before anyway...as was my father in law (he is humming and hawing about a new truck and he likes the look of this "one").

What to do what to do.
just what you say
keep both
if your dealer is getting push back because your name is on two trucks change one to your wife using her maiden name

truckless

Reaction score
just what you say
keep both
if your dealer is getting push back because your name is on two trucks change one to your wife using her maiden name

Guess I am pretty ****ty at asking what peoples thoughts are ;) To eTorque or not to eTorque, that is the question. I ordered the Torque later after going for a test drive with it.

VINs
Hemi: 308318 (D1)
eTorque: 314940 (D)

Now say the eTorque is the overall more desirable...is it worth the wait or risk of even further delays?

Though my father-in-law is checking into the finances tomorrow too for himself.

Last edited:

testcrewman

Reaction score
Guess I am pretty ****ty at asking what peoples thoughts are ;) To eTorque or not to eTorque, that is the question. I ordered the Torque later after going for a test drive with it.

VINs

Now say the eTorque is the overall more desirable...is it worth the wait or risk of even further delays?

There are quite a few threads on here that discuss this. Check this one out

bw2k

Reaction score
Updated ship date of 3/17, D1 status. I suspect it'll continue to be pushed

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

VINs

I have eTorque. I think that if a stop/go feature is something you're interested in then it's the best implementation of it I've seen in a vehicle so far. I've sat in traffic for 7 or 8 minutes before not moving an inch with the engine off. If it's not something you care about then it probably doesn't matter. I do think it saves fuel, does it save enough to make up the difference in cost? I mean, I doubt it. All in all, I'm a gadget person and I think some of that stuff is fun, so I like it but I'm not really sure if it matters for resale. I mean, if someone is looking for your truck, I doubt that lack of eTorque would be a dealbreaker. And if eTorque is a must have, they're likely to settle for many other options on the market anyway.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
I have eTorque. I think that if a stop/go feature is something you're interested in then it's the best implementation of it I've seen in a vehicle so far. I've sat in traffic for 7 or 8 minutes before not moving an inch with the engine off. If it's not something you care about then it probably doesn't matter. I do think it saves fuel, does it save enough to make up the difference in cost? I mean, I doubt it. All in all, I'm a gadget person and I think some of that stuff is fun, so I like it but I'm not really sure if it matters for resale. I mean, if someone is looking for your truck, I doubt that lack of eTorque would be a dealbreaker. And if eTorque is a must have, they're likely to settle for many other options on the market anyway.
when i ordered mine there was no cost difference in etorque vs regular hemi

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I read more than a few stories about issues with the generator and the batteries. Even if covered under warranty, I also read stories of trucks being out of commission weeks due to back ordered replacement parts. That was enough to steer me away from it.

I don’t drive in a real populated area, so sitting in traffic wasting fuel isn’t an issue for me. I despise the whole stop/start technology in general as well as the MDS. It’s all come about due to government regulation. A mile or two a gallon in a 1/2 ton 4x4 pickup doesn’t make a hill of beans to me. If it did, I’d have gotten the V6 or the diesel.

I’m looking forward to not having to d**k with pushing the button all the time. But, I’ll still have to deactivate the stupid MDS each time. At least they still give you the option to turn these damn things off.

Users who are viewing this thread