5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Well.... Signed paperwork, loan secured, now just waiting for my registration transfer. Wednesday or Thursday. But got to sit, play and take a few pics! I'll take better pics when I drive her away!

View attachment 97534 View attachment 97535 View attachment 97536 View attachment 97535 View attachment 97539 View attachment 97540 View attachment 97541 View attachment 97542 View attachment 97543 View attachment 97544 View attachment 97545
Wait... you have to register it before you can take it?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well.... Signed paperwork, loan secured, now just waiting for my registration transfer. Wednesday or Thursday. But got to sit, play and take a few pics! I'll take better pics when I drive her away!

View attachment 97534 View attachment 97535 View attachment 97536 View attachment 97535 View attachment 97539 View attachment 97540 View attachment 97541 View attachment 97542 View attachment 97543 View attachment 97544 View attachment 97545
Nice pics. What are you pointing to?

Jimmymc

Reaction score
You definitely have to talk to your dealer. That wait time is inexcusable in my opinion. I am in the Prairies with a similar build and mine arrives next week.
Oh I’ve been talking with them… we ordered 2 trucks on the same day and neither have shown up. They have reached out to FCA and no one seems to know what the hold up is. I’ve been in D status since early March

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else with the same delivery window talk to Aaron recently (within the last week) and get a newer update on the delivery status? Last Monday the trucks still hadn’t left Michigan.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I’ve been talking with them… we ordered 2 trucks on the same day and neither have shown up. They have reached out to FCA and no one seems to know what the hold up is. I’ve been in D status since early March
Might as well just start over? You’ll have missed a whole model year and your truck value will be less…

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Might as well just start over? You’ll have missed a whole model year and your truck value will be less…
It’s definitely been a thought, I’ve locked in 0% for 96 months and have an EC number which got me a very good deal. Skeptical to order another one and lose the 0%

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I placed my order last week. It looks like scrolling through the this thread is that the turn around time until you get a vin/build sheet is roughly 3-4 weeks. Then roughly another 4-8 weeks until it's built. Is this accurate or am I off a couple by a couple of weeks here?

Just trying to plan things out with either selling my current ram to a dealer, or trading it in for the new one and maximize how much I can get for it.. I know when I ordered my charger it was exactly 2 months..back in 2016. Build sheet von/vin first week, then tracking the build after that.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I placed my order last week. It looks like scrolling through the this thread is that the turn around time until you get a vin/build sheet is roughly 3-4 weeks. Then roughly another 4-8 weeks until it's built. Is this accurate or am I off a couple by a couple of weeks here?

Just trying to plan things out with either selling my current ram to a dealer, or trading it in for the new one and maximize how much I can get for it.. I know when I ordered my charger it was exactly 2 months..back in 2016. Build sheet von/vin first week, then tracking the build after that.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
More like VIN in 2-4 days and build sheet in 7-10 weeks when it’s built. Then another week (probably less) for the window sticker when it’s ready to ship

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s definitely been a thought, I’ve locked in 0% for 96 months and have an EC number which got me a very good deal. Skeptical to order another one and lose the 0%
Oh no, make FCA honor it or discount you enough to compensate for that rate!

jgreene

Reaction score

You get the build sheet when the truck is built. Then it goes to the Body Vendor if you have anything needed there.

Window Sticker generates when it's in the shipping stage.

Usually 1-3 days between build sheet and window sticker. But some were 3 weeks.

The American orders tend to be a 8-12 week roughly from order to arrival. Us Canadians are 12-16 weeks....some 26+ weeks sadly.

'D' Status is the longest wait. D1 seems to generally be a 1-4 week wait for most.

SeaSkag

Reaction score
I missed this the last time I looked at the list of options with constraints on the Donlen site....
"Please add an additional 3-5 weeks on vehicles destined for the Western States, Alaska, Hawaii or east and west provinces of Canada."

Being in CA, with '22 production not starting until 8/7, am I now looking at a build time of 15-19 weeks from 8/7? So sometime between November '21 and January '22? Thoughts?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You get the build sheet when the truck is built. Then it goes to the Body Vendor if you have anything needed there.

Window Sticker generates when it's in the shipping stage.

Usually 1-3 days between build sheet and window sticker. But some were 3 weeks.

The American orders tend to be a 8-12 week roughly from order to arrival. Us Canadians are 12-16 weeks....some 26+ weeks sadly.

'D' Status is the longest wait. D1 seems to generally be a 1-4 week wait for most.
Of course they would make D the longest…

Users who are viewing this thread