5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, does any one know if the assembly line is tooled for different trims . Mine has been gathering parts since 5-11, I have ordered a limited.
I spoke to Ram Chat and they said they build trucks in the order they receive purchases but we all know this is incorrect based on people’s order dates and build dates (if there’s one assembly line). So they must have more than one assembly line at the plant and I assume there’s one for each trim and most likely multiple lines for the bighorns as I was told by my dealer that it’s the most selling trim.
It does take longer to install the extra features but some people have said the trucks “go to trim” after being built but I believe this means something different to Ram chat people than what we are interpreting.
Having more lines for the most popular trim and higher trims having more standard features are the only two reasons I can logically come to as to why limited builds (and even Laramies) take longer than bighorns and rebels.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope it all works out ok. I've been getting worried about the rising shipping costs. When I ordered, Aaron thought that $800-$1000 would get it from LA to PA. Now, it seems to be creeping higher and higher.

Thanks, I'm hoping to have it by the end of the week, but we will see if it gets loaded up tomorrow or not. And yeah I was quoted in that same ballpark when I asked my friend months ago about it, but the cost certainly is higher now than it was a few months ago.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
D2 will say computers are programming and your build is being sequences for production. Flies to shipping after a few days but it lands who knows where cause I’m two weeks in to the wait

rsgard

Reaction score
Goes through the build super fast once you hit D2 but than shipping is super slow. I hit shipping stage two weeks ago. Tomorrow my window of 6/7-6/21 starts 🙏
my estimate is 6/9-6/23 and Injust got my window sticker

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Hey Guys....I order my truck on 3/24 and am still waiting for it to be built. I believe its in D1 status but its been stuck there for the last 4 weeks. How long does it usually take to receive the truck after its built?
Did you order a Limited?

Mr_Meanor

Reaction score
That's strange because they are pushing out bighorn's like crazy. It seems like every Limited owner is waiting the longest. Except for Canadians, they are seeing some crazy wait times.
I thought that it being a quad cab might be whats holding everything up.

rsgard

Reaction score
The assembly line/trim info in your signature, how do you get this info?
I got that from ram chat the day is started down the assemblyline, I knew what day the truck was supposed to start on the assembly line from the dealer.

Fabman75

Reaction score
That's strange because they are pushing out bighorn's like crazy. It seems like every Limited owner is waiting the longest. Except for Canadians, they are seeing some crazy wait times.
I ordered over 7wks ago (big horn) and still gathering parts. I've seen more limited, Laramies and rebels further along and delivered since I ordered. My dealer was a bit confused as why some orders he placed +or- a week of mine were moving faster. One was a Rebel. Really not sure of whats going on and their sequence of operation. At this point I'm telling my self, it is what it is ( with many other orders place before mine, in the same boat). I do seem to have a few shopping carts full of different mods tho...lol.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good looking truck. But with those options your payload must be about 17 pounds.
It’s not high for sure, 1046 pounds! I only pull a 12’ trailer loaded with my SxS so maybe 250 pounds tongue weight. It should work for just my wife and me with the small amount of cargo we typically travel with.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also ask for it to be escalated if you are stuck waiting for parts more than 45 days or waiting for a build date for more than 30 days.
Ok so during my last ram chat , i was told still gathering parts. The lady on chat said you have being waiting on parts for while. I am going to escalate you case, and someone will contact you in the next 2 day.. so who would be contacting me? And how does this go now as far as process?

Fabman75

Reaction score
Ok so during my last ram chat , i was told still gathering parts. The lady on chat said you have being waiting on parts for while. I am going to escalate you case, and someone will contact you in the next 2 day.. so who would be contacting me? And how does this go now as far as process?
When was your order date?

sflindsey

Reaction score
My truck arrived at Mark Dodge on Saturday morning. Aaron called me and sent a few pictures. Aaron told me that he had a few phone calls already wondering if it was for sale. Of course, the answer was a big NO! :) Worked with Jason in Finance to sign the paperwork. My lock in rebates and the 0% for 72 months as signed for when I bought were better than what is available now (of course, we all know that). I am flying into Lake Charles on Thursday to pick the truck up and start my drive back to the Buckeye state. Looking forward to the drive back home.

Attachments

• IMG_92501.jpg
    IMG_92501.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_92511.jpg
    IMG_92511.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_92521.jpg
    IMG_92521.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 52

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck arrived at Mark Dodge on Saturday morning. Aaron called me and sent a few pictures. Aaron told me that he had a few phone calls already wondering if it was for sale. Of course, the answer was a big NO! :) Worked with Jason in Finance to sign the paperwork. My lock in rebates and the 0% for 72 months as signed for when I bought were better than what is available now (of course, we all know that). I am flying into Lake Charles on Thursday to pick the truck up and start my drive back to the Buckeye state. Looking forward to the drive back home.
I like that color. I had a hard time deciding between that and the Patriot Blue. Nice truck and sounds like you’ll have some quality time with your new truck driving back home😆

Fabman75

Reaction score
My order date was 4/13
We have similar builds, mine went in about a week after yours. I just contacted ram chat and they said the same( I would like to escalate your case......) I guess we will see what happens next.

Users who are viewing this thread