5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's awesome! But crazy, because I placed my order 04/19 and still gathering parts.
I oreder 4/13 and have been given that same story about "still gathering parts" my last ram chat they informed me that it been over 45 day and can now escalate my build. 2 days goes by and they say parts are gathered. So now they are saying im in the scheduling faze. But no build date. My build is requiring extra chips. I think they have these part in stock but using them on the limited models. And only move from that when customers are waiting and have a case escalated. 🙄

rsgard

Reaction score
I oreder 4/13 and have been given that same story about "still gathering parts" my last ram chat they informed me that it been over 45 day and can now escalate my build. 2 days goes by and they say parts are gathered. So now they are saying im in the scheduling faze. But no build date. My build is requiring extra chips. I think they have these part in stock but using them on the limited models. And only move from that when customers are waiting and have a case escalated. 🙄
Ramchat never gave me a build date. The dealer did. I cant recall anyone posting they got a build date from ramchat. I never got a date of any kind from ramchat until a few days after my window sticker.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they give you a detailed build sheet with current pricing before you gave them a deposit?

They could not give any of the details because they couldn’t push it through the system. When they tried, there was an error submitting it.

Since it’s a smaller mom and pop dealer, I gave them a smaller deposit then the normal $500. They will call me noon Monday to confirm what I want before submitting the order. They have a copy of the 2021 build I printed out myself…and the must haves (trying to get a lower trim with sunroof and ram box isn’t normal..because they already tried to put me into a Laramie and I said no)

Will find out Monday…but I do have a receipt of my small deposit , and a purchase order number. But nothing official yet. Monday I will want a copy of exactly what I want ordered.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I never got a build date either. It was "scheduling phase" to two days later it was built and had a build sheet. Next day which is today I have a window sticker and told it's being shipped. Maybe Ramchat can't see everything that they used to?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never got a build date either. It was "scheduling phase" to two days later it was built and had a build sheet. Next day which is today I have a window sticker and told it's being shipped. Maybe Ramchat can't see everything that they used to?
You ordered a few days before me...i wish i had the same news..well sooner or later they should get to my build🤔

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They could not give any of the details because they couldn’t push it through the system. When they tried, there was an error submitting it.

Since it’s a smaller mom and pop dealer, I gave them a smaller deposit then the normal $500. They will call me noon Monday to confirm what I want before submitting the order. They have a copy of the 2021 build I printed out myself…and the must haves (trying to get a lower trim with sunroof and ram box isn’t normal..because they already tried to put me into a Laramie and I said no)

Will find out Monday…but I do have a receipt of my small deposit , and a purchase order number. But nothing official yet. Monday I will want a copy of exactly what I want ordered.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
How can you have an order number without an order?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah if you had gotten a basic bighorn you’d have had your truck around 7 weeks after ordering.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Last I saw ram box was on hold for big horns. Lowest trim you can get it in currently is a rebel.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah if you had gotten a basic bighorn you’d have had your truck around 7 weeks after ordering.
True that. I am buying the truck mainly for myself but the wife will use it also qhem we are vacationing and pulling a camper..i want her to feel comfortable driving it. She likes the idea of the new safety features

Fabman75

Reaction score
They escalated mine on Monday and sent me a email that said they have the parts and will schedule build once parts are available 🤪. I contacted Ramchat yesterday evening and (Vivian) gave me the same ole reply, .......waiting on parts😠. I then replied to the email they sent me in regards to escalating🤣my build, asking them for update but no reply. I'm with you on them using the parts on higher trims.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had rambox on mine until the day before I ordered and switched to 6'4". I wish it was available on 6'4" bed like 2500.
Yes rambox on 6.4 would be nice. I didn't give it a thought when i first ordered. I also now want the 33 gal gas tank. I am hoping this market stays like it is now and possibly driving mine for a year then sale to vroom or auto nation and reordering another truck..1500 or 2500 with the other options. I am also starting to like the idea of the muti function tailgate with the ram box.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How can you have an order number without an order?

Let me clarify a little because I might have left something out. Since they can’t put in my order just yet, I wanted to give them a smaller deposit because I didn’t want to come back and forth again. Dealer is roughly 40 mins away from me. I get them a “deposit” so that when they can order it, they can use that $250 I gave them towards it.

I’m hoping I can get some pricing information and what packages are available…because I heard of a package for the big horn called “back country” I might be interested in.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I cleaned everything out of my truck yesterday and started cleaning it today getting ready to trade it in. I don't want to be that guy that spends an hour getting stuff out and swapped out.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cleaned everything out of my truck yesterday and started cleaning it today getting ready to trade it in. I don't want to be that guy that spends an hour getting stuff out and swapped out.
Ha...I have most of my stuff out of my current ram now...andcjust waiting for the right deal to come along. I'm only getting $51k right now (2600 miles on it)...so if someone offered me $53k I would do it right away.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤬 I traded my truck in a month ago tomorrow. All my crap is in the garage collecting dust. Bringing exhaust system to dealership tomorrow. They are I’ll have my truck if not tomorrow than Tuesday for sure. They are installing borla Atak cat back and ram air intake for me. Should have it Tuesday after work by around 5:30. It’s gonna take me an hour to drive the couple of miles from the bronx(where my job site is) to queens(where the dealership is). Can’t wait to post some pics

Users who are viewing this thread