5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

B.L16

Reaction score
Long time lurker here. But finally got some good news that my truck arrived at the dealer today. It was a dealer ordered 2021 Ram Limited Night edition that we waited since 3/22. Also located in Canada if that matters.

Jay905

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He told me that RAM has wiped from their schedule all RAM Sports they have ordered except two. Mine and and some one else. and I guess that is across Canada. So if you ordered a Sport ; you might not get it. Mine is still in D Status. the wait continues........
I think that might be all the stock ones that the dealer ordered. My dealer showed me that all of their stock orders for ‘21’s were cancelled. Only sold units were left on the scheduled list.

I think I’m gonna give them a call this afternoon, and not even wait until Friday. This is unnerving.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when in the process the "build sheet" becomes available? Is it when the vehicle hits the assembly line, when it leaves the assembly line, or at some other point?

There are several posts but there seems to be conflicting information regarding this question.

I assume that the "window sticker" is the last thing to become available before shipment.
Typically when it comes off the assy line before going to vendor mods (bed liner etc). Correct on your last statement.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Called Henry about a week ago. He doesn't do west coast runs, referred me to "Kamiti", 206-915-6204. IIRC, he is based near Seattle and transports in 2 week cycles. He gave me a quote of $1400 to Temecula area. I've been rethinking my plan to ship. Leaning toward flying in early am, driving home. Will save about 1K and allow closeup inspection at dealer. Plus I enjoy leisure driving.
I spoke too soon. Just checked with Aydin, and my truck is still sitting at the factory awaiting shipment :cry: It's not expected to arrive in WA until 7/20.

jgreene

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when in the process the "build sheet" becomes available? Is it when the vehicle hits the assembly line, when it leaves the assembly line, or at some other point?

There are several posts but there seems to be conflicting information regarding this question.

I assume that the "window sticker" is the last thing to become available before shipment.
You received a build sheet after it has been built. You will get it before it goes to the vendor and gets accessories.

You will received your window sticker when it has been released by the plant and is cleared for shipping.

stembridge

Reaction score
Aaron at Mark Dodge sent my VIN this morning, and the Order Confirmation says I'm already in D1 - seems quick based on what I've read for a new order. Perhaps this is because mine will likely be one of the last 2021 Classics built? The VIN has M ('21), not N ('22) in the MY character in the VIN. I read in one of the threads that they've canceled all remaining 2021 stock orders and are only building sold orders now.

Order Confirmation.jpeg

Hope y'all don't mind a DS slipping into the thread, but things are livelier here and I've glommed much more info about negotiating and the order/build process than at the other forum I'm on!

es

Younan

Reaction score
Aaron at Mark Dodge sent my VIN this morning, and the Order Confirmation says I'm already in D1 - seems quick based on what I've read for a new order. Perhaps this is because mine will likely be one of the last 2021 Classics built? The VIN has M ('21), not N ('22) in the MY character in the VIN. I read in one of the threads that they've canceled all remaining 2021 stock orders and are only building sold orders now.

View attachment 98202

Hope y'all don't mind a DS slipping into the thread, but things are livelier here and I've glommed much more info about negotiating and the order/build process than at the other forum I'm on!

es
Lucky! I ordered my classic 4/28 and the only response I keep getting is "I will call you when I hear something". I am moving into a new home at the beginning of August and I need the VIN to shop around for truck/home insurance. The quoted premiums are all over the place from each provider and I will not get an accurate quote until I provide a VIN. My salesperson refuses to release the VIN until the truck is in their lot and will not even check to see what status its in.

I too am sorry for talking about the DS. Just frustrated at all of this.

stembridge

Reaction score

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's interesting that the Donlen site says final 2021 DS orders by 4/8/21, but I placed my order on the 24th. I guess they cover that by the footnote that says "All dates are estimated and subject to change."

es
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that chip shortages pushed all the timelines back.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Called Henry about a week ago. He doesn't do west coast runs, referred me to "Kamiti", 206-915-6204. IIRC, he is based near Seattle and transports in 2 week cycles. He gave me a quote of $1400 to Temecula area. I've been rethinking my plan to ship. Leaning toward flying in early am, driving home. Will save about 1K and allow closeup inspection at dealer. Plus I enjoy leisure driving.
this may be my new plan as well .. thank you for the research . I do like to drive long distance also.

vegasandre

Reaction score

my guess is , based on those build dates you should have your build sheet and window sticker by now or very shortly.
build sheet - https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
window sticker - https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

put in your vin after the =

jefferyrw

Reaction score
my guess is , based on those build dates you should have your build sheet and window sticker by now or very shortly.
build sheet - https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
window sticker - https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

put in your vin after the =
Thanks for the info and links, I have been checking for the build sheet several times per week even though I knew it was too early. As of today, no build sheet yet but hopeful to see it this week or next.

The dealership was very clear when I ordered the truck that it would not arrive until July or August but I am anxious just the same.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lucky! I ordered my classic 4/28 and the only response I keep getting is "I will call you when I hear something". I am moving into a new home at the beginning of August and I need the VIN to shop around for truck/home insurance. The quoted premiums are all over the place from each provider and I will not get an accurate quote until I provide a VIN. My salesperson refuses to release the VIN until the truck is in their lot and will not even check to see what status its in.

I too am sorry for talking about the DS. Just frustrated at all of this.

Stating the obvious here, but your dealer is especially awful. Have you reached out to anyone above the salesperson to try to get your vin? Not sure if you're in Canada or not, they seem to get treated poorly in terms of ordering/information, but still seems like you should get at least a vin in short time after ordering. Most of us on here had vins within a few days of ordering.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and links, I have been checking for the build sheet several times per week even though I knew it was too early. As of today, no build sheet yet but hopeful to see it this week or next.

The dealership was very clear when I ordered the truck that it would not arrive until July or August but I am anxious just the same.
I ordered the day before you and got a build sheet today. So, maybe you're getting close to a build.

jefferyrw

Reaction score
I ordered the day before you and got a build sheet today. So, maybe you're getting close to a build.
Thanks for the heads up, I hope that your are correct. Our builds are different but the production window for 2021's is closing very quickly so you are likely correct. I will check a couple of times each day from here on out.

Younan

Reaction score
Stating the obvious here, but your dealer is especially awful. Have you reached out to anyone above the salesperson to try to get your vin? Not sure if you're in Canada or not, they seem to get treated poorly in terms of ordering/information, but still seems like you should get at least a vin in short time after ordering. Most of us on here had vins within a few days of ordering.

Yep, I am in Ontario, Canada. Last week I tried to speak to the manager and apparently he was on vacation and I got redirected to my salesperson. I don't want to pester them too much (I've been calling once a month), so I will try again next week. Let's just say I know who I'm not dealing with in the future....

Users who are viewing this thread