5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have one on order exactly like you want it. I would definitely be happy with what you are getting because the $1000 you are not getting off is peanuts to the pricing you will get on a 2022. Plus I wouldn't want the first run of the Uconnect 5 because there will be issues for sure.

Thanks, I appreciate the reassurance. I slept on it and got over it, I wasn't really thinking very much of not buying it but just needed some time to be mad about it. I completely agree though about your points, in addition to just missing and needing a truck, I don't want to mess with the pricing for a 22 or the potential uconnect 5 issues.

So I'm currently in the process of giving my bank account a lot more breathing room and e signing some things. Back to excitement mode and the kid on Christmas feeling.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My build sheet became available today, which is the build date Aaron gave me on May 14, so right on schedule.

Incidentally, when I chatted with Ram Chat on/around May 15, they said my truck was scheduled to be built, but didn’t give me a date. Do my dealer has given me more detailed info than Ram Chat, which seems to be the common experience.

I’ll bug Aaron early next week to see if he’s got an ETA yet.

P.S. My build sheet also lists active air dam delete, and I’m okay with that.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Anybody else notice in other threads that it you have a problem getting your truck fixed Ram Cares shows up to help? Yet they avoid this thread like the plague.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the reassurance. I slept on it and got over it, I wasn't really thinking very much of not buying it but just needed some time to be mad about it. I completely agree though about your points, in addition to just missing and needing a truck, I don't want to mess with the pricing for a 22 or the potential uconnect 5 issues.

So I'm currently in the process of giving my bank account a lot more breathing room and e signing some things. Back to excitement mode and the kid on Christmas feeling.
FYI - my salesman & his manager were adamant we could not lock in the $4500 (ish) incentive when we ordered in March but were both pretty dang sure it would be higher when truck was delivered. That amount currently is down to $3500 and will expire prior to arrival so I’m a bit nervous - but not nervous enough to consider canceling. I’m grateful the selling price was below invoice less whatever incentives upon arrival.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI - my salesman & his manager were adamant we could not lock in the $4500 (ish) incentive when we ordered in March but were both pretty dang sure it would be higher when truck was delivered. That amount currently is down to $3500 and will expire prior to arrival so I’m a bit nervous - but not nervous enough to consider canceling. I’m grateful the selling price was below invoice less whatever incentives upon arrival.
Sounds like you should be pretty adamant that they cover at least $4,500 when your truck comes in then

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build sheet became available today, which is the build date Aaron gave me on May 14, so right on schedule.

Incidentally, when I chatted with Ram Chat on/around May 15, they said my truck was scheduled to be built, but didn’t give me a date. Do my dealer has given me more detailed info than Ram Chat, which seems to be the common experience.

Anyone have a Limited come in within the last two weeks or so that says their active air damn was deleted?…or had any undue removals for that matter?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Though I knew Aaron was on vacation, I forwarded my Tread Lightly Control Number email to him yesterday and specifically said, "Please do not respond to this email while you are on vacation, it is just for your records." He responded. Kind of made me mad. :ROFLMAO: Take your vacation, Aaron! :)

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I may be way wrong, but for some reason I thought vehicles with the air suspension didn't have the active air dam?
I believe that to be the case as well

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Though I knew Aaron was on vacation, I forwarded my Tread Lightly Control Number email to him yesterday and specifically said, "Please do not respond to this email while you are on vacation, it is just for your records." He responded. Kind of made me mad. :ROFLMAO: Take your vacation, Aaron! :)
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I wonder if he’s allowed to take gift cards etc. If nothing else, we can implode the dealerships google reviews

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I may be way wrong, but for some reason I thought vehicles with the air suspension didn't have the active air dam?
In my case, this is a coil sprung Longhorn. And I’ve seen folks with air suspension who do have the air dam. So there doesn’t appear to be a pattern.

ben b

Reaction score
Some more progress, slow but steady.

May 16: Stirling Heights, Michigan
May 18: Pine, Indiana (254 miles in 2 days)
May 20: North Platte, Nebraska (779 miles in 2 days)
May 24: Ogden, Utah (653 miles in 4 days)​
May 25: Roseville, CA (666 miles in 1 day)​
May 27: Benicia, CA (79 miles in 2 days) END OF THE RAIL LINE

Total: 2,431 miles in 11 days 221 miles/day​
My RAM is now 50 miles from the dealership. But it can take until next week to be unloaded from the train and sent to the dealership for final prep. My salesman is doing his best to expedite this part, but there is only so much he can do.

Not sure why we pay a $1,695 destination charge for such slow transportation. Maybe next time I'll use Amazon Prime and get 1 day delivery.

ben b

Reaction score
The 2020 RAM 1500 catalog has the entries below:
1622144110680.png

My build sheet for a Limited Longhorn with air suspension show a fixed air dam. But my window sticker shows an active air dam. So I guess that I will get what I get. I'm not too concerned. One config might get marginally better mileage; the other config is simpler. I'm happy either way.

Either way, the truck will come with active grille shutters. But that isn't a huge feature to me either.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
Anyone have a Limited come in within the last two weeks or so that says their active air damn was deleted?…or had any undue removals for that matter?
Seems like a lot of trucks hitting the dealer lots recently have the active air dam deleted. Curious to know if this is just across the board and all trucks being built now are having the air dam deleted, or if there is some pattern here (only certain trim levels, eTorque, 4x4)? I asked Ram Chat, and they open an inquiry and said they are looking into it, but I never heard back. Probably does not make much of a difference, but a little annoying that they are only deducting $85 when it probably costs a lot more than that to buy one.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of trucks hitting the dealer lots recently have the active air dam deleted. Curious to know if this is just across the board and all trucks being built now are having the air dam deleted, or if there is some pattern here (only certain trim levels, eTorque, 4x4)? I asked Ram Chat, and they open an inquiry and said they are looking into it, but I never heard back. Probably does not make much of a difference, but a little annoying that they are only deducting $85 when it probably costs a lot more than that to buy one.
Yeah but if it’s not allowed with air suspension then there should show an $85 deduction, right?
It’s just really confusing

njvette

Reaction score
Looking at the build sheet and window sticker for my Laramie.
Both show Active Air Dam Delete and window sticker shows a minus $85.

Users who are viewing this thread